Do you have a new theory?

Severian

In the meantime please note you do not use quantum entanglement or such non-classical explanations here.

Quantum entanglement is just the interference between different quantum states. The calculations of corrections to g-2 do include all such interference effects (even though I didn't go inot the calculations in general). Note that you have to use Quantum Feild Theory of course, since QM really only describes one particle moving in a potential.

But then, the same mistake has been made throughout the history of scientific thought as those whose careers are deeply embedded in existing theories fight against new ideas, i.e., Einstein, Darwin and Galileo.

In all three cases, the scientists involved took their ideas to their peers. NOT to amateurs on an amateur board. Einstein went thru the peer-review process. Darwin discussed his ideas with Lyell, Hooker, and Gray for 20 years before publishing. Galileo broached his ideas to fellow astronomers.

The sad thing is that open discussion on even the wilder ideas could lead everyone to a new understanding and even possibly to exciting discoveries.

The fora for that is scientific meetings, not here. Most exciting discoveries do have their roots in wild ideas first broached to colleagues at their institution or at meetings.

One essential of introducing wild ideas is the willingness to admit the idea is wrong when confronted with existing data that refute it. This is where 99.9% of scientific hypotheses die. In the investigator's head as he tests it against data in the literature or with colleagues who know a piece of the literature the investigator does not.

Unfortunately, that is not what happens in Internet forums. Instead, someone posits a brand new theory but will not listen to the data that refutes it and refuses to give the theory up. This results in a lot of wasted time by the other posters as they try to convince one person who simply will not be convinced. It is these types of discussions that tend to get squashed.

In order to be a good scientist, you have to be willing to abandon an idea when the data shows it to be wrong.

In all three cases' date=' the scientists involved took their ideas to their [b']peers[/b]. NOT to amateurs on an amateur board. Einstein went thru the peer-review process. Darwin discussed his ideas with Lyell, Hooker, and Gray for 20 years before publishing. Galileo broached his ideas to fellow astronomers.

The fora for that is scientific meetings, not here. Most exciting discoveries do have their roots in wild ideas first broached to colleagues at their institution or at meetings.

One essential of introducing wild ideas is the willingness to admit the idea is wrong when confronted with existing data that refute it. This is where 99.9% of scientific hypotheses die. In the investigator's head as he tests it against data in the literature or with colleagues who know a piece of the literature the investigator does not.

Unfortunately, that is not what happens in Internet forums. Instead, someone posits a brand new theory but will not listen to the data that refutes it and refuses to give the theory up. This results in a lot of wasted time by the other posters as they try to convince one person who simply will not be convinced. It is these types of discussions that tend to get squashed.

In order to be a good scientist, you have to be willing to abandon an idea when the data shows it to be wrong.

Indeed, it is a strength of the system and not a weakness that all new ideas have to go through a trial by fire before they are accepted. It also needs to be understood that those proposing new theories that go through such peer-review and do get accepted very likely had a firm understanding of the existing theories to which they added, which is another common difference with the online discussion community.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post new threads, I do not know why. So let me restart this debate by introducing my own formula: F=mr/2. Given that the force value is 0.719982 for all particles, then we can calculate the radius of all particles using this formula.

Now we know the Compton radius for the electron and using that to determine a converion factor we can use the Compton formula to calculate the radius of other particles. The Compton radii agree with my formula radii but only if it is assumed that all particles have a charge value of 1. So why do quarks have fractional charges?

• 1 month later...

Yes. I have a new theory. Based on and authenticated within - previously unrecognized facets of - the foundations of Classical & Contemporary Experimental-Academic Physics.

It is entitled 'Gravity, Electricity & Magnetism are the 4th, 5th & 6th Dimensions: The non-mathematically translated Special & General Relativity, and the Reinstatement of Einstein's Presently Abandoned Unified Field: the Big Bang Theory Is Wrong. Entropic Heat Death is a Myth.'

To the best of my knowledge I am not allowed to share this freely accessible information with anyone on this website, because it has been pronounced to be 'Blatent Advertising'. I have been admonished: 'None of that'.

Clearly I misunderstand some very rudimentary communications or other procedure(s). I respectfully request further instruction in this matter. Perhaps my motives are misunderstood. I wish not to broker, sell or otherwise merchandise anything. I wish to access whomever may wish to click on a provided URL, to a source of anthological and narrated information; that it may be constructively criticized, disqualified, augmented, edited, or otherwise commented upon.

Thank you for reading this missive.

Sincerely, K. B. Robertson

kraziequus@yahoo.com

"Have you read the first post in this thread?"

Yes. I have read the first post in this thread.

Please instruct me on how this is a point for or against those which I wish to make here - and in several other locations.

Thank you.

K. B. Robertson

An Offered Avenue of

Comprehension in the

Quantum Mechanical Field of

'Discontinuity' and

the 'Quantum Leap' (continued)...

The 5th dimension (5th ninety degree extension out of the four part, three hundred sixty degree quadrants) doesn't ‘mysteriously’ leap out of 4-D matter at all, but rather is an inevitably extrapolated, continuous - inevitably accelerated - extension of it (the 4-D mass from which it originates and by which it - the 5th dimension, is generated), manifest in an apparently discontinuous unit - "Plank's constant 'h' factor"; a discontinuous unit - photon - always having the same value, because it is consistently the 5th ninety degree unit extending out of the 4 physical dimensions that preceded and generated it.

The 5th ninety degree units (photons; 'Planck's "constant 'h' factor") moving at right angles - outside the fully occupied - 'no vacancy here, beyond four 90o quadrants, constituting a - system: projections of and from the 4-D charges ('particles') are called photons, or 'quanta' - the smallest unit of energy known to academia. The described dynamic does not actually contradict continuous field theory (as popular perceived and alleged), but rather, is a result of and generated by the 4-D space-time continuum.

The 5th and 6th dimensions of electricity and magnetism respectively, are accelerating, just as the source from which they invariably originate (4-D matter), but the expansion of electricity and magnetism is exponentially extended from 4-D matter and therefore accelerating at a much faster - quantum leaping - rate. An illusion of 'contradiction' of continuous field theory, whereas the apparently 'discontinuous' particle is actually a 4-dimensionally and continuously expanding charge of electricity which generates 5 and 6 dimensional, 90o quadrants - photons - at right angles from it's 4-D boundaries.

(The record may be 'redundant' in the presentation of this issue, whereas, the repetitive descriptions wish to approach the unprecedented solution from several different perspectives. Thank you.)

This record describes the above explained ephemerality (the dynamics of Planck's 'constant "h" factor' known as the 'quantum leap'): as the 'translatory moment' - when the 5th 90o unit of electricity 'quantum leaps' out of the 4-D quadrant of 90o that generates furthermore, 90o of electricity, followed by 90o of magnetism; i.e. - the 5th and 6th dimensions of electricity and magnetism, respectively. Comprehensively and continuously emitted in discontinuous units, called 'quanta' and/or 'photons'; often referred to as 'photo-electric effect'. The 'translatory moment' is also when the apparently 'standing field' of actually expanding (ever acclerating) 4-D matter, projects the 5th and 6th dimensions of electromagnetism, abruptly accelerates beyond the accleration-rate of 4-D matter (an apparent 'standing field' <'obviously physical matter, corporeal reality at large, is not expanding'>, emitting the recognized electromagnetic field; in discrete - 90o units); 'quantum leaping' (via the 5th and 6th 90o extrapolated units of electricity and magnetism:) at light speed (relative to the apparently 'standing <'static'> field' from which it originates and by which it - electromagetism - is generated).

(Refer illustration of logarithmic spiral <not to be confused with the spiral of Archimedes, which is not accelerating, as the logarithmical, exponentially expanding spiral is - acclerating; made up of four 90o quadrants, each of which is exponentially acclerated from the first 90o quadrant to the fourth 90o quadrant, fulfilling a manifest charge.

Illustration obtained from entering 'Geometry Junkyard' in Google.

(It also appears to be an expression of what is called the 'Golden Rectangle'...)

This shape, constructed by inscribing circular arcs in a spiral tiling of squares, resembles but is not quite the same as a logarithmic spiral. A similar spiral is used as the Sybase Inc. logo.

(The illustration is not transferrable from it's location on delphi, to this location on SFN, or, if it is transferable, I am ignorant of how that is accomplished.)

Above is a geometric expression of exponential - extrapolative - spiral progression from a center source (in this case a rectangle rather than a circle). It is approximately the structure of a nautilus shell - pompilius nautilis linnae, as well as any number of sea shells, snails and perhaps innumerable spiral shapes as they occur in Nature.

Referencing the above geometric expression; disregarding the rectangular center, there are four 90o quadrants exponentially progressing in clockwise motion, ending with the vertical straight line - where the evolution of the four segments preceding the vertical line fullfill a 360o whole.

360o divided by 90o equals four, followed by a 5th 90o 'pie chart' shape, extrapolated at right angles out of and far exceeding the area of the four 90o quadrants preceding it.

Repeat: note that the 5th 90o component occurs beyond 360o, and that, by way of extrapolation - exponential acceleration - the 5th component, although identical in 90o shape, very abruptly transforms to a size much larger than than all four combined 90o quadrants preceding it.

When the four 'sliced pie quarters' are gathered together in an equilateral circle , they complete a 360 degree whole. This represents a so called 'particle', more appropriately described as a 4 dimensional 'charge' of field energy.

The 5th section of 90o occurs outside of and at right angles to the described quadrant of four 90o segments. This record offers the (above diagrammatic) geometric expression - of an extrapolating spiral - as an example of 4-Dimensional acceleration of matter, generating a fifth 90o segment, representing the 5th dimension of electricity, contiguously extending - quantum leaping - at right angles out of the 360o, 4-Dimensional system from which it originates and by which it is generated; while the 6th 90o segment of 4-D charge-generated magnetism, exponentially extends at right angles out of the 5th. The 90o quadrant extending from the 5th is all the more acclerated - a 6th 90o quadrant, moving at right angles to the preceding 5th.

This record submits that the accelerated extrapolation of the 5th and 6th 90o quadrants at right angles from the 4-D 'charge', or 'particle', constitutes Planck's constant h factor, and, why it always has the same value (the emitted 5th & 6th 90o quadrants at right angles from the 4-D charge from which it originates and by which it is generated. The setting is one of compatability of discontinuous quanta as being the result of continuous field dynamics. I submit that this translation self evidently fulfills the context of this thread.

Thank you for reading this missive.

- K.B. Robertson

This is a place for guidlines about new theories not a place to post them.

Respectfully submit:

There is a series of consistent aversions to reciprocal communications, addressed to nearly all of my posts.

I am unsure how to interpret your responses, or those of D'jon, at other locations. I have provided access to my 'Home' URL and been told such provisions are 'Blatent Advertising'.

I sincerely and respectfully contend that accessing Readers who care to 'click-on' to the provided information and read it - and then comment upon it, pro or con; at their volition, by definition, avoids any lengthy dissertations in any post on any forum or website.

Whether or not a given Reader wishes to address the extended information and/or comment on it, is at the option of the Reader; without depositions of apparently overextensive information, as representatives of SFN consistently advise against.

I am sincerely attempting to abide by your rules - as I learn of them - to the best of my ability, Provision of a Home page URL does not seem to me, to be any kind of imposition at all, to the general policy of brevity. A typically abbreviated question frequently does not allow or fairly beget, or oblige, a more extensive reply - exceptions to this rule, granted.

I have been repeatedly told, in various ways, that there is no contribution on my part, as I submit there is. NOTABLY: There has been no specific address to or disqualifications of, any real or imagined equivocations - in context of the Home page URL click-on work I am referring to. The preemptive requirements are, that an extended statement is discouraged and/or disallowed at this location, and, any provision of an URL clicking on to the Home page at issue here, is prohibited.

Please tell me what you think of this description of the quandary apparent that prevails here. Is not the non-posting of a proposed 'new theory', and the provision for 'guidelines' what is presented here.

If this latter question is not germane to your intended meaning in saying:

This is a place for guidlines about new theories not a place to post them.

If not, will you - or perhaps D'Jon - provide me with what is or not intended in the responses Truly Yours is receiving from each and both of you (lately, for example)?

Thanking you, I am sincerely,

K. B. Robertson

What if a theory (or just a glorified idea) that someone is stating on this board is not as intellectually flattering or complex as todays theories but is in fact right?

I keep saying the earth is round but people balk at me for lack of mathematical expression.

What if a theory (or just a glorified idea) that someone is stating on this board is not as intellectually flattering or complex as todays theories but is in fact right?

I keep saying the earth is round but people balk at me for lack of mathematical expression.

:)

Well. Hello Martian. (Welcome to earth and if we were responsible for the mess' date=' we'd apologize?).

Yours is among the more germane and astute responses we've received on this site in recent memory.

There's a glorious axiom that gives substance to the importance of simplicity. The Gravity and Unified Field work at point here, which is not being evaluated, but rather dismissed out of hand as unworthy of address, consideration or evaluation; such dismissal based on the categorically unscientific presumption that it can't be what it is.

D'jon and 'insane alien' have divined that the work I've authored must meet standards that it meets - and surpasses; must make predictions that it does make, and must offer explanations hitherto inexplicable, that it does explain.

Insane alien and J'Dona (? of most recent occasion) openly concede not knowing or taking the time to learn of the issue they anticipate - and proselytized - the failures and shortcomings of.

Insane alien has already proved himself as falsely anticipating what he mistakenly thinks, in proclaiming that 'the 4th dimension is time'; as though my (unprecedented) statement that gravity is the 4th dimension somehow must exclude time; whereas, time is motion and conversely, and is inevitably included in the statement, 'gravity is the 4th dimension' - the partial title of a work neither Insane alien nor J'Don have read, and show no interest in reading, while assertively predicting that 'the (paraphrased) forces which made me leave the first time, will most likely make me leave again.'

Insane alien's self proved false assumption apparently has not given he, or J'Dona, cause for pause.

The latter of the two has recently abandoned an ongoing thread at one location, choosing to leave my repartee to his earlier, respectfully challenged reasoning, unanswered at that thread (under the 'more tolerant' category of 'Psuedoscience and Metaphysics', entitled TOTAL FIELD THEORY Including Quantum Mechanics and 'particles'), and moved to join 'insane alien's speculative anticipations of my - consistently dismissed; simultaneously unevaluated, ungainsayed, specifically unaddressed work, in another discussion at another location ('Do you have a new theory'); gone on to generally reiterate previously made, generally irrelevant and otherwise inapplicable points.

As though listing a series of definitions for what constitutes a worthy scientific dissertation, is germane to the specific work they - until further notice - functionally refuse to authoritatively critique or otherwise editorially disqualify... Without ever making described, qualified contact with, or otherwise objectively surveillancing what they renounce, and predict public disinterest in (effectively displacing - and discouraging - any unbiased public response).

J'Dona speaks of my (paraphrased) 'previous failures to establish a following'. Whereas, I would much prefer a constructive argument addressing specific issues in the conspicuously 'untouchable' work at (notably tenacious, evasive) point, here.

Imperatively structured, command authority inflected, proclamative disclaimers abound, while none are qualified...

That would require a real knowledge of what they so far have - or candidly say they have - no way (interest or need) of knowing of.

That is, [u']as[/u] though the work they are alluding to is something else, someplace else, based on some reasoning other than that upon which it is based, where, when and how it is, and for what reasons.

This pattern of disallowing my work from becoming a familiar and tenable subject on a given website or forum has repeated itself many times in many places, since I began using the net in September of 2002, and before then, in other 'innercircles' of 'good ol' boys'. Yet, in over four decades of publishing and selling out what is now ten (highly if obscurely acclaimed) small press editions, my unprecedented work has yet to be anywhere near disqualified. On the contrary, 'my work' (which is based on the work of many others far wiser and more knowledgeable than myself) clarifies and qualifies what was previously vague and unqualified.

Because it simply authenticates itself on the foundations of status quo physics, by way of recognizing and connecting previously unrecognized, unconnected facts.

My (notably entrenched) uninitiated critics are speaking of an unprecedented series of recognitions, anticipating and addressing a collective series of previously unexplained, uncomprehended, misunderstood facts, as though this work is not (cannot, must not be) beyond their present knowledge and understanding. Apparently taking 'personally' the unprecedented titular statement - for example - with its correspondingly unprecedented identifications and discoveries of previously unidentified, unknown and/or misunderstood findings - that apparently repelling title including the statements: Gravity, Electricity & Magnetism are the 4th, 5th and 6th dimensions.

The non-mathematical Translation of Einsteins Special & General Relativity, and the Reinstatement of Einstein's Presently Abandoned Unified Field Theory, The Big Bang Theory is wrong. 'Entropic Heat Death' is a Myth'.

In parodying the experience of those encountering such a title (let alone the implied contents), were I not the author - discoverer/translator - of this work, I would make a point of reading it, in order to bring down the deck of cards that the unbalanced author must surely have stacked and gone bonkers over... Whereas, until such time as a given reader disassembles any such structure, item by item, or, locates the lynchpin that collapses the entire castle in the sky, I would not rest easily with what had every appearance of being a 'loose cannon', that far too many people were (and I assure you, hundreds of thousands already are; internationally) taking seriously.

The following sentiment is a portion of an e-mail letter (that I am granted permission to publish) from a sponsor of Hypography Science Forums: from which I was recently permanently banned - for three days; then re-admitted, only to be permanently banned again; with the stigmatic flag 'Banned' accompanying whatever may be left of my posts on Hypography Science Forums (under the user name, That Rascal Puff). My wife went on to join and introduce herself (in the 'Introductions' at Hypography); simultaneously speaking on my behalf, due to the fact of the discontinuance of any further opportunity for Truly Yours to qualify or otherwise defend himself...

...From invasive, 'hi-jacking' posts such as 'This message deleted by GAHD. Reason: That Rascal Puff is unworthy of google' (that's what it said, in the middle of a cordial and highly informative and educationally recreational, lively dialogue on TOTAL FIELD THEORY, with an administrator named 'Turtle', an administrator named 'IrishEyes', a sponsor named 'Infamous', a forumite named Craig, and a forumite named 'Buffy' - 'Resident Slayer'. 'Turtle' had of his own intiative, humbled Truly Yours with an off-the-beaten-path, 'Lounge' thread, entitled: 'Walking Stick and Turtle Discuss Total Field Theory'. I was firstly and wrongly 'banned, permanently' for 'multiple posts', which turned out to be the error of one 'orbsycli' (administrator; cohort of adminstrator, GAHD 'the pirate'.

Three days later, the Hypography Founder, one Tormod, of Oslo, Norway, who still has my highest respects, even though (due to the fact that he has since his foundership, understandably devoted more time to his growing family) he left the store generally unattended (by 'volunteer' administrators, in a 'free' forum), long enough to let the tyranny of administratively empowered elements such as 'orbsycli' and 'GAHD' preclude justice and practice creative troublemaking, name-calling and vacuously blaming and accusing, kangaroo courting, convicting and ejecting Truly Yours (for example).

GAHD sent me a series of 'Private Messages', which, I soon learned, I was disallowed from posting in the forum proper. GAHD goaded and bullied Truly Yours to a point where I did post his moral trespasses, gaffes and uncalled for flourishes of the abuse of power. This is how Tormod, as CEO, was finally persuaded by the cited rowdies, to ban me yet once again, permanently (for posting GAHD's Private Message in the forum mainstream - holding him publicly accountable for what he wished to carry out 'in the dark'. He got caught, and, I got busted for busting him...

There's been a lot of that going on around my work, and myself personally, for over forty years... <There's a message in there somewheres?>).

As I was saying, my wife registered with Hypography (the first and only forum she's ever joined), to amenably round off a few potential misunderstandings in the 'Introduction' category of new memberships. My wife, Caryn ('Godmothered by a computer spellcheck programe which insisted on calling her 'Crayon'), closed the letter with a statement that I had influenced and contributed to the letter's content (an unsurprising matter of fact.)

She was subsequently congratulated as a new member; told to log in, which she did, and then told shortly after her introduction, accompanied by the manifest posting of her message on my behalf, whereupon she was then barred from further access to any facet of Hypography. 'YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED. Reason: None'.

Then, as I was saying, I continued to correspond via private e-mail with Hypography sponsor and pen pal comrade, 'Infamous' ('InfamySteadfast', or, 'Infmy'); he gave me permission to publish our e-mail correspondence. The following missive is one such letter from 'Infamous', who is a fair minded, sensitive and knowledgeably truth seeking, energetic man in his early sixties, as am I. Note his stated speculations why I was really banned (including my wife, three times in less than five weeks; due to an altogether too familiar process of blaming the <would-be, innercircle designated> victims).

In this case, InfmySteadfast points out the empty reasoning of the ejection crew as being their 'suspicion' that my wife's letter was approximately co-authored with myself as the other contributor. This is true, as it was stated at the closure of the letter written by my wife and contributed to by myself. This is a given. Lacking any real reason for a series of faux pax's, the 86'ing party created a 'reason', which was no reason at all... <'suspicion' that I contributed to the content of my wife's letter...).

And now this:

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:34:39 -0800 (PST)

From: "James Pugh" <rockytoptenor@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more

Subject: Message for Tormod...............

To: "Ben MacColley" <kraziequus@yahoo.com>

Sir Puff;

I'll need to ask Tormod if he's interested in hearing from you first, he always quite busy and I'm not sure how he will react if I just forward the message without first asking.

I have some information that may explain why the problem occured with your wife's membership. I wasn't going to tell you this because I didn't want you to get upset, but now I think it's time for you to be brought up to date. When your wife delivered her first message, a few of our members had suspicions that it was really yourself that was responsible for the correspondence. Orby was the first to suggest it I believe, please don't quote me on this, I would really like to distance myself from this conflict. I personally don't have any problems communicating with you on any level, some others however, allow their egos to get in the way of benifical conversation.

I wasn't going to tell you the following for some of the same reasons but I feel it necessary to now relate my former involvement in your first re-instatement. It was I that politely asked Tormod if we couldn't give you another chance at forum membership. I'm afraid that asking again would fall on deaf ears, especially because everyone knows that it was thru my efforts that you regained your membership the first time. At any rate, if Hypography can be convinced that it is not yourself impersonating your wife as a way to regain a voice in the forums, they may allow her to join the forum. Understand, I'm in no way suggesting that I concur with this paranoid delusion of theirs, I'm just relating the content of conversations I was privy to.

It's really sad that some people have this need to exercise power over others. For what ever reason, it's something I've really never had the tast for. Maybe I'm the one that's weird, seems like just about everyone I know has this thing eating at them. I personally don't like to fight or exercise my will over others, I'm perfectly content to allow my fellow man to live his life in any way he wants, so long as he's not stepping on my toes, I have no desire to step on his.

I'll send Tormod a message and ask him if he wants to converse with you, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I get the distinct impression that the real reason behind your problems at Hypography is a few of the higher ups feel threated by your superior intellect......just an opinion of mine, but I think there's some truth in this observation.................James

This is an example, along with that still being exemplified by qualified, awry elements of Science Forums and Debate (SFN), of how the first and only non-mathematical translation of Einstein's most significant achievements, is being greeted, by far too many ingrate elements. (There's ominous messages of import in here somewhere's? <The Inquisition has not expired. Only it's vehicularization - and some of its age old hell raising methods - have changed.)

Thank you, Martian, and whomever else it may earnestly concern, for reading this missive.

:rolleyes:

Sincerely,

K. B. Robertson

World's #1 Einstein Groupie

Apprentice to Albert - The Axe - Einstein

Aegis to the Great Continental EuroAsian Green Grass RiverDragon

The Last Man Standing.

Vini. Vici. Entiendo.

Dear J'Dona and Insane Alien:

Please refer to the next notably cognate and timely post by 'Martian', and consider my reply to that amiable entity and/or sentient being, as it applies to the recent posts by yourselves, in response to KaiduOrkhon, aka, Truly Yours, K. B. Robertson.

Sincere gratitude,

Kent Benjamin Robertson

Aka Kaiduorkhon

(That Rascal Puff)

kraziequus@yahoo.com

Dear D'jona and Insane Alien

By Your petitioned leave:

At the time I wrote the above post' date=' I misunderstood that it would occur and be stationed [u']between [/u]the above post and that of Martian (as quoted above). That is to say, the sequencing of the quote to Martian was intended to occur, addressed to each and both of you, as above described. Please pardon the quasi-anachronism.

Sincerely,

K.B. Robertson

(Etceteras.)

• 2 months later...

Hoping this information corroborates the edifications of J'Dona, Severian and anyone else who couldn't agree with them more, including Truly Yours.

An introduction to an introduction:

THE STRUCTURE OF SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTIONS.

by Professor Frank Pajares,

as remarkably condensed by Thomas S. Kuhn.

An advised required reading to anyone interested in and/or involved in any of the sciences, particularly pragmatic and theoretical physics. With kudos to Mr. David DubinaSix, of Alaska (nor is this the first riveting package of information that Mr. Six has forwarded to this record ) This same URL clicker occurs near the close of this dissertation on TOTAL FIELD THEORY. If you don't enjoy snowboarding, skiiing, ice or rollerskating, golf or baseball, horseback riding, hockey - or reality in general - you can probly skip this intro to the introduction (It Requires High School Reading Skills - far more challenging than TV GUIDE, for example...)

Otherwise, please relax. Clear your mind, and, arm yerself with a large container of popcorn and/or chips and a non-alcoholic beverage (You may slide 'n glide, sea 'n ski, earth, wind and fire when ready, Skidly?).

http://www.des.emory.edu/mfp/kuhnsyn.html

This URL sometimes lands on fine print which may be enlarged via clicking on the 'View' mode in the upper left hand corner of your moniter. Adjust 'Text size'. (So easy, even a Geico advertising administrative executive can do it?)

The record was inspired to proffer the above (may I say 'riveting') URL, in the spirit of the immediate above quoted message posted by MARTIAN, and the perhaps majority who may agree (Sorta like the chicken soup, that can't hurt any, and, may help?).

Thank you for being here, and there.

I am gratefully and respectfully, That Rascal Puff, Aka K. B. Robertson.

(Of course my TOTAL FIELD THEORY <is not an hypothesis> is not presented here, neither is its URL, though it is, in my humble estimation, completely ingenous and germane as an issue in this thread. With permission of the adminstrators <including J'Dona and Severian?>, it would be an honor and a privilege to bring one chapter of my book to this thread, and, should it not meet the administrations requirements, it follows that it won't be posted for very long if at all. I request this opportunity, that those who will, may draw their own conclusions. Thank you - one and all, large and small - once again. - That Rascal Poof )

• 3 weeks later...

:)

Dear ZeroPoint Quark Linda:

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately I do not have permission of the incumbent administrators to refer Readers here (via 'click-on URL' or other URL address) to one chapter - or for that matter the entirety of my condensed version of my 627 page, 45 year, 10 sold out edition, small press, internationally distributed work. I have already been chastized for posting extensive messages, hence I am unable to fulfill your complimentary request. Mr. Bill Hutchinson - EINSTEIN WAS WRONG!! AND EVIL!!! is permitted to be clicked on, but not my work gainsaying his and that of the Final Theory, written by an Australian who begins to parallel my work (feigning ignorance of it) and then perilously breaks away from it into a communications pudding that fails to set up whether its chilled or heated. :eek:

I do not understand the inequity of allowing Bill Hutchinson's black magic and anti semitism to be clicked on here, while - so far - any such suggestion or action on my part, regarding my work, has been disallowed (there seems to be some sort of an idea that I'm trying to sell what I've sold out ten times and have always freely given away also. It used to be entitled THE NEW GRAVITY, then it went on to being GRAVITY IS THE 4th DIMENSION: Extraterrestrial Physics 101, then GRAVITY, ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM are the 4TH, 5TH & 6th DIMENSIONS: THE NON-MATHEMATICAL REINSTATEMENT OF EINSTEIN'S PRESENTLY ABANDONED UNIFIED FIELD: THE BIG BANG THEORY IS WRONG: ENTROPIC HEAT DEATH IS A MYTH. Presently I call it TOTAL FIELD THEORY. It's posted and can be freely accessed, but the predominant management forbids it. :confused:

Yes. I have a 'new' theory, based on previous non recognitions of the foundations of classic and contemporary physics. But I'm not allowed to connect readers of 'Do You Have A New Theory' to it. :eek

Thank you for asking.

• 2 months later...

If you have something to be peer reviewed then that is great! My post was not to discourage this, but to encourage people to think through their ideas before making a fool of themselves? So before you put yourself up for public ridicule (which is what all new theories are subjected to (Einstein's included)) you have to ask if it makes reasonable predictions for things that have already been tested.

For example, if it is a quantum theory, does it describe the motion of electrons correctly? Does it describe electromagnetism? Does it get the correct value for the magnetic moment? (I was being a little tongue in cheek with my first post - I don't expect you to have it calculated to 10 significant figures, but it should agree with 2 to a reasonable approximation.)

If it is a theory of gravity, does if have newtonian gravity as its low energy limit? Does it predict the correct perhelion of Mercury?

If you have a theory which passes these sort of tests, then we will be very happy to hear aboiut it. If it doesn't pass these tests then surely it is already wrong, and a lot more 'wrong' than the SM.

My apologies for not replying earlier, I lost track of this forum.

I feel you are missing the key point. My theory does not meet any of your criteria for the very good reason that the SM already does this with proven success.

Speaking at the 2005 Solvay conference David Gross (Nobel laureate) said:We are in a period of utter confusion.....These equations tell us nothing about where space and time come from and describe nothing we would recognise. At best, string theory depicts the way particles might interact in a collection of hypothetical universes..............we are missing something funamental.

My proposal is about that something fundamental it tells us what particles are and why they have their particular properties. It shows that particle structure is observed to be repeated on the cosmic scale; it is not about prediction but about why things are the way we observe them to be.

I shall send a copy to alexross, meanwhile I am looking for an arxiv sponsor, if there is one reading this willing to consider my proposal please send an email to http://www.jhmar2@tiscali.co.uk. The fundamental nature of my proposal means that it does not fit neatly into any existing arxiv classification and is unlikely to be of interest to strict QT theorists.

Severian

However, when coming up with a new theory it is important that it should be better than the old one. Therefore the first step of coming up with a new theory is a sufficient understanding of the old one. You have to make sure that your new theory does everything at least as well as the old theory, otherwise the old theory remains more attractive. This is very difficult mainly because our current theories are so spectacularly good in their predictions.

Surely the greatest need is not for a better predictive theory but for a theory of explanation. It should tell us what mass and charge really are, why do some particles have zero charge, how do some zero charge particles convert to two opposite charge particles. At present we can predict but not explain. Surely a new theory should not simply be more attractive, or predictive, or better, but, its priority should be, to improve to our underderstanding of current theory.

Surely the greatest need is not for a better predictive theory but for a theory of explanation. It should tell us what mass and charge really are' date=' [b']why[/b] do some particles have zero charge, how do some zero charge particles convert to two opposite charge particles. At present we can predict but not explain. Surely a new theory should not simply be more attractive, or predictive, or better, but, its priority should be, to improve to our underderstanding of current theory.

If your theory could predict the masses and charges then it would be more predictive, so more desirable.

Note that we do understand (on some level) why some particles have zero charge and how some zero charge particles convert to two opposite charge particles. This is part of the Standard Model.

Severian

If your theory could predict the masses and charges then it would be more predictive, so more desirable.

No one theory accurately predicts mass but, several different concepts of mass allow prediction to be made providing the right concept for that particular method is used. As a result ST cannot define mass in non-mathematical terms. It does not tell us what mass is or why mass exists; or what is the cause of mass.

Note that we do understand (on some level) why some particles have zero charge and how some zero charge particles convert to two opposite charge particles. This is part of the Standard Model.

I challenge you to explain in non-mathematical terms why some particles have zero charge and what happens during the conversion process.

My theory does not predict charge but it does explain why the allocation of fractional charge to quarks is wrong. It explains what charge is. It does not predict mass but is does explain what mass is and why particles have there particular mass. It shows that the wave structure that seeks to determine particle structure, is the same wave structure that seeks to determine planetary orbits, or the distance between the rings around a comet; or the spiral structure of galatic arms. Nature is simply repeating wave patterns on different scales. It is not a perfect system; there is to much movement and violence for nature to achieve perfection; what we have to look for is the pattern that nature seeks to achieve. It is as if we are trying to determine the depth of an ocean by observing its raging surface.

'Only that which we are ignorant of, is beyond explanation; the rest is explainable'

Dear zeropointquarklinda:

the first url is a crtique on Einstein by a guy named Hutchison, who, uhm, speaks for himself.Compliments of 'bascule', of Science Forums and Debate - SFN,

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/hutchison/050128

The following URL clicks on to TOTAL FIELD THEORY, by Yours Truly

http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie

Dear zeropointquarklinda:

the first url is a crtique on Einstein by a guy named Hutchison, who, uhm, speaks for himself.Compliments of 'bascule', of Science Forums and Debate - SFN,

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/hutchison/050128

The following URL clicks on to TOTAL FIELD THEORY, by Yours Truly

http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie

A pop-up ad may occur on the first click of the above URL, after X'ing that out, a second click takes you there.