Winking..how?

Hi there, I am an expert winker.. I wink all the time, I'm sure everyone else can too and take it for granted, but my girlfriend can't do it!! She asks me to teach her how and I am stumped as to how I would do that. I have looked all over the net for info but can't find anything. Anyone out there with some theories, instructions, plans?

Try this...

Tell her to close both eyes then hold her hand over one eye so she is holding it closed.

Get her to open her eyes whilst still holding one closed then ask her to take her hand away and see if she can keep that eye closed. That should be a start at least.

Or just ;)

• 8 months later...

why does everyone around here seem to demand evidence, is there something here i missed? I mean i always found evidence a bit overrated

Well for obvious reasons, we want to make sure that your post is not just your opinion (when you say fact <or> quote fact(s)), but a fact, by using references, you can prove it.

I`m more than sure that she CAN wink, most people do involuntarily when they get a sudden irritation usualy from a forieghn object in their eye, the instint is to close the affected eye instantly but keep the other open in cases of need (driving for instance).

the same applies to alsorts of more perculiar traits that others find quite natural, I can raise one eyebrow, but only on the left side! for love nor money can I do it on the right hand side :)

I can`t wiggle my ears either, it does take training and muscle group memory (and much patients!) for most of us unable, but some seem to have a particular "Gift" in that way :)

on a side note, EVIDENCE is the crux of all learning!

<opinion> thats rich coming from you Mr Sayonara cubed, i've seen your type before, and believe me i am not impressed one bit. </opinion>

I really doubt that you have, and I couldn't care less what half-cocked opinion a walking crap sprinkler has managed to scrape together based upon the (at best) poor evidence that is my SFN persona.

As for your other questions, you will find a link to the forum leaders page on the forum index. There is an icon on each post for reporting to moderators.

and somewhat back on topic...

there was a time when i couldn't do any of these things:

wink

lift my left eyebrow without lifting the right

alternate lifting of eyebrows quickly

the vulcan "live long and prosper" sign

lift my ears (i can't wiggle them though)

how did i learn? i saw someone else do it and wanted to raise to their level of control of certain muscles.

i also got a friend to learn how to do the vulcan sign by teasing him about it :cool:

basically, try to get her to keep trying to do it. she'll probably start out by winking one eye and wincing the other. this will slowly change into a real wink.

i recommend teasing her about it to give her that little extra motivation ;)

any time you tease her she'll probably try to do it, and will get closer every time.

however, if she accepts the fact that she can't wink and thinks that she'll never be able to wink, she will have no motivation to learn. stay away from that :P.

I can wink with my left, but when I try with my right, my left ends up half closed. 'Spose I just haven't distinguished the muscles yet.

I can wink both eyes, but it's easier for me to wink my left eye. I wonder if being left-handed has something to do with it.

Good point! that may explain why I can raise my left eyebrow naturaly but the right one takes much practice, and can wink in both eyes, not being biased right or left handed (equimanual we call it) :))

I wonder if fluent in lies is an "expert WiNKER" {typo}

Lol even more.

He told me in a PM that he believes 'God, our Lord and Creator, oversaw the creation, but, in spite of his omniscience, missed people like you because you were so freakish He couldn't believe that you could be an effect of which He was the cause.'

I`m more than sure that she CAN wink' date=' most people do involuntarily when they get a sudden irritation usualy from a forieghn object in their eye, the instint is to close the affected eye instantly but keep the other open in cases of need (driving for instance).

the same applies to alsorts of more perculiar traits that others find quite natural, I can raise one eyebrow, but only on the left side! for love nor money can I do it on the right hand side :)

I can`t wiggle my ears either, it does take training and muscle group memory (and much patients!) for most of us unable, but some seem to have a particular "Gift" in that way :)

on a side note, EVIDENCE is the crux of all learning![/quote']

YT2095, can u roll ur tongue?

this kinda stuff depends on your genes, as i was told by a teacher once, if you have it in you then your lucky, if not then you can only wish u had it in you!!! :P