Interstellar energy source (split from Wormholes & Flying saucers)

Maxim Bronevsky

On 12/8/2020 at 12:58 AM, BongBOng said:

But how can this ships harvest free energy around them, what kind of engine is that?

Since I am a Russian ufologist and at the same time a physicist, I can explain a little on this issue. From the stories of those people who were taken to UFOs and told about their propulsion drives and power devices. From their stories follows the following:

Aliens get their energy from ionized radiation in outer space, that is, from cosmic radiation. UFOs are equipped with special devices that collect cosmic radiation and convert it into electricity. Something similar to our solar panels on Earth, only they collect ionizing radiation. 

After that, they either charge their batteries or direct electricity to the ship's propulsion system for moving in space.  😉

Edited by Maxim Bronevsky

14 minutes ago, Maxim Bronevsky said:

Aliens get their energy from ionized radiation in outer space, that is, from cosmic radiation.

Can you show a calculation showing how much energy would be a available?

On 5/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, swansont said:

Can you show a calculation showing how much energy would be a available?

I talked to contactees who visited UFOs, but unfortunately they didn't say such exact data. I mean calculations and formulas. They were told the principle of obtaining energy in outer space. 

8 hours ago, Maxim Bronevsky said:

I talked to contactees who visited UFOs, but unfortunately they didn't say such exact data. I mean calculations and formulas. They were told the principle of obtaining energy in outer space. 

And you credulously passed it along instead of doing a quick physics analysis.

The flux of cosmic rays at 1 GeV is ~10^4  per m^2 per second, so for a ship with an area of 100 m^2 you're at 10^15 eV/s, or ~100 microwatts from these cosmic rays. (The peak is at around 0.3 GeV)

We need to account for all energies, though so we can look at the energy density of ~1 eV/cm^3 and assume everything moves near c, which gives us 3 x 10^10 eV/cm^2s or 3 x 10^14  eV/m^2s, so the ship gets  3 x 10^16  eV/s

That's two whole milliwatts of power

Somehow I think you aren't going gallivanting around the cosmos on a power budget of less than a Watt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ray