Are there any benefits to not masturbating?

Isaiah90

Well, for males anyway, larger ejaculate volume when orgasming might be a benefit of masturbation avoidance.

Regardless, whether you’re considering physical benefits or mental benefits of avoiding masturbation, these should be weighed against any risks or stresses this avoidance behavior may simultaneously create. 

Caveat ejaculator

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/10/media/jeffrey-toobin-returns-cnn/index.html

Let Toobin   be a warning to those who might masturbate in public.

He says he thought it was a private  activity ....

Mind you Trump's and Barr's public exposure of their abuse of the Justice Department's procedures in going shamelessly  after his political opponents counts as a far more obscene  waving of their pricks in our collective faces.(a breaking story ;I don't have a link to hand but Schiff was targeted  and many others it seems)

Oh it it the New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/us/politics/justice-department-leaks-trump-administration.html

Edited by geordief

Masturbation is socially frowned upon, because it's not something you should do in a social setting.
Personally, I don't care what you do in the privacy of your home, nor should you care what I do in mine, the number of files on my computer, or the amount I spend on tissue 😄 .

Seems like a strange conversation to be having ...

33 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Have you noticed any benefits?

As in "cui boner" ? (it got a laugh last time)

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/99493-trumps-denial-of-groping/?do=findComment&comment=949472

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Masturbation is socially frowned upon, because it's not something you should do in a social setting.

Once I was kept in a prison for a few days as an irregular economic migrant.

I was taken aback when the first thing I was offered was a magazine that was obviously designed to keep me moist and docile.(they also removed my belt if I recall correctly all these years later)

Edited by geordief

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of those topics which it's almost impossible not to greet with double entendres and such.   I'm unsure if any serious studies have been done of male physiology post-ejaculation, so what most of us have mouldering in our mental attics are various old wives tales,  or mystical allusions to chi,  vital essence,  all that kind of blather.   And all the subjective anecdotal stuff about feelings of lethargy and fatigue.   Of course,  one man's fatigue is another man's blissful relaxation.   

If I come across (ha!) any research,  will post here later.   Duty calls,  atm.  

20 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Why was this post neged?

It seems a reasonable explanation... 😉

It represents a possible  benefit to maturbating;not to "not masturbating " as per the OP.

If it was the latter then abstainers would need a gun license and perhaps need to carry warning signs of some description.

Was not me that neged (have never neged in my life unless by mistake on these small screens)

Edited by geordief

8 minutes ago, geordief said:

It represents a possible  benefit to maturbating;not to "not masturbating " as per the OP.

If it was the latter then abstainers would need a gun license and perhaps need to carry warning signs of some description.

Sorry, I was mid wank; what's all this talk about gun's?

Consequences for eyesight:

Now serious. I'm sure there are some benefits in not doing something (anything) for a while, and giving it a rest, even if it's a regular body function. Eg: fasting for some reasonable time, I'm sure, has some benefits and somehow replicates better the kind of scenario we evolved in. If you're having sex several times a day, or masturbating, or just being sexually aroused without relief, it may be detrimental for obvious reasons. None of these activities are good for you if you practice them excessively. It just makes sense. As Phi said:

On 6/10/2021 at 2:04 AM, Phi for All said:

Give that lateral epicondylitis a chance to heal.

:D 

This study found some relation between ejaculatory frequency and lowered rate of prostate cancer.   Given that it uses self-reported data (often the wobbly leg on the chair of medical research), take with a grain of salt... 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0302283816003778

LoL for the "clear cache" quip,  MacSwell.   Your forum moniker seems rather apt for this thread.   

• 3 weeks later...

Some benefit of masturbating is to avoid cheating and ease unsatisfied sexual needs, and so save a lot of unnecessary stress and lying, what otherwise would give a significantly negative impact to someones everyday family and work related performances.

This article pretty good sums the topic

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326518

Edited by Conscious Energy

16 minutes ago, Conscious Energy said:

Some benefit of masturbating is to avoid cheating and ease unsatisfied sexual needs, and so save a lot of unnecessary stress and lying, what otherwise would give a significantly negative impact to someones everyday family and work related performances.

Interesting. I've known a number of people who cheated, but I didn't realize they also didn't masturbate.