The Spirit Of Science Forums

All I'm getting out of all this, is that some people post fantasies without any mathematical or observational evidence other than to say that the current accepted system has lots of things wrong with it.
We don't care that GR, QFT, Big Bang, etc. has gaps, is not applicable in some domains, or are not compatible with each other. They are works in progress, as is all Science, and in no way evidence for your particular fantasy.

Provide evidence for your ideas, or ask the question whether your idea is possible ( and accept the answers given ).
Don't make assertions, and say it must be true because the current system is wrong.
( at least until we get a WAG section; then you can post it there )

Oh, and I also got that INow likes Arby's.
Used to like it at 3 in the morning, after bar-hopping in the US, in the 80-90s, then they started opening in Canada; had it once, never went back again.

Edited by MigL

4 hours ago, Curious layman said:

What if that's why you're asking, to get a better explanation from someone who does?

That’s fair and there’s no issue with that. However, this doesn’t appear to be what’s happened here. 

OP: “Here’s my brilliance... behold!!”

Replies 1,2,3... :  “Actually, your idea doesn’t work for reasons X,Y, and Z as demonstrated by experiments A,B, and C.”

OP: You clearly just don’t understand! How dare you comment before understanding. 

Replies: “Yawn. Yet another crackpot.”

Lather. Rinse. Repeat...

41 minutes ago, MigL said:

Oh, and I also got that INow likes Arby's.

I thought it was obvious, but I actually want sushi and sake ;) 

25 minutes ago, iNow said:

I thought it was obvious, but I actually want sushi and sake ;) 

The Standard Model allows for this. Order a Crispy Fish sandwich uncooked, then use the buns and Horsey sauce to barter with the guy at the liquor store.

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The Standard Model allows for this. Order a Crispy Fish sandwich uncooked, then use the buns and Horsey sauce to barter with the guy at the liquor store.

Surely this is just a modified Five Easy Pieces - Chicken Salad protocol?

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I don't know for sure, never seen it, but the evidence is out there...

I'd heard about ESPN, though. I'm not a complete ignorant.

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

That may be the only "useful" thing that anyone learns from this thread.

🤣

I will leave this for prosperity, from:

If you don't agree with someone, don't attack them. Tell them politely why you think they're wrong, and give them evidence. Insulting people won't get you anywhere but suspended.

Now the word hypocrital is defined as:

"behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."

That perfectly describes the admins on here.

3 hours ago, PrimalMinister said:

I will leave this for prosperity, from:

If you don't agree with someone, don't attack them. Tell them politely why you think they're wrong, and give them evidence. Insulting people won't get you anywhere but suspended.

"behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. The implication is that these statements are related.

Informing you that you’re breaking the rules is neither disagreement nor a personal attack.

Pointing out that you have not posted evidence is neither disagreement nor a personal attack.

3 hours ago, PrimalMinister said:

That's a whole heaping of irony... 🤣😇

12 hours ago, PrimalMinister said:

I find it amusing that people who readily give their opinion as fact, without evidence, then  demand evidence from those who disagree with them.
Actually, no; I find it extremely annoying.

14 hours ago, PrimalMinister said:

Dear PrimalMinister, it is with the saddest of regrets that I need to inform you, that due to the 52 negative points against your name, I see it logical and reasonable to assume that your claims/conduct on this forum is less then perfect. In that respect, it follows that your hypocrisy and own veiled insults have been obvious over your time here.

I would help you simply by asking you to understand fully the science in question, before attempting to deny it, have imperial evidence for your own claims, and understand that  this forum does consist of experts in various fields, while your own expertise is unknown and to present yourself as having higher and nobler standards then these experts, again reflects on your own hypocrisiy.

Your's Sincerely

beecee