Winking..how?

Some things like tongue rolling seem genetic related but most can be accomplished with physical discipline. People with a lot of time on their hands like Yogis in India can alter their heart rate. pass cloth from in one nostril and out the other, and sit in a bowl of water and suck it up with their butt.

It seems with enough discipline the autonomic reflexes can be controlled by mentally overiding them.

She sounds like she has absolutely no discipline over her bodies reactions, not that that is a bad thing. :P

Just aman

Get back on topic guys, jeeze.

Pardon?!

What makes you think it`s NOT rellated?

I think it is indeed rellated, and if I or any other MOD felt it wasn`t, we would correct it! of that you may be sure!

Some things like tongue rolling seem genetic related but most can be accomplished with physical discipline. People with a lot of time on their hands like Yogis in India can alter their heart rate. pass cloth from in one nostril and out the other, and sit in a bowl of water and suck it up with their butt.

WHOA! ROFL!

Isn't this self-regulation caused by you finding what muscles to stimulate? I thought for things like, when I bend my little finger, several others do too, it's because I'm stimulating those muscles too. I just haven't distinguished them from my little finger muscles yet.

Another thing related to winking... what causes eyelids to twitch?

• 5 months later...

im exactly the same as YT, i can raise left eyebrow, not right and wink with both eyes, it is to do with the muscles and how they have developed... it is slightly genes as well, although you can teach yourself to do it.

firstly you get used to what it feels like, by moving it with your hand, then after a while you can begin to do it a tiny bit. it takes a while.

• 2 weeks later...