Skin colour

Curious layman

10 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

If I (white guy) were to move to South Africa and only have children with white women,  would my descendants eventually turn black?

If yes, How many generations would this take?

Cannot be answered with the current information provided.

22 minutes ago, Area54 said:

You're not a member of the British Royal Family are you?

Lol, nah, was on stormfront website, and they (not me) were talking about race and stuff. So now I'm on wiki looking at Skin colour, wiki, to be honest,  it's a lot of info to take in, (hence, why I'm asking here), this stood out:

In general, people living close to the equator are highly darkly pigmented, and those living near the poles are generally very lightly pigmented. The rest of humanity shows a high degree of skin color variation between these two extremes, generally correlating with UV exposure.

So I'm curious, will african Americans eventually turn white, and will white Europeans who moved to Africa turn black?

Edited by Curious layman

46 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

If I (white guy) were to move to South Africa and only have children with white women,  would my descendants eventually turn black?

If yes, How many generations would this take?

maybe under this thread I might be not the best one to respond. 

but more than this query: I was thinking this one: "whenever I see russians here, I clearly see that they are not same with me,although I do not have dark skin. but their whitenes is shining :) .

so,the (probably equivalent ) query is that whether I would have skin as same as  russians have had if I would go russia and live here for long time. 

and I respond my query by myself as almost always: even if not as same as russins ,it would get lighter. sure. :) 

one think I wonder: why have you opened this thread ,for what?

Edited by ahmet

17 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

So I'm curious, will african Americans eventually turn white, and will white Europeans who moved to Africa turn black?

Possibly. Two issues would effect it.

1. Would the genetic changes necessary to cause this occur? There is an element of chance here.

2. Would the environmental conditions favour the change? Not necessarily. Human environment is now greatly impacted by culture (in the broadest sense). Thus whites using sun screens and late 21st century medical procedures need not worry about skin cancer. Dark skin would offer less, and possibly no, survival advantage. Or blacks living outwith the tropics might use gene therapy to maintain a high melanin content as a statment of cultural identity. These are just examples.

9 minutes ago, ahmet said:

one think I wonder: why have you opened this thread ,for what?

Edited just now by ahmet

The answer. 

Yep, you can change it to Russians, Asians too if you want. Choose anything you want.

i've always been under the impression the way we look is to do with where were born, the climate, position on the globe etc.

so it's just a curious thought that popped into my head whilst reading wiki.

And this site has people who have knowledge about this type of stuff, so I thought i'd ask...

Edited by Curious layman

8 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

The answer. 

Yep, you can change it to Russians, Asians too if you want. Choose anything you want.

i've always been under the impression the way we look is to do with where were born, the climate, position on the globe etc.

so it's just a curious thought that popped into my head whilst reading wiki.

And this site has people who have knowledge about this type of stuff, so I thought i'd ask...

Will there be enough generations remaining in our global (human)  civilization to put these scenarios to the test?

I imagine (without knowledge or research) that your descendants would acquire the characteristics appropriate to their place of living but how many generations it would take,I could only guess at.

10 or 20 ?

5 minutes ago, ahmet said:

to me, it is not a meaningful question,sorry. 

I think one of the people who know about this stuff can maybe write something about it. Something I'll find interesting.

Maybe they won't, and it's a stupid question, but I'll never know if I don't ask. 

Your also looking into this too deeply, I can feel the suspicions already. Don't bother, it's just an honest question. 

Edited by Curious layman

7 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

but I'll never know if I don't ask. 

no, you can learn even if you do not ask.

I have some particular wordings on this issue,but i think I don't interest.

just for now,I can say that some narrowed areas might be available. (some keywords: gtp, g proteins, colours, race, human ,animal vision system.)

Edited by ahmet

1 minute ago, ahmet said:

no, you can learn even if you do not ask.

I have some particular wordings on this issue,but i think I don't interest.

just for now,I can say that some narrowed areas might be available. 

This site has experts who understand this stuff and can explain it far better than I can interpret it from just reading.

FFS, were not going down this road again...

4 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

This site has experts who understand this stuff and can explain it far better than I can interpret it from just reading.

gosh I did not imply to just read.

anyway... by by for now. 

14 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

I think you have totally misunderstood the helpful post from @ahmet. He gave you a list of words to use in a google search. (Not sure why he included animal vision, but there you go.) Read some relevant links then ask for clarification of what you don't understand.

Edited by Area54

19 minutes ago, ahmet said:

just for now,I can say that some narrowed areas might be available. (some keywords: gtp, g proteins, colours, race, human ,animal vision system.)

Shit, totally misread this bit. I'm so sorry Ahmet. 

Thank you for your reply. I will do.

OP seems to start with a wrong assumption. The genetics of skin colour is not related to the environment per se, or at least not the way OP seems to imply (i.e. focussing on genetic aspects not the adaptive melatonin production in response to sun exposure). Sun intensity can be a selective trait favouring those that have darker skin. But it does not cause genetic changes. In other words the birth of a child with darker skin will occur with the same likelihood regardless where they are born.

What OP actually is seemingly asking is how long it would take to have mutations resulting in darker skin. This is not only a random process, but it is not a yes/no answer, either. There are several alleles associated with skin colour and there are obviously many different shades as a result. So if even if your breeding program would only select for folks who identify themselves as white, you might not have strictly a gene pool that concentrates all the alleles which are associated with a lack of pigmentation.