Laser and circuit

fredreload

1 hour ago, swansont said:

They don’t emit electrons. The laser light is emitted by electrons that are being accelerated.

Thanks for the correction = =, I think I misread the Wikipedia description. Hmm, is there a laser that emits electron like an electron microscope? And is there any application for it?

1 hour ago, Ghideon said:

A free electron laser employs electrons as a gain medium. Photons are emitted, not electrons.

edit: x-post

I see, good call.

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

is there a laser that emits electron like an electron microscope?

As far as I know a laser is a device that emits light.

Maybe you are looking for electron emitter such as those used in cathode ray tubes?

On 5/18/2021 at 2:46 AM, Ghideon said:

As far as I know a laser is a device that emits light.

Maybe you are looking for electron emitter such as those used in cathode ray tubes?

Hmm, does the laser causes the electrons to flow along the light since it is an electromagnetic wave?

10 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Hmm, does the laser causes the electrons to flow along the light since it is an electromagnetic wave?

What electrons? Free electrons in the air between the source and the target?

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Yes, electrons created from air plasma that would flow along the laser's path.

You went from “would they flow?” to “they will flow”

Pick one. If it’s the latter, you need to explain why.

14 minutes ago, swansont said:

You went from “would they flow?” to “they will flow”

Pick one. If it’s the latter, you need to explain why.

An electromagnetic wave encompass both an electric field and a magnetic field. Thereby pushing the electrons along the way. Also has to worry about wavelength because if it is too small it might not work.

Edited by fredreload

34 minutes ago, fredreload said:

An electromagnetic wave encompass both an electric field and a magnetic field. Thereby pushing the electrons along the way. Also has to worry about wavelength because if it is too small it might not work.

Are you Theorist?

36 minutes ago, fredreload said:

!

Moderator Note

The electric and magnetic fields are transverse to the direction of the light’s path.

I’m not inclined for you to make another half-assed guess. This doesn’t meet the standard for rigor of speculations. We’re done here