Non-white people trying to be or act "white"

Alex Mercer

6 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Knowledge is only understood when we exceed our teacher's; they don't just give you a doctorate.... 

mm,well.

I think I am contemporary one regarding the issue you mention. 

I do not rely on the degrees we / you / anyone obtain. I prefer to check personal characters instead. 

Some unclear but important clue of results say that US will collapse in next 20-50 years. (Do not please ask the details ,I can remove this a piece of information)

2 minutes ago, ahmet said:

Some unclear but important clue of results say that US will collapse in next 20-50 years. (Do not please ask the details ,I can remove this a piece of information)

What makes you think that tomorrow will enlighten you?

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

What makes you think that tomorrow will enlighten you?

ahaha ... that is not as that difficult,in fact. (though, I know many blind people !)

simply:

do not think and feel the difference between you and (assuming you have white skin) and non - white people. 

try to minimize self ideas. 

be objective. 

etc :)

1 minute ago, ahmet said:

ahaha ... that is not as that difficult,in fact. (though, I know many blind people !)

simply:

do not think and feel the difference between you and (assuming you have white skin) and non - white people. 

try to minimize self ideas. 

be objective. 

etc :)

I'm glad you've learned a lesson... 😉

My thoughts on the OP ...

What does it mean, Alex, when you 'notice' the race ( for lack of a better word ), and the culture of people you congregate with, and feel the need to modify your behaviour to accomodate the circumstances ?
This is regardless of whether you modify your behaviour to accomodate them, or to accomodate yourself.

Maybe some day we can get away from even noticing the differences whic divide us into races, ethnicities, cultures and other such groups.

4 hours ago, MigL said:

Maybe some day we can get away from even noticing the differences whic divide us into races, ethnicities, cultures and other such groups.

And at the same time, plagiarise the best from different cultures. eg: cuisine [who doesn't like Chinese/Asian food, or Italian cuisine...or taking one's shoes/footwear off before entering a home [any home, even your own] an aspect of Fijian society I/we have adapted in my home. Probably much more European and/or Asian culture that has been adopted in more western countries.

19 hours ago, MigL said:

14 hours ago, beecee said:

And at the same time, plagiarise the best from different cultures. eg: cuisine [who doesn't like Chinese/Asian food, or Italian cuisine...or taking one's shoes/footwear off before entering a home [any home, even your own] an aspect of Fijian society I/we have adapted in my home. Probably much more European and/or Asian culture that has been adopted in more western countries.

Indeed, we just have to accept that our territory isn't threatened; and we only think that because we're taught to hate anything that might threaten tomorrow's comfort, rather than tomorrow's food/needs.

Edited by dimreepr

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, Bufofrog said:

It seems to me that some level of prejudice is actually something people are born with, however racism is a conscious decision to embrace and act on that unreasonable instinctual prejudice. 

+1. I also believe we're born not knowing instinctively what race we might be. We remain "open minded' until our other instincts kick in, and the more multi-racial integrated our community the less likely we are to become racist...all other thinks being equal...which of course they never are.