Will America EVER achieve immortality?

fredreload

Well, a few questions I am in concern of.

1. You guys do not know where the seat of consciousness is.(possibly in the caudate nucleus)

2. You guys do not know where to modify the consciousness frequency.(possibly in the midbrain region)

3. You guys do not know how to modify the memory.(optogenetics)

4. You guys do not know how to build an empty vessel.(progesterone)

5. You guys do not know how to keep an empty vessel.(animate the body with an AI).

And you guys are counting on a molecular transformer to do the job.

38 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You guys do not know where the seat of consciousness is

You have yet to adequately define “consciousness”

39 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You guys do not know where to modify the consciousness frequency.

You have yet to make this term make sense or have any meaning whatsoever 

40 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You guys do not know how to modify the memory

In fact, we do. Your personal incredulity is irrelevant. 

41 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You guys do not know how to build an empty vessel

Lol. You’d be funny if you weren’t so sad. 

42 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You guys do not know how to keep an empty vessel

Tell you what. Since you think it’s so easy, how about you show us all how. 

Will America EVER achieve immortality?

One of the most bizarre topics..

US can't even solve much more basic things like:

"Will America EVER ban guns?"..

If people hadn't been shooting at each other for ridiculous things, we'd have had SOME PROGRESS...

Police officers in a day, knowing they are being recorder are committing crimes.. WTF?! what do they do at night, when nobody is watching.. ?!

Edited by Sensei

My two cents:

What for? So that we can have Donald T**** still around 3000 years from now?

Einstein still working on the unification of EM and gravity?

The genius of Chaplin in a Tarantino movie?

Highly proficient old geezers taking up all the god jobs so that young people never get their hands on the task?

What about overpopulation?

5 hours ago, fredreload said:

1. You guys do not know [...]

Those aren't questions. They're assertions. None of them remotely related to immortality. Stem cells, telomerase, hello...?

And guess what types would be first in line to achieve immortality. A world full of moguls, fighting with each other for a piece of eternal time.

I don't think so.

6 hours ago, fredreload said:

1. You guys do not know where the seat of consciousness is.(possibly in the caudate nucleus)

2. You guys do not know where to modify the consciousness frequency.(possibly in the midbrain region)

3. You guys do not know how to modify the memory.(optogenetics)

4. You guys do not know how to build an empty vessel.(progesterone)

5. You guys do not know how to keep an empty vessel.(animate the body with an AI).

And you guys are counting on a molecular transformer to do the job.

!

Moderator Note

None of these are questions. What is it you want to discuss?

1 hour ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

None of these are questions. What is it you want to discuss?

The topic, when will it happen? I spent the vast majority of the time looking for an answer. And I have to say the only way for it to work is through swapping consciousness. OSKM was a promising gene therapy back in the time, but it has a chance of developing teratoma, since SALK did not continue the experiment it went for a pause in 2012. Since modifying the gene expression of all the cells in the body is no easy feat. You could replace the gene therapy by activating the Yamanaka Factors with the cell signaling molecules such as BMP4, nodal, activin, but it just seems really unsafe = =.

So since swapping consciousness is the only available option. I am not sure why the state keep the seat of consciousness a secret = =, as well as the use of progesterone to create an empty vessel. And since the dream group number 2(sorry if this is out of topic = =), consist of majority of Americans if not a somewhat counselor resemblance AI, I see a promise that these are the people that can get it to work. Japan has probably done it since it also has a dream group. As well as some other dream groups that have been visiting me in my dreams. To them, reprogramming the memory is as simple as flipping a palm.

The thing is, even the nature of the dream group is a secret to me. And as conservative as the state goes, keeping the information about the seat of consciousness and progesterone for human regeneration a secret. I am not sure how many people would get revived by the state. Sort of losing faith for that aspect = =. I kept saying the seat of consciousness is in the caudate nucleus, look how many answers I got? This clearly shows the majority of the civilians have been blind folded. Might as well count on Japan if you want to get revived.

P.S. I brought this up because I want to encourage you guys to embrace immortality. Help me help you. But I got defamed twice = =, if not 24 times. I am not sure why this forum is so negative about me = =.

Edited by fredreload

15 minutes ago, fredreload said:

The topic, when will it happen?

When will WHAT happen?

The title of this thread is "Will America EVER achieve immortality?" which really doesn't make sense because America is either a continent or a country, and immortality really applies to neither one.

The context of your post implies you are asking if humanity will ever achieve immortality; it's really short-sighted to think only one country would work on or achieve this.

I kept saying the seat of consciousness is in the caudate nucleus, look how many answers I got? This clearly shows the majority of the civilians have been blind folded. Might as well count on Japan if you want to get revived.

Appeal to conspiracy doesn't advance your argument

P.S. I brought this up because I want to encourage you guys to embrace immortality. Help me help you. But I got defamed twice = =, if not 24 times. I am not sure why this forum is so negative about me = =.

This is a science site and you insist on discussing science fiction, and seemingly have no interest in learning or discussing actual science. That might be a contributing factor.

1 hour ago, swansont said:

This is a science site and you insist on discussing science fiction, and seemingly have no interest in learning or discussing actual science. That might be a contributing factor.

Ionno, too many secrets. If I know the dream groups I would probably just ask them myself. Granted, I do not have any proof. If I am any smart I would trace back to see where they came from.

I thought you guys are interested in the topic of immortality since many of my topics are pop science, perhaps I will keep it to myself or put it on some other forum.

4 minutes ago, fredreload said:

I thought you guys are interested in the topic of immortality 

We're interested in any topic you can show evidential support for, that might be an actual, reasoned idea that can explain a phenomenon and make predictions. But nobody wants to read about you guessing and making things up. It's NEVER interesting until you can show it has some validity.

3 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

We're interested in any topic you can show evidential support for, that might be an actual, reasoned idea that can explain a phenomenon and make predictions. But nobody wants to read about you guessing and making things up. It's NEVER interesting until you can show it has some validity.

I am not making things up. You know people actually take the time to read hundreds of articles they can find on Google just to validate a point. Like the human regeneration thread you closed.

10 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You know people actually take the time to read hundreds of articles they can find on Google just to validate a point.

Many of them who discuss science on this very site actually take the time to cite such evidence. Why don't you?

10 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Like the human regeneration thread you closed.

If a thread is closed, it's because it was breaking the rules. Yours are usually closed because you stop looking for evidence and start asserting things you haven't established, something that effectively kills the conversation for everyone else.

22 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Many of them who discuss science on this very site actually take the time to cite such evidence. Why don't you?

If a thread is closed, it's because it was breaking the rules. Yours are usually closed because you stop looking for evidence and start asserting things you haven't established, something that effectively kills the conversation.

Many gets closed because I have to work on everything by myself with no backup.

P.S. My bad, I will stop being stubborn next time.

Edited by fredreload

1 hour ago, fredreload said:

Many gets closed because I have to work on everything by myself with no backup.

"Work on everything by myself" usually means you start leaping to conclusions like you're Leroy Jenkins. Your "backup" is left in the dust as they take a more rigorous approach.