Hello! I'm not a scientist, but have a bit of a quandary regarding materials that I'd like to see if I can get some help with (details inside)

Hi there science folks!

I'm just your general layman who dabbles in sci-fi, and I'm having a bit of an issue that I was hoping you all could help with! Mind you, what I'm about to go over sounds off-kilter at the very least, but if you could at least entertain this as a thought experiment, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

So I'm dealing with what I can only describe as a penetrating "disturbance" in my apartment. It travels up through the floor and causes different effects, from vibrating my legs, to causing me acute headaches, and other especially bizarre manners that leave me feeling molested. These occurrences only happen when I'm in my apartment, and due to covid along with my job, I spend most of my day in it, so being there is quite uncomfortable. I've successfully stopped this disturbance more than once, using both rubber mats, soundproofing material, and heavy metals such as steel, copper, and even lead rubber, but these only have given me brief respites, as each one eventually has failed. When the "disturbance" can't penetrate a material well, it emits a high pitched whine, which I've attempted recording with my phone, but can't seem to capture in audio. This whine will continue for a period, before finding a way through the material, or it will stop altogether for some time, before returning again in another format.

I don't know how to word this exactly, but I have more than good reason to suspect that this "disturbance" is controlled by a person, as my trouble with it began with a neighbor who lived above me. When I had people over, or when others were nearby, the "disturbance" would switch off, and when they were gone, it would switch on again. After several experiments of leaving my apartment (left the state, stayed in nearby hotel rooms, friends and family's homes, etc), I was able to determine that these events were linked to this person's presence, as when they were happening, I could hear him following me in my home from above, and when he was away, I felt nothing. After several attempts to deal with the situation peaceably, I moved out of my old apartment to this one. I thought about getting a restraining order, but because I was unable to demonstrate proof of what he was doing, I thought that I wouldn't get any satisfaction with that, plus I thought his objective was to get me to move, so I assumed that doing so would satisfy the situation.

Now, after several months of peace, the same situation has started again in my new apartment. Even though I subjected myself to medical testing, and a week long psychological evaluation to determine if there was something wrong with me (nothing was found in either case, and the psychologists I talked to gave me letters to allow me to break my lease, because they believed that something was going on at my apartment), I started to think that I was in fact going insane, but then I saw him. The same neighbor from before in my new building. While I've yet to confirm his exact whereabouts in the building, I know for a certainty that he did move from my old apartment building at some point after I left (3 months). I'm not sure how he found me, but I suspect that he lives below, as the same cycle is repeating itself, but the direction it's coming from has reversed.

What I know about the "disturbance", is that it is mobile and directional. Wherever I go in the apartment, it is able to easily follow. The only area that seems to frustrate it is my bathroom, particularly my bathtub as it has a solid porcelain wall that I can sit on and not be disturbed, and that's how I learned that dense material works against it. It emits a low, but high pitched whine when it's being used. I can hear it, but I don't have any audio recording equipment that can pick it up. It can alternate energy sources, as for some time I felt like I was being electrocuted, so began researching ways of detecting electricity and got an EMF reader, which went off several times while the "disturbance" was active in my bed, but currently I'm feeling similar things, and the detector isn't picking anything up now (couldn't get a recording of it, and again, it stopped for some time before it came back in this other form). It can be amplified, as in both apartments, I was able to stop it several times for several days, but as of yesterday, I heard hammering from below all day long, only to find that my metals were defeated today. It only affects me when I'm in the apartment, when I'm at work or elsewhere, nothing even remotely of the nature occurs.

I'm well aware that what I'm elaborating on sounds in the realm of insanity. I remember hearing semi-similar tales back when I discovered "gangstalking" when I was a kid, so I know how crazy the entirety of the situation sounds. Nevertheless, this is what's happening to me now, and I need to find a way to stop it. I'm not at all a rich person, but I don't even know where to start when it comes to acquiring proof, or what I can use to accurately defend myself against all this. Of course I could attempt to use the stalker angle, but I don't have a record with the police, and can't acquire proof that this person is doing anything to me, even though he's moved into the same building. If you all could help me determine what could potentially be the source of how this is created, even in hypothetical terms, what tools I could acquire to get proof of the situation, or even some materials that could stop its effects, I would be grateful beyond belief. 

Again, and I can't state this enough: I know how unrealistic this sounds. It sounds like a classic paranoid-schizophrenic delusion, and I don't fault anyone for not believing that this is all just in my head. Yet at that exact same time, know that I'm being honest with you all in spite of that. I'm willing to look like a loon with this story, because it is the absolute truth, and I need help to deal with it. I will render you with anything you need to validate my claims, but I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the court here, because my back is completely against the wall. I'm willing to potentially be judged as an incompetent, and get no help at all, because I'm that desperate to find relief from this situation. Consider it playing along with a child's fantasy, or making fun of someone who's being silly. Consider this anything you like that will enable you to think about this in a way that allows you to consider my claims, and put some thought to them. 

I apologize for such a long post, and for being somewhat misleading in the title, but I am being truly honest about what's happening to me. If you made it this far in reading, I thank you for doing so, and if this post isn't deleted, I will be back to answer any questions or requests you have of me. Again, thank you. 

9 hours ago, snapdragontyphoon said:

I apologize for such a long post, and for being somewhat misleading in the title, but I am being truly honest about what's happening to me. If you made it this far in reading, I thank you for doing so, and if this post isn't deleted, I will be back to answer any questions or requests you have of me. Again, thank you. 

OK so you have described how you see it (your problem) so no apology needed.

I don't know about you skills since although you say you are not a scientist you clearly have a reasonable measure of knowledge and understanding.

Your phone is probably not the ideal recording device, however.

You need a gadget or gadgets mechanically coupled to your floor or other parts of your apartmenet structure.

Such a device is called a seismometer or an accelerometer for higher frequencies.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=seismograph&sxsrf=ALeKk01_X_O2wDFnlkHwFbfzkOrsxMsN9A%3A1618773670675&source=hp&ei=poZ8YNTqJq6JlwSKvrywAw&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYHyUttRlHmbsMbU_OlZSqZM_jiiz5lU1&oq=seismograph&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgQIIxAnOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQgAELEDOgUILhCxAzoICC4QsQMQgwFQ2ApY-iBgtD1oAHAAeAGAAegKiAHaPZIBCzMtMS4wLjIuMy4zmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjU1fDswYjwAhWuxIUKHQofDzYQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Although these can be very expensive simpler ones can be bought cheaply or even made by an amateur. They are indeed made as projects in some schools.

This would give you an indication if there is something there and a permanent record of it as well.

Another possibility for a trial would be an old fashioned gramophone cartridge with its stylus resting on a hard surface fixed to the floor (eg a ceramic tile)  and connected to a data logger.

It all depends upon you skillset and purse.

Thank you for your reply studiot,

I am indeed not a scientist, so my skills in deciphering what's happening is extremely limited, but I appreciate your kindness in acknowledging what I've been able to suss out.

Would something like this be applicable to the situation:

https://www.amazon.com/WT901BLECL-Accelerometer-Acceleration-Low-Consumption-Compatible/dp/B07T2C97WN/ref=pd_sbs_11?pd_rd_w=OCv6S&pf_rd_p=98101395-b70f-4a52-af63-8fac2c513e02&pf_rd_r=8SRSR2YDVWXR9XC8JJKA&pd_rd_r=3de9e328-3090-4cf6-a1d8-94f42bebd29b&pd_rd_wg=oVik1&pd_rd_i=B07T2C97WN&psc=1

Again, I have to warn, I am not at all versed in the fields of science or engineering, so if this is what I need to use, I will need some help with reading it. 

Additionally, I have to mention a few more things about the situation:  1) Somehow this person is able to see me as well. As I mentioned before, when the EMF reader went off, the vibrations stopped immediately, and I also went to record the hammering that I'd heard from below, but each time I went for the phone, the hammering immediately stopped and didn't start again until well after I put the phone down. Furthermore, there have been several instances when the neighbor next door seems to be reacting to my activities, while these disturbances are occurring in real time. For example, the other day when I was feeling a strong vibration that was making a noise as well, I had frozen in place to determine what was happening, and the moment I did so I could hear him speak something like "yeah that's right". Another incident later, I was searching for more metal and recording devices, and he began to laugh very loudly each time I purchased something, the moment I did it. Most recently, when I was attempting to get away from the disturbance, not only was he laughing throughout, but I heard him say "don't you get it, it doesn't matter what you do, he's just going to-" and he trailed off from there. The timing and wording he uses, is far too close in time to be coincidental, so I have reason to believe that at the very least my phone and home computer are compromised. I'm not sure about any other means that could be used to see through walls and floors.  2) I have to reiterate, I'm not sure if this is all coming from the same source. It's possible that all of this could be modifications from one device, but it's also possible that there are several involved, so I might need additional help with determining what's happening.

If that accelerometer will work, I'll go ahead and purchase it, and will record my findings to report to you here. Also, forgive me for the delay in reply, but considering how closely monitored I seem to be in the apartment, I feel safer communicating outside of the home, so I'll continue replying when I'm able to get to another computer that isn't my own if you don't mind.

Thank you again.

On 4/18/2021 at 6:05 AM, snapdragontyphoon said:

Hi there science folks!

I'm just your general layman who dabbles in sci-fi, and I'm having a bit of an issue that I was hoping you all could help with! Mind you, what I'm about to go over sounds off-kilter at the very least, but if you could at least entertain this as a thought experiment, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

So I'm dealing with what I can only describe as a penetrating "disturbance" in my apartment. It travels up through the floor and causes different effects, from vibrating my legs, to causing me acute headaches, and other especially bizarre manners that leave me feeling molested. These occurrences only happen when I'm in my apartment, and due to covid along with my job, I spend most of my day in it, so being there is quite uncomfortable. I've successfully stopped this disturbance more than once, using both rubber mats, soundproofing material, and heavy metals such as steel, copper, and even lead rubber, but these only have given me brief respites, as each one eventually has failed. When the "disturbance" can't penetrate a material well, it emits a high pitched whine, which I've attempted recording with my phone, but can't seem to capture in audio. This whine will continue for a period, before finding a way through the material, or it will stop altogether for some time, before returning again in another format.

I don't know how to word this exactly, but I have more than good reason to suspect that this "disturbance" is controlled by a person, as my trouble with it began with a neighbor who lived above me. When I had people over, or when others were nearby, the "disturbance" would switch off, and when they were gone, it would switch on again. After several experiments of leaving my apartment (left the state, stayed in nearby hotel rooms, friends and family's homes, etc), I was able to determine that these events were linked to this person's presence, as when they were happening, I could hear him following me in my home from above, and when he was away, I felt nothing. After several attempts to deal with the situation peaceably, I moved out of my old apartment to this one. I thought about getting a restraining order, but because I was unable to demonstrate proof of what he was doing, I thought that I wouldn't get any satisfaction with that, plus I thought his objective was to get me to move, so I assumed that doing so would satisfy the situation.

Now, after several months of peace, the same situation has started again in my new apartment. Even though I subjected myself to medical testing, and a week long psychological evaluation to determine if there was something wrong with me (nothing was found in either case, and the psychologists I talked to gave me letters to allow me to break my lease, because they believed that something was going on at my apartment), I started to think that I was in fact going insane, but then I saw him. The same neighbor from before in my new building. While I've yet to confirm his exact whereabouts in the building, I know for a certainty that he did move from my old apartment building at some point after I left (3 months). I'm not sure how he found me, but I suspect that he lives below, as the same cycle is repeating itself, but the direction it's coming from has reversed.

What I know about the "disturbance", is that it is mobile and directional. Wherever I go in the apartment, it is able to easily follow. The only area that seems to frustrate it is my bathroom, particularly my bathtub as it has a solid porcelain wall that I can sit on and not be disturbed, and that's how I learned that dense material works against it. It emits a low, but high pitched whine when it's being used. I can hear it, but I don't have any audio recording equipment that can pick it up. It can alternate energy sources, as for some time I felt like I was being electrocuted, so began researching ways of detecting electricity and got an EMF reader, which went off several times while the "disturbance" was active in my bed, but currently I'm feeling similar things, and the detector isn't picking anything up now (couldn't get a recording of it, and again, it stopped for some time before it came back in this other form). It can be amplified, as in both apartments, I was able to stop it several times for several days, but as of yesterday, I heard hammering from below all day long, only to find that my metals were defeated today. It only affects me when I'm in the apartment, when I'm at work or elsewhere, nothing even remotely of the nature occurs.

I'm well aware that what I'm elaborating on sounds in the realm of insanity. I remember hearing semi-similar tales back when I discovered "gangstalking" when I was a kid, so I know how crazy the entirety of the situation sounds. Nevertheless, this is what's happening to me now, and I need to find a way to stop it. I'm not at all a rich person, but I don't even know where to start when it comes to acquiring proof, or what I can use to accurately defend myself against all this. Of course I could attempt to use the stalker angle, but I don't have a record with the police, and can't acquire proof that this person is doing anything to me, even though he's moved into the same building. If you all could help me determine what could potentially be the source of how this is created, even in hypothetical terms, what tools I could acquire to get proof of the situation, or even some materials that could stop its effects, I would be grateful beyond belief. 

Again, and I can't state this enough: I know how unrealistic this sounds. It sounds like a classic paranoid-schizophrenic delusion, and I don't fault anyone for not believing that this is all just in my head. Yet at that exact same time, know that I'm being honest with you all in spite of that. I'm willing to look like a loon with this story, because it is the absolute truth, and I need help to deal with it. I will render you with anything you need to validate my claims, but I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the court here, because my back is completely against the wall. I'm willing to potentially be judged as an incompetent, and get no help at all, because I'm that desperate to find relief from this situation. Consider it playing along with a child's fantasy, or making fun of someone who's being silly. Consider this anything you like that will enable you to think about this in a way that allows you to consider my claims, and put some thought to them. 

If it is a magnetic field, three walls of steel with spaces in between will stop it or a junkyard magnet. 
Sounds and strange effects transmit in a magnetic field in an almost eerie way. If the field is around part or all of you, a small static discharge can affect nerves and muscles in your body involuntarily. The three walls of steel should be earth grounded to ensure they are not used as a transmitter. 

If you think it is sound, you want what they call rub in the trade or small cell foam Trade-make Armor Flex, sheet. It absorbs sound in a comical way when you are in its vicinity. It reminds me of the cone of silence on the old Get Smart series. It is light and used in critical HVAC systems that cannot transmit sound through the ductwork. You have to stand near a piece and talk to believe it; it is funny. It is also a fantastic insulator. It is small closed-cell sulfur cured carbon rubber foam. 

21 hours ago, Bill McC said:

If it is a magnetic field, three walls of steel with spaces in between will stop it or a junkyard magnet. 
Sounds and strange effects transmit in a magnetic field in an almost eerie way. If the field is around part or all of you, a small static discharge can affect nerves and muscles in your body involuntarily. The three walls of steel should be earth grounded to ensure they are not used as a transmitter. 

If you think it is sound, you want what they call rub in the trade or small cell foam Trade-make Armor Flex, sheet. It absorbs sound in a comical way when you are in its vicinity. It reminds me of the cone of silence on the old Get Smart series. It is light and used in critical HVAC systems that cannot transmit sound through the ductwork. You have to stand near a piece and talk to believe it; it is funny. It is also a fantastic insulator. It is small closed-cell sulfur cured carbon rubber foam. 

Thank you for the information, I actually noticed that dense metals seemed to work best, so I've been acquiring steel plates. The problem is that these disturbances are aimed at me in particular when I sleep, as it seems the purpose is to keep me awake, and while I've devised different ways of layering material to stop the disturbance, I can't seem to put an end to it totally. I've noticed that cardboard boxes seem to eliminate it, but I can't stand in a box all day, so I was thinking of building something like an enclosure with the boxes around my bed. I've been sleeping on my couch as of late because the higher elevation seems to frustrate the process, but even with layering beneath it, I can't seem to eliminate it. If you know of a method of layering my steel, I'd be grateful for the assistance. 

I'm going to take your advice and test the sound theory, I will report back here with my findings, thank you again.

On 4/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, studiot said:

OK so you have described how you see it (your problem) so no apology needed.

I don't know about you skills since although you say you are not a scientist you clearly have a reasonable measure of knowledge and understanding.

Your phone is probably not the ideal recording device, however.

You need a gadget or gadgets mechanically coupled to your floor or other parts of your apartmenet structure.

Such a device is called a seismometer or an accelerometer for higher frequencies.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=seismograph&sxsrf=ALeKk01_X_O2wDFnlkHwFbfzkOrsxMsN9A%3A1618773670675&source=hp&ei=poZ8YNTqJq6JlwSKvrywAw&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYHyUttRlHmbsMbU_OlZSqZM_jiiz5lU1&oq=seismograph&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgQIIxAnOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQgAELEDOgUILhCxAzoICC4QsQMQgwFQ2ApY-iBgtD1oAHAAeAGAAegKiAHaPZIBCzMtMS4wLjIuMy4zmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjU1fDswYjwAhWuxIUKHQofDzYQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Although these can be very expensive simpler ones can be bought cheaply or even made by an amateur. They are indeed made as projects in some schools.

This would give you an indication if there is something there and a permanent record of it as well.

Another possibility for a trial would be an old fashioned gramophone cartridge with its stylus resting on a hard surface fixed to the floor (eg a ceramic tile)  and connected to a data logger.

It all depends upon you skillset and purse.

I've purchased a seismometer and accelerometer, both of which will be arriving today. I think that I can manage the seismometer, as the vibrations that this device brings are quite strong, even if they don't move water. I think that the accelerometer might be a bit tricky to get working since my phone is so old, but I will attempt to use it. Ultimately though, I'm unsure what I should do with my findings for this, as I'm not sure who to turn to about the situation. Though I could tell my landlord, I'm almost certain that they would stay out of the situation for legal reasons, so what would be the next step? There are a few things that I've been researching that could be the device being used here, though whatever version would have to be amplified a great deal to do what it's been doing to me:

https://hackaday.com/2019/02/14/creating-coherent-sound-beams-easily/

https://hackaday.com/2020/04/30/ultrasonic-sound-gun-precisely-aims-your-music/

There was another which described a device that could pass through materials, and vibrate a target specifically, but I wasn't able to pull it up in my history, and my bookmarks don't seem to contain it, along with several other items of interest. I will attempt to record what's going on in my apartment with the equipment, but fair warning, the only recording device I have is my phone right now, so until I can get otherwise, I may or may not be able to record what's happening exactly. Regardless, thank you for the suggestion, and I'll move forward with using these devices.

Update: The layering of steel plates was a success. 

While it wasn't able to maintain completely, I only had one to use, and it, coupled with another small layer of copper that I had, kept me safe long enough to sleep without trouble. It failed earlier tonight, but I was able to see that the range of the disturbance only extends so far from the floor. It doesn't seem to be able to reach higher than 3 or so feet off the ground.  I didn't get the accelerometer today, but I did get the seismometer, but couldn't use it due to the fact that I lacked a pencil. I'm slated to receive the last meter and additional plates later today, so I'll attempt to record whatever data I'm able once I get them. 

Update: The disturbance must be magnetic in nature.

I received the Armor Flex today, and while it assisted what the steel plates had already started, there was no noise from the projection, only vibration through the material. Due to what I assume is my ineptitude at purchasing equipment, I wasn't able to get the seismograph to record any vibrations, nor was I able to even get the accelerometer to work. I think that my current budget won't afford me the proper equipment that I will need to record anything happening, but I will try to find other methods if they are available.

Unfortunately, even though all this layering was able to stop what had been being used, there is yet another format of disturbance that I hadn't felt till today, which seems to be able to permeate the layers that have been created so far. I'm not sure how it works at all, but I did test a few things while it was being used. Like the others, it seems to be frustrated by stone tile. When I went to the bathroom to get ready for work, I could feel it vibrating the floor, but it didn't affect me at all. It could be electricity based. I used a cardboard box to see if it would disperse the vibration, but when I stood on it, I felt tingling similar to shocks. Like the others, it can be focused to high or low intensity. I used a gym/yoga mat to see if it would be frustrated (folded, sat upon), to which I did find it worked against it somewhat, but while I was using it, I could feel the vibrations beneath it increase. I should add that I'm not totally sure that it could be electric based, as I do have a rubber mat in the midst of the layers, and whatever this is seems to go through it. The only reason I say it could possibly be, is the fact that I felt something like electric current when I stood on the cardboard.

Whatever this particular device, or perhaps setting of the old one, is particularly debilitating as it saps the energy in my body, making me feel very weak when I'm caught in it. Getting away from it, my body feels normal again for the most part, but it leaves my head feeling particularly hurt, as I currently have a throbbing headache, ringing ears, and double vision, and something akin to vertigo. This is apparently sustained, as I'm nearly 4 hours out from the experience. I'm not at all sure what could cause this, but I think the reason why its being deployed right now, is the fact that all of the other routes of disturbance have been taken away. I was able to sit and sleep without issue after I got the Armor Flex, so the only other route open would be this.

I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point, so I'm very much open to suggestion. If any of you can help me, please let me know.

Have you talked to a health professional about this?  As you stated this seems fantastical.  There could be any number of reasons for you to misinterpreting what is going on.  I highly recommend that you consult with your doctor.  Maybe you are experiencing a prescription drug side effect or having an allergic reaction to something.  Good luck.

23 hours ago, snapdragontyphoon said:

Update: The disturbance must be magnetic in nature.

I received the Armor Flex today, and while it assisted what the steel plates had already started, there was no noise from the projection, only vibration through the material. Due to what I assume is my ineptitude at purchasing equipment, I wasn't able to get the seismograph to record any vibrations, nor was I able to even get the accelerometer to work. I think that my current budget won't afford me the proper equipment that I will need to record anything happening, but I will try to find other methods if they are available.

Unfortunately, even though all this layering was able to stop what had been being used, there is yet another format of disturbance that I hadn't felt till today, which seems to be able to permeate the layers that have been created so far. I'm not sure how it works at all, but I did test a few things while it was being used. Like the others, it seems to be frustrated by stone tile. When I went to the bathroom to get ready for work, I could feel it vibrating the floor, but it didn't affect me at all. It could be electricity based. I used a cardboard box to see if it would disperse the vibration, but when I stood on it, I felt tingling similar to shocks. Like the others, it can be focused to high or low intensity. I used a gym/yoga mat to see if it would be frustrated (folded, sat upon), to which I did find it worked against it somewhat, but while I was using it, I could feel the vibrations beneath it increase. I should add that I'm not totally sure that it could be electric based, as I do have a rubber mat in the midst of the layers, and whatever this is seems to go through it. The only reason I say it could possibly be, is the fact that I felt something like electric current when I stood on the cardboard.

Whatever this particular device, or perhaps setting of the old one, is particularly debilitating as it saps the energy in my body, making me feel very weak when I'm caught in it. Getting away from it, my body feels normal again for the most part, but it leaves my head feeling particularly hurt, as I currently have a throbbing headache, ringing ears, and double vision, and something akin to vertigo. This is apparently sustained, as I'm nearly 4 hours out from the experience. I'm not at all sure what could cause this, but I think the reason why its being deployed right now, is the fact that all of the other routes of disturbance have been taken away. I was able to sit and sleep without issue after I got the Armor Flex, so the only other route open would be this.

I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point, so I'm very much open to suggestion. If any of you can help me, please let me know.

Did you earth ground the plates?

18 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

Have you talked to a health professional about this?  As you stated this seems fantastical.  There could be any number of reasons for you to misinterpreting what is going on.  I highly recommend that you consult with your doctor.  Maybe you are experiencing a prescription drug side effect or having an allergic reaction to something.  Good luck.

I have,

As I stated in my initial post, I've been to psychologists and doctors. Doctors can't find anything wrong with me, and psychologists say that I don't exhibit any mood disorders or otherwise. I might have been a bit more vulnerable when I was writing last night, as what I was explaining was affecting me heavily, so that probably casts me in a bad light. At the same time, what I'm purporting here is actually happening. The more I explain about the specifics I fear will only muddle the point, as I'm more coming here to look for solutions to both stopping these attacks, and finding a means of gathering evidence against the individual who is causing these attacks. I understand your concern though, as when all this started happening, I very much felt like it was impossible. How would someone be able to do something like this? Why would they be doing it to me? Am I simply losing my mind? These are all questions I asked myself, so I put myself to the test. 

How I know this is actually happening:

1) It only occurs when I'm in my living space, particularly when I'm trying to sleep. I took trips to other states, slept in local hotel rooms, went to relatives homes, and I even volunteered myself to a psychological evaluation. In each situation I sleep fine and feel nothing. 

2) These experiences are linked to one individual in particular. I know I said getting into specifics would muddle the point, but all of this started with one person who started living in my apartment building. I don't know why he chose start this campaign against me, but I moved out of the placed I'd lived for 13 years because of what was happening, into a place across town. This same individual is now in the same building that I moved to. It would be odd enough to merely run into him at the same place, but I've seen him twice now, entering and exiting the building, and I am now experiencing the same things that I was at the other apartment building and more.

3) I have others who can corroborate what I was experiencing. I told my brother and one of my friends about the situation, and the both of them experienced what I had experienced, in one or more ways. 

4) I've been testing ways to stop what's happening. The suggestions I've had here so far have been very helpful, as there's a large difference in how I've been experiencing the situation play out. I'm not sure if I would make any progress towards stopping these experiences, if there weren't something actually happening. 

I realize that people can get lost in their own minds about medical issues or mental illness, and sanity is always something that's hard to prove once you start questioning it, but I've just been trying to be as honest as I can with what I've been going through with myself. Sometimes when I'm away from the apartment, I try to summon up the same feelings and experiences that I get when I'm there, and I am completely unsuccessful each and every time. I've also been away for prolonged periods, just to see if the same thing would happen, and I've yet to have the same experience anywhere else. 

This former, and current neighbor seems to be the one constant in the situation. He moved into my old place and these things started happening the first time. Now he's moved into the same building as me, at the same time that I moved out of the old one I might add. Maybe it is sheer coincidence, but I'm inclined to think otherwise. What I do know is that the situation he's created by doing all of this is meant to make me sound like I'm insane, simply because the who, why, and how don't at all match up. It isn't rational that someone would behave like this, let alone waste money, time and effort. How I rationalize it, is looking at serial killers. As a society we've been able to unravel them over time, but they too were initially a mystery. I think that this person is probably something of the ilk, but in a different way. Having looked into this, there seem to be other people who have been experiencing what I am, in the exact same manner that I am, but they're dismissed because there are some who actually are mentally unstable, and believe that they are being attacked by the government, aliens, and supernatural beings. I happen to not believe in those things, and thankfully can think clearly enough to suss out what's common to what's happening to me. 

It's likely that nothing I've said here will change your mind about what I'm going through, but I thought I would at least give you an honest answer. I never thought that anything like this would happen to me, where I would have to buy metal plates, or learn how to build an electromagnet just to be able to go to sleep. I remember watching videos from people talking about this kind of stuff with my friends when we were younger, and trying to figure out just how people could come up with such imaginative experiences to convey. Yet here I am. Experiencing this crazy making experience. I anticipate in the near future, someone like the person I'm dealing with will be caught, and then the public at large will know how these people are doing what they are, but for now I have to sound "fantastical", because I genuinely need assistance in dealing with what is happening. 

Here's the good news though: you don't have to believe in my sanity to assist. As I stated in my initial post, just take this all as a thought experiment, and see it as something like a game to participate in if it makes you feel better to do that. I appreciate the concern regardless.

40 minutes ago, Bill McC said:

Did you earth ground the plates?

I did not, 

I honestly didn't know that was a thing until I read your message here 😅 How do I earth ground the plates? I only have two of them so far anyway, waiting to buy the third with my next paycheck, but I'm in an apartment building on the 4th floor. Do I need to buy more materials to be able to earth ground them? 

Just to explain how they're set up now, I bought these items to separate the plates:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IU6WT5O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016J2N1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the plates:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888SKK8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YWBQ2L4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The larger steel plate is sitting on top of the rubber mat directly, and I have the other steel plate above it, with the pads separating the two. Should I position them differently?

Also, forgive me, but I have no idea how I can build a junkyard magnet 😅 What I was planning on doing was buying a car battery and this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172144511205?hash=item28149cc8e5:g:sdYAAOSwB-1YpfwY

Would that be something that I could use to stop this phenomena?

Update: While I wasn't able to get the seismometer or accelerometer that I ordered to work, I found an app that seemed to be able to use my phone in a way that was applicable to similar functions. Despite this, I need some help in deciphering what's been recorded, as I don't know what's considered baseline in the way of magnetism or sound.

I wasn't able to record any data from the accelerometer, but I was able to get some from its magnetometer and something called a tone detector, but I don't know if any of these readings are significant, as far as revealing that something is abnormal in my apartment. I also realize that just showing these isn't significant as far as evidence goes, but I am working on creating a setup in my apartment that will be able to show as much in real time. Everything in these files was recorded directly from my apartment, with the windows closed, no music or television on in order to ensure that the recordings weren't interfered with.

The first two are readings from the tone detector, read in Hz, while the other two are from the magnetometer which I don't know how to read at all, so I'm not even sure of the measurements. If anyone could let me know how to interpret these recordings, or just let me know whether they are normal for an apartment, I would greatly appreciate it.

2021-04-2900.04.07.csv 2021-04-2823.06.37.csv 2021-04-2912.45.05.csv 2021-05-0121.41.35.csv

On 4/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, Bufofrog said:

Agree. The hearing of these sounds, and the rather improbable persecution scenario, put me in mind of schizophrenia. 

18 hours ago, exchemist said:

Agree. The hearing of these sounds, and the rather improbable persecution scenario, put me in mind of schizophrenia. 

I don't know how many times I have to go over the fact that I've been evaluated several times now, and not one of the mental health professionals were able to determine that I was genuinely mentally ill. I shouldn't have attempted to explain myself in the first place, but felt like it was necessary to bring some relative clarity to what I've been dealing with, in order to dispel this pall of mental instability. The only thing I am is poor. I have no money to pursue any other route of investigation, outside of speaking with people via the internet, and without money, I can't get anything done about what's going on, on my own.

As I said several times now: you're more than welcome to disbelieve me, all that I'm looking for are answers to questions that I have. 

Somewhat respectfully - Rather than derailing the conversation with these assertions of my mental stability, what would be more helpful, and to the point of this thread, would be to actually speak to the questions that I'm asking.