Evolutionary origins of the feelings and emotions

1 hour ago, Bond777 said:

Why feelings and emotions are better for survival (if they are) than instincts (like in lower animals)?

If not, then how the Darvinists explain evolution from instincts to emotions? If advanced A. I. will be developed someday, will it need the feelings for survival and self-protection necessarily?

Edited by Phi for All
fixed quote box

58 minutes ago, Bond777 said:

If not, then how the Darvinists explain evolution from instincts to emotions? 

What are the differences? Don't you think human emotion has something to do with increased intelligence? It's often argued that instincts would only hamper a really smart person.

7 hours ago, Bond777 said:

If not, then how the Darvinists explain evolution from instincts to emotions? If advanced A. I. will be developed someday, will it need the feelings for survival and self-protection necessarily?

Are you saying humans have no instincts? Does someone teach a baby how to suckle?

And please don't call people Darwinists. It is a pejorative term used by people to belittle those who accept Evolution.

8 minutes ago, zapatos said:

And please don't call people Darwinists. It is a pejorative term used by people to belittle those who accept Evolution.

I dunno. I kinda appreciate being able to so easily tell when I’m interacting with a deluded paste eater who STILL after all these decades continues rejecting the absurdly obvious truth of evolution by natural selection. It keeps things more authentic and efficient that way. 

1 minute ago, iNow said:

I dunno. I kinda appreciate being able to so easily tell when I’m interacting with a deluded paste eater who STILL after all these decades continues rejecting the absurdly obvious truth of evolution by natural selection. It keeps things more authentic and efficient that way. 

Hmm. Good point. It really does a good job of identifying them even though they are using the term to identify us. +1 😀

My question was rather a philosophical one. The feelings and emotions are about subjective experience. But is subjective experience really necessary for a creature to react to surrounding environment in order to survive in it? 

16 hours ago, Bond777 said:

!

Moderator Note

It's not either-or

You have posted an unsupported premise, made a false dichotomy, and the "Darvinist" (sic) comment has a hint of an agenda.

My question was rather a philosophical one. 

!

Moderator Note

This was posted in evolution. So, as this is a minor disaster as a science discussion, I'm locking it. You may repost a question in philosophy, but do better with the framing