Cryogenetic Freezing

geordief

Have there been any good novels based on people's experience when they are woken up in the future  after being frozen in one of the Freezer banks  in the 21st century?

Imagine the (horrifying") setting

It is 2420  and  they have reached a cure for the disease that prompted you to go down this route in 2020.

Gradually they wake you up from the coma ,all the while treating  your illness and then you are awake.

What would be the first thing you would see?

Would your new doctors bear any resemblance to the last people you saw before going under?

What would be their attitude to you? A guinea pig ? A freak show?  A source of funds /entertainment?

Would they go public at first? How did they find you ?

Have there been any novels written along these lines?

Seems to me a bit like the film  Alien but not as sexy.

3 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

I don't know how good they are, but there are lots of them.

Here is Star Treks take.

Which episode is it? That trailer doesn't seem to me  to cover the subject matter of body freezing...

"Star Trek The Next Generation: Conspiracy" doesn't look  the right one to me.

But you say it is a fairly common theme? They deal with the danger of being a fish out of water in that context?

6 hours ago, geordief said:

Which episode is it? That trailer doesn't seem to me  to cover the subject matter of body freezing...

That's weird, when I click the link it takes me to the imdb site for the episode titled "The Neutral Zone"

The one line description is:  "While assigned to investigate missing outposts in the Neutral Zone, the Enterprise revives three cryogenically frozen people found aboard a wayward derelict Earth vessel."

Edited by Bufofrog

33 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

That's weird, when I click the link it takes me to the imdb site for the episode titled "The Neutral Zone"

The one line description is:  "While assigned to investigate missing outposts in the Neutral Zone, the Enterprise revives three cryogenically frozen people found aboard a wayward derelict Earth vessel."

Ah yes,The Neutral Zone.Yes it does tackle the subject.