Voluntarily Contracting the Iris

Is it possible? It would be an awesome trick to do at a party, and since my eyes are screwed up and they let too much light in, thus forcing me to wear sunglasses or suffer the consequences (usually vomiting and extreme migraine) it would help with my condition greatly.

Is it possible? It would be an awesome trick to do at a party, and since my eyes are screwed up and they let too much light in, thus forcing me to wear sunglasses or suffer the consequences (usually vomiting and extreme migraine) it would help with my condition greatly.

it is possible. you just have to teach yourself how to do it. i used to do it for the (very little)shock value when i was bored.

i gots to learn me some o' that. sounds fun. is this similar to how i learned to twitch my ears? spend way way too long sitting in front of a mirror trying to make stuff move?

"Pretend you're in love with the ugly sod you are staring at.

You're iris' will involuntarily open like a ripe vagina."

classy...

There was an article in Scientific American, perhaps, maybe Time, about Tiwanese people who can see under water by contracting their irises to compansate for the changing conditions. So its not just a useless parlor trick. Though I'm not sure the time and effort is worth the 15 bucks needed to get a cheap pair of goggles.

• 1 month later...
you can twitch your ears, kwl! how ? i've never been able to do it, and would like to knwo how

odds are youve done it before and dont recognize it. when i was young i remember feeling some movement in my face that i did sometimes but could never reproduce on demand. so one day i got bored enough to sit in front of the mirror and focus on it until i did it again and saw my ears twitch. do that a while longer and now i can do it whenever i want.