SpaceX

Can Elon Musk get us to Mars by 2024?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Can Elon Musk get us to Mars by 2024?

• Yes!
    • Absolutely Not

At this point I'm just concerned about the immediate claims.

They seem a bit far fetched. I suppose that's OK as long as some progress is made but not at the integrity of the mission. If people get jaded because of tall tales that never turn into anything, then eventually it erodes public support.

22 minutes ago, DeepSeaBase said:

At this point I'm just concerned about the immediate claims.

They seem a bit far fetched. I suppose that's OK as long as some progress is made but not at the integrity of the mission. If people get jaded because of tall tales that never turn into anything, then eventually it erodes public support.

Mars by 2024? I voted no. That doesn't mean that I believe all efforts should stop. I hope to Christ that they do succeed and sincerely wish them the best of luck, in that they are able to put boots on Mars and return them safely, with minimal risk.

1 hour ago, DeepSeaBase said:

We're not having this discussion until you admit that you can't have a $23Billion industry ($23Billion as in profit) unless you earn $5million profit from each seat you sell which works out to 4,600 tourists a year.

Again you are misrepresenting things. The article speaks of $23B in REVENUE, not profit.