Help me with my Advanced Secure Programming Module please

Bad

I just received a project from my Advanced Secure Programming module and I need help on just starting really. Here is the description:

The project requires the implementation of a secure application (of student’s choice) in any programming language. The application should cover at least 4 out of the seven pernicious kingdoms.

(https://cwe.mitre.org/documents/sources/SevenPerniciousKingdoms.pdf):

Input validation and representation (mandatory) 

API abuse 

Security features 

Time and state 

Errors (mandatory) 

Code quality  

Encapsulation  

I just need an idea on what I could do really, if anyone can provide any examples or places I could learn certain things I would really appreciate it, as I'm not the best at coding.

All help appreciated!

I suggest picking the programming language you're most comfortable with and then determining the type of application you want to make.  A simple practical use application will tend to be easier to develop IMO.

For the next part you'll want to imagine an attacker or a user randomly sending inputs; and attempt to defend against all undesirable outcomes that might result.

You might want to for instance allow the user to enter a password as a security feature, but that entered information will then require input validation.