Static Equilibrium/Newton's Third Law

Nedcim

I have previously appealed to this forum's moderating staff who were involved in a thread which was closed, citing that I was not arguing in good faith. Nothing could further from the truth.

I'm going to prove that the moderating staff willfully ignored accepted science in favor of staff opinion.

This was the moderator's claim: "If equilibrium exists, is a matter of the second law. Not the third."

This claim was the basis of repeated variations used in a discussion against me. The claim fails. Newton's Third Law is  fundamental to static equilibrium. Here are two examples that acknowledge that fact:  

Here's a video by Dr. Hanson about static equilibrium and near the one minute mark he notes the fundamental connection between equilibrium and Newton's Third Law:

Here's an excerpt from '12e Engineering Mechanics' by Dr. Hibbeler which again shows Newton's Third Law is indeed fundamental to static equilibrium just as I had previously claimed:1793155812_Screenshot_20210514-0858082.png.21c2e3e214ecf5f68baa426a612693c6.png

!

Moderator Note

“The internet is a big place and I am going to find other people who misunderstand the third law in the way I misunderstand it”

(I’ve noticed engineers tend to be more likely to misunderstand it; saying "reaction force" when they mean "opposing force" and apparently thinking they are the same)

We went six pages on this, and I see no reason to indulge you with further discussion