What is Immortality?

Are we digitally already Immortal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are we digitally already immortal?

31 minutes ago, Conscious Energy said:

What is Immortality?

To live forever.

31 minutes ago, Conscious Energy said:

When and How could we achive that?

Never.  

You can't.

32 minutes ago, Conscious Energy said:

No.

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Does the medium never degrade?

I agree. And even if the medium is in a state in which is stable it may be destroyed by accidents, failures, sabotage and other. 

3 hours ago, Conscious Energy said:

In my opinion, no.

Edited by Ghideon

12 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Is your power source eternal? Does the medium never degrade?

Energy can be transformed but can not disappear so in some sense the source of Energy is eternal. 

Space(Time), the medium Energy is existing in, will never degrade. 

Edited by Conscious Energy

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

That stretches the definition of both words into meaninglessness.

Could you elaborate which meaning you do not sense?

Space and time can not degrade. Can they?

How do you interpret otherwise the notion from the first law of thermodinamics that Energy can not disapear it can be transformed? That is true, so Energy will exist in different forms forever. Or?

Even it is a broad thought, since we speak about the whole Energy content of our Universe (within any photon, electron, wave...), I think it is perceivable.  

1 hour ago, Conscious Energy said:

Could you elaborate which meaning you do not sense?

You've expanded the scope of what "digitally immortal" means to you, so my questions about data storage media and a source of power are made moot. Apparently our current digital technology will be sustained forever by space and time and energy simply because you've applied some laws. I fail to see any benefits to this approach, but if it helps you make sense of the universe, I would be interested in hearing how. 

Digital information every electron has we might just not be able to account every single (1) of them.

Not because I applied some laws. The only goal can be to understand how is it working so I can not apply some laws. I can apply the laws align with what we (bio)Physically can preceive, observe, approve. The system seems to support the mathematically recognisable notion of nothing(0) and anything(1) and yes, I expanded a bit the envirnoment but I play within Space(Time), Energy, Matter and Information. What I see in our Relative Reality is that, we could maintain digital information received from any indivual basically forever, with a bit more advanced and safe digital environment, running on a safe hardware.