Quantum energy teleportation

Bond777

20 minutes ago, Bond777 said:

It depends on De Broglie wavelength, which could be quite large in radio waves.

Erm... EM waves have no De Broglie wavelength.

Their EM wavelength would not make much more than a few meters? There goes your teleportation. Tunneling is not teleportation.  It's about things getting past classically forbidden energy barriers.

And it has attenuation: the probability amplitude at the other side is much weaker than in the classically allowed region.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bond777 said:

Is there some explanation why non-locality is purely quantum phenomena and there could never be a classical analogy? For example, something related to EM waves?

EM waves (and other classical phenomena) are limited to c, making everything local. 

On 6/7/2021 at 3:35 AM, swansont said:

EM waves (and other classical phenomena) are limited to c, making everything local. 

In pure vacuum EM waves can travel indefinite distance. But they cannot tunnel between two remotely located points without attenuation and will spread to all the sides. Not only between two points like quantum entanglement does.

In the classical theory it doesn't make sense to talk about "this" EM entity (a piece of field) and "the other" (another piece of field). All EM fields coming from all the sources in the universe contribute to one value of the EM field at this or that point. Quantum fields, on the contrary, allow for the possibility of several (curiously enough indistinguishable) quanta being tangled up with each other. And on top of that, everywhere in space. Quantum fields have this thing that you can count (a counting number). And entanglement occurs in this counting number. When EM fields are in the classical regime, there are so many quanta that this number becomes completely irrelevant and the field behaves like this entity that is built from all the EM fields coming from all sources in the universe. The classical field is roughly equivalent to the average number of photons in the quantum field.

As to so-called non-locality, it's not a matter of anything travelling anywhere at any speed; it's rather a matter of a 2-quanta state being more like "one thing with counting number two" than like "two things" so to speak; so that changes in one part of the whole system being reflected in the state of both. It's hard to say in words, and we need the maths really. This "both" is not one and the other, as they are indistinguishable. Throughout the years, whenever I have been pressed to explain, I've contrived my own way of saying it so people kinda come to terms with it --if not totally understand the same way we understand, e.g. a rock falling. Nobody does, and I for one don't. The way I say it is: "particles are instanciations of a field". And I've even borrowed the verb "instanciate", which I think programmers use on a daily basis. These instanciations are tangled up. You can't say which one is which. There is no "which". And nothing is travelling from one to the other, as there is no "one" and "the other". All quantum correlations are initial. They're there from the very preparation of the experiment.

2 hours ago, Bond777 said:

In pure vacuum EM waves can travel indefinite distance. But they cannot tunnel between two remotely located points without attenuation and will spread to all the sides. Not only between two points like quantum entanglement does.

I can’t tell if this is an attempt at agreement or an attempt at rebuttal.