When to use High speed rail?

Endy0816

So new Brightline rail is being constructed from Miami up to Orlando and from there over towards the west coast.

Still a bit out but trying to figure out how I should go about comparing ticket prices with alternatives and if there's anything else to consider besides straight roundtrip prices.

Edited by Endy0816

Use it when you want to travel quickly while resting, reading, realizing mass transit is more sustainable, etc. I love using high-speed rail when traveling for work in Europe… you sit down, view the countryside, get up and stretch, and get things done while being quickly carried to your destination. 

6 hours ago, iNow said:

Use it when you want to travel quickly while resting, reading, realizing mass transit is more sustainable, etc. I love using high-speed rail when traveling for work in Europe… you sit down, view the countryside, get up and stretch, and get things done while being quickly carried to your destination. 

True that would be nice benefit without the longer times of taking Amtrak.

Would be cool hopping from nearby light rail station to Brightline at the airport and from there to Miami. Something of a painful drive at around 4 hours, compared with Brighline's 2 hours. There and back has never been something you'd regularly want to do in a single day before.

Edited by Endy0816