Will humanity come back to cannibalism?

altaylar2000

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

Which makes YOU the predator. Heck of a logical corner you’ve just painted yourself into. Absurdity ensues...

I personally do not pretend, although I try whenever possible

But it is superpredator
Trivial image of Hero

15 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

Predator must be killed

Interesting.  Kill all the whales, dolphins and porpoises?  Kill all the tuna, bluefish and about 90% of all sea life since they are predators?  Kill all peguins?  Don't forget to wipe out those predatory sea turtles.

You really are an evil doer!  I'm glad you don't have any power to actually carry out your evil plans.  You plans are quite simply heinous and would destroy the earth as we know it!

1 hour ago, altaylar2000 said:

Killing a predator simply because it is killer of innocents

You do realise that animals that are hunted also hunt other animals. 

You kill a great white shark to save a fish, who then spends most of its time looking for other fish to eat.

There'll be nothing left but grass if we kill all the predators.

In regards to your question,

We can return to cannibalism now if you really want to. Lab grown meat, just use your own cells, nobody died so guilt free. Perfect 👌🏻 

Thinking more about your question, what about deep space travel? I don't think we'll outright eat them, maybe use them as compost instead, use fruit and veg to absorb nutrients.

No idea if this would work and it's petty gross but it would have to be an extreme situation to return to cannibalism and space is extreme.

Edited by Curious layman

3 hours ago, altaylar2000 said:

There is no difficulty for me. Predators and parasites(in animal world) are not conscious villains, but this is not a reason to equate them with the innocent. There is no such possibility to differentiate precisely conscious villainy, because anyone can be justified in this way, say the rapist is innocent, because nature created him that way. This is idle chatter

If I kill a Tiger am I evil? If a tiger kills you is it evil? If a tiger kills another predator... say a crocodile, which is evil? If i kill either or both to save you who is evil? 

Typically-prey animals are no saints. A male buffalo in heat will have no problem trampling to death a calf of his own species. Male herbivores sometimes kill each other when they're fighting for females. Many herbivores are highly territorial, and become very aggressive towards anything trespassing what they consider their territory. What's this nonsense about animal ethics? Let alone good (prey) vs evil (predators)...

Rodents are known to eat their young in times of environmental stress. Animals in the wild and under high pressure to survive cannot afford the least last protein to go to waste. Nature can turn a cuddly rabbit into a frenzied cannibal eating its own kind.

And back to OP.

Cannibalism has never been a common practice among modern humans, for all I know. When it's been practiced, it's been mainly due to famines, or to ritualistic behaviour in ancient societies. The picture of a human looking at another and thinking "mmmm yummy!" is a caricature of a much more elaborate, complex, and relatively rare phenomenon.

3 minutes ago, joigus said:

Typically-prey animals are no saints.

Or possibly this is not the case, if we consider the folly of imposing human morality standards on non-human species.

16 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

No, killing predators is good

Why?

4 minutes ago, swansont said:

Or possibly this is not the case, if we consider the folly of imposing human morality standards on non-human species.

the cannibals also reasoned about the victims like that

6 minutes ago, swansont said:

Why?

because it killer of innocent

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

How do you know? 

This well known, you need at least nerves to feel

1 minute ago, altaylar2000 said:

Gorillas are vegetarians, does that make them innocents?  

2 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

This well known, you need at least nerves to feel

It's widely assumed, but I don't see how you can show it to be true, maybe plants are the truly sentient beings and animals just assume that plants are not because they do not complain. 

Just now, Curious layman said:

Gorillas eat insects.

Accidentally? I think? Not sure... But Altaylar2000 eats them as well. 

26 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

You can try to fix them.

You are not answering some important questions here. 

Just now, Curious layman said:

Western lowland gorillas occasionally eat Termites and small insects.

Well that's what the internet says. My source;

IMG_8292.JPG.23c1bf71ba629f47c07b64d1b877d374.JPG

Ok, thanks for the correct info, I know chimps hunt and kill small animals even other primates.