Jump to content

How do you manage anger for what is happening to this world?


Recommended Posts

Being scientific people, I believe that most of us would probably have been frustrated about climate change, and all the things that are happening. My question is simple. How do you manage that anger? People tell me that this is something we can't control, or it is something "off topic".

WHAT ELSE IS THE TOPIC?

I just want to know if you also think that humans are afraid of building bigger things and taking bold steps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the anger you feel something that can be used to make the situation better? If so, then there’s no need for anger. Focus on making things better. If not, then your anger is only distracting you from finding those things that can help. 

Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Try exercise and meditation instead, or whatever brings you joy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starchaser137 said:

Being scientific people, I believe that most of us would probably have been frustrated about climate change, and all the things that are happening. My question is simple. How do you manage that anger? People tell me that this is something we can't control, or it is something "off topic".

WHAT ELSE IS THE TOPIC?

Emotions are great motivators, but many folks don't use them correctly, imo. They get passionate or angry or frustrated in a way that wastes the energy that could be used. It's like using a motor to spin a flat piece of metal. It just spins and does no work, but if you angle the metal so it resists the air you create a propeller, something that actually does some work.

So find something productive to achieve, and put all your anger and passion behind THAT. Don't just wave your hands.

2 hours ago, starchaser137 said:

I just want to know if you also think that humans are afraid of building bigger things and taking bold steps.

Be careful assigning behavior like this to all humans. We've prospered as a species partly by balancing our fears and our curiosities. Boldness isn't lessened one bit by lots of careful research and testing the waters. Without careful consideration, "bold" becomes "rash and foolhardy".

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, iNow said:

Is the anger you feel something that can be used to make the situation better? If so, then there’s no need for anger. Focus on making things better. If not, then your anger is only distracting you from finding those things that can help. 

Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Try exercise and meditation instead, or whatever brings you joy. 

Nice post +1 

Change what you can, enjoy what you can't...

15 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Emotions are great motivators

And easily manipulated, when they're not understood... +1 BTW

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.