Good friday...

Externet

2 minutes ago, Externet said:

Can any religion fanatic explain what is seen as good to call 'good friday' the day commemorating the killing of the skinny guy on a cross ?

Nice flamebait attempt. 😁

Speaking as one who is not a "religion fanatic", but was brought up Christian, my understanding is it is so called because Christians believe the sacrifice of Christ on the cross atoned for the collective sins of mankind and made a new contract with God. The word "good" is used in its now obsolete sense of holy.   

5 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Speaking as one who is not a "religion fanatic", but was brought up Christian, my understanding is it is so called because Christians believe the sacrifice of Christ on the cross atoned for the collective sins of mankind and made a new contract with God. The word "good" is used in its now obsolete sense of holy.   

I see you joined us quite a few years ago, but have not been very active.

With posts like today's hopefully this will change and we will see more of you. +1

17 minutes ago, Externet said:

Can any religion fanatic explain

!

Moderator Note

You broke the first rule of the religion and philosophy forum

Philosophy/religion forum rules:

1. Never make it personal 
  a. Disagreements about beliefs should never be in the form of attacks on the believers.

If you want to try again without the provocation, you can open a new thread.