What type of scientist creates anti-venoms?

On 5/3/2021 at 10:30 PM, mathematic said:

Why is the name of a particular specialty important?  I presume venomology is narrower than toxicology.   Try Google.

Because I'm writing a story, and I had the lead character develop anti-venoms, and I wanted to get the actual title correct. I listed him as a toxicologist

Edited by chrismackey1972

1 hour ago, chrismackey1972 said:

Because I'm writing a story, and I had the lead character develop anti-venoms, and I wanted to get the actual title correct. I listed him as a toxicologist

I wasn't sure venomologist was even a valid word. (Apparently it is.*) I think toxicologist is more reader-friendly. You can have his backstory one in which, having trained a a toxicologist, he narrows his field to focus on the production of anti-venoms.

*I was curious as to how common the word was and found a mere 111 hits for venomologist on google.scholar. One of more of them might be of use to you.

7 minutes ago, Area54 said:

I wasn't sure venomologist was even a valid word. (Apparently it is.*) I think toxicologist is more reader-friendly. You can have his backstory one in which, having trained a a toxicologist, he narrows his field to focus on the production of anti-venoms.

*I was curious as to how common the word was and found a mere 111 hits for venomologist on google.scholar. One of more of them might be of use to you.

Thanks very much, Area 54, I really appreciate it :)