redshifts

habibppb

Cosmological redshift would be inexistent, as it is a consequence of the expansion of space. It still would exist redshifts due to Doppler effect (relative peculiar motions) and gravitation (fotons climbing out gravitational wells).

A red shift requires movement. Consider an ambulance coming towards u b4 driving away. the siren would fluctuate in frequency depending on the position of the ambulance.

With the static universe, like tholan said, there would be no redshifts bcoz therez no movement to change the spectral frequency

More importantly I think, if there were no cosmological flow (which is what I think you mean by static) then any redshifts you observe would be local fluctuations. The object would be as likely to be moving towards you as away, so you would see as many blue-shifts as red-shifts.

The fact that everything is redshifted is evidence of an expanding universe. Everything is moving away from us.

There would also be gravitational reshifts, ie the light from stars in the middle of a galaxy would have to have to climb out of the gravity well of the galaxy, light from a galaxy in a cluster of glaxays would have to climb out of the cluster's gravity, light from a super cluster etc. This red shift is observed and is predicted from GR.

More importantly I think' date=' if there were no cosmological flow (which is what I think you mean by static) then any redshifts you observe would be local fluctuations. The object would be as likely to be moving towards you as away, so you would see as many blue-shifts as red-shifts.

The fact that everything is redshifted is evidence of an expanding universe. Everything is moving away from us.[/quote']

not everything, most things like 90% but soem are moving closer, the further you move out the faster and furhter things are moving away