Whats the point of private schools!?

The dark lord

Most people get student loans. Either that or some type of academic scholarship, although I would think academic scholarships at private universities are extremely competitive. Aside from loans, you can receive aid in other forms as well. And lastly, public universities are much cheaper. For instance, The universty at buffalo is about 8k a year. My undergraduate institution was about the same amount.

My education here is super subsidized by the government (the best professional institutes here are completely autonomous bodies but funded heavily by the govt and alumni).

I am definately in the best engg course on offer (in the country) and it costs me less than 1k USD a year.

Money does have an influence on their decisions to perform some disciplinary actions, but quite frankly a university's reputation is never going to be something you can buy. They're not stupid enough to start randomly accepting people in order of the size of their wallet.
I know it was posted almost a year ago, but I very much agree. Recently (last year again) there was a case when a very wealthy man was donating about half a million quid to a particular Oxford college for some years. Then his son applied to it. The son was rejected because he wasn't good enough; the father cut funding and that was that. Just goes to show that these places aren't just accepting the morbidly affluent. And Oxbridge does indeed cost the same as most other universities at the moment, unless youre a foreign student.

And then there's been all the noise lately about foreign students being favoured over UK students for that very reason...

i was told that germans get there tertiary education free.

That´s mostly correct although it´s already starting to change and will certainly continue on (if a state has the possibility to charge you it´s most certainly going to sooner or later). Nevertheless, I can top that: Finnish people get money for studying... :P

• 7 years later...

A high quality boarding school for high school captures teens at a volatile time in their life, when poor decision making can have dire consequences. The safe environment of a boarding school can help turn society's rebels into catalysts for change in their generation.

A high quality boarding school for high school captures teens at a volatile time in their life, when poor decision making can have dire consequences. The safe environment of a boarding school can help turn society's rebels into catalysts for change in their generation.

It's the Cut & Paste Spam Zombie from Better Because We Beat Them Academy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...