Jump to content

Is it possible that round moving have more strong impulse?


Recommended Posts

Practice shows that circular movements always give a more powerful blow. For example, a mangual(the type weapons such as a load on a chain, this word seems absent in eng? How it correctly?)  beats more powerful than a hammer. In martial arts, circular strikes are always more powerful than straight ones. There is a feeling that the centrifugal force gives additional energy to the impulse

Edited by altaylar2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, altaylar2000 said:

Practice shows that circular movements always give a more powerful blow. For example, a mangual(the type weapons such as a load on a chain, this word seems absent in eng? How it correctly?)  beats more powerful than a hammer. In martial arts, circular strikes are always more powerful than straight ones. There is a feeling that the centrifugal force gives additional energy to the impulse

No.

When you are ready to learn some Physics we will explain it to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, studiot said:

When you are ready to learn some Physics we will explain it to you.

I will not need your(personnally)explanations even if I will be ready to become a Nobel laureate in physics

Is there the button "ignor" here?

Yes, I quickly found it. There is a wonderful interface, very user-friendly

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, altaylar2000 said:

Practice shows that circular movements always give a more powerful blow. For example, a mangual(the type weapons such as a load on a chain, this word seems absent in eng? How it correctly?)  beats more powerful than a hammer. In martial arts, circular strikes are always more powerful than straight ones. There is a feeling that the centrifugal force gives additional energy to the impulse

!

Moderator Note

Is there a question here? Or are you just here to broadcast your imperfect understanding?

(i.e. studiot was not wrong in their assessment)

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, question is "why"

2 minutes ago, swansont said:

was not wrong

I prefer experiential science, a positivist approach, rather than a scholastic approach.
The facts are given, and let if someone does not agree, reason in the context of the facts
If someone have another experience let's talk about

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

Higher velocity.

This is not convincing. Not the fact that straight-line movement cannot reach the same speed

2 minutes ago, swansont said:

Establish that it’s true, first. 

I did

Edited by altaylar2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, altaylar2000 said:

This is not convincing. Not the fact that straight-line movement cannot reach the same speed

Try throwing a ball with the 2 motions you describe and see which one send the ball farther.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

 

I did

No, you asserted it. You have not presented any supporting evidence or experimental results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

This is not convincing. Not the fact that straight-line movement cannot reach the same speed

I agree that the potential for speed there is greater due to the increased trajectory, but this does not prove that this is a general case

7 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

Try throwing a ball with the 2 motions you describe and see which one send the ball farther.

according to your logic, if we take a stick equal in length to the nunchaku, then it will be equal in length to the nunchaku strike, but its strike will be weaker in reality

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

This is not convincing. Not the fact that straight-line movement cannot reach the same speed

But if you applied actual physics to the problem, you might see the circumstances under which this could and could not happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, altaylar2000 said:

In martial arts, circular strikes are always more powerful than straight ones.

As someone who has both delivered and received such strikes, I can promise you this is also untrue. It is a factor of involvement of hips and shoulders that’s relevant here, not straightness nor curviness of the strike. 

Edited by iNow
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, altaylar2000 said:

according to your logic, if we take a stick equal in length to the nunchaku, then it will be equal in length to the nunchaku strike, but its strike will be weaker in reality

I simply gave you a possible experiment to try to text your idea.  It is a simple experiment, why not try it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, iNow said:

As someone who has both delivered and received such strikes, I can promise you this is also untrue

In karate and taekwondo, this may be imperceptible due to the fact that they do not deal with blows but with effects and a set of points, but any boxer or thai boxer will confirm this.

 

Edited by altaylar2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

I simply gave you a possible experiment to try to text your idea.  It is a simple experiment, why not try it?

I've tried this. Chain weapon strike is always stronger with the same trajectory

I think this is due to the difference in centrifugal force.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the original question (I have not plowed through the responses), the ball on chain can hit harder than the hammer because it can be made to go much faster before release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.