Covid overload

19 minutes ago, joigus said:

Let me get the full import of that... OK, special requires special. OK. (I'm a little obtuse, you know.) I don't know, but it just so happens that whenever you don't quote a paper, you sound pretty dumb.

So you're criticizing my prose rather than it's meaning? Seems pretty immature to me. Correct ideas need not be eloquent.

Yes, indeed, special cases often require special treatment.

23 minutes ago, joigus said:

That, if taken seriously, can put people's lives at risk. You've just crossed the line between being just dumb and being dumb and dangerous. Some people may even think that you know what you're talking about.

Vaccinating fatties and geezers will do the trick for the most part. Immunocompromised people are special cases who may or may not be best served by getting vaccinated right now. These are complicated matters.

21 minutes ago, beecee said:

That's a totally ignorant statement, more akin to the nonsense that the previous Idiot the US had for a President would babble on about.

Had my first Astro jab...had my flu shot...wife has had her first...Son completed both jabs as he is in the catagory of "front line workers"

... Is that supposed to be an argument? Your family was vaccinated, and therefore what I said is nonsense... what?

20 minutes ago, CharonY said:

And of course you are missing the point again. All evidence indicates that the available COVID-19 vaccines protect against both, disease as well as infection. I.e. it is not leaky.

The word you're looking for is transmission, not infection. You don't even understand the basics. 

1 minute ago, VenusPrincess said:

... Is that supposed to be an argument? Your family was vaccinated, and therefore what I said is nonsense... what?. 

Just adding information for the reputable members of this forum. My criticism of your stupid statement stands.

27 minutes ago, beecee said:

Worth noting that Australia and New Zealand have now opened up a "travel bubble" and are looking to extend that to other countries where the virus has been reasonably controlled. eg: Fiji, Tonga.

Singapore has also been mentioned for further extention of the "travel bubble"

35 minutes ago, Arete said:

It would seem that an assumption that COVID vaccines do not prevent transmission and therefore are only indicated for high risk individuals would be, at best, premature.  

Of course, and there are also comparisons between vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts that come to similar conclusions

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.11.21253275v1

Additional positive information is the reduction of shedding. There was also a paper from Israel showing reduction of viral load after vaccination which further supports the notion of reduced or prevention of transmission.