LongCOVID

swansont

2 hours ago, jacobee said:

This topic is relevant for me now, never imagined that I can be one of those people suffering from Long Covid

I'm sorry you caught this, and that most of our governments failed to take it seriously enough quickly enough. If you've read the studies presented in the thread, do you mind sharing some non-sensitive profile info and a perspective on your experience?

2 hours ago, jacobee said:

This topic is relevant for me now, never imagined that I can be one of those people suffering from Long Covid

Sorry to hear. The CDC has some resources and links to additional info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html

It is still a matter of ongoing research and it is important also to take care to unspecific and neurologic symptoms, such as anxiety and sleeplessness, which are easy to overlook.

• 3 weeks later...

The CDC has published a report in which they estimated the prevalence of long-COVID. 

What is already known about this topic?

As more persons are exposed to and infected by SARS-CoV-2, reports of patients who experience persistent symptoms or organ dysfunction after acute COVID-19 and develop post-COVID conditions have increased.

What is added by this report?

COVID-19 survivors have twice the risk for developing pulmonary embolism or respiratory conditions; one in five COVID-19 survivors aged 18–64 years and one in four survivors aged ≥65 years experienced at least one incident condition that might be attributable to previous COVID-19.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Implementation of COVID-19 prevention strategies, as well as routine assessment for post-COVID conditions among persons who survive COVID-19, is critical to reducing the incidence and impact of post-COVID conditions, particularly among adults aged ≥65 years.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7121e1.htm?s_cid=mm7121e1_w

I know students that got diabetic and/or had complications after getting infected with SARS-CoV-2. It really does some nasty things with the immune system.