Biden and the $15 minimum wage

Curious layman

24 minutes ago, iNow said:

You might be forgetting that Congress writes legislation, not the executive branch. Biden and Kamala will support and sign it if it passed, that’s all. 

well i'm assuming (stupid i know) if she wanted to appear consistent she would maybe mention it once or do something to show that she still actually supports it. it would be better if we all kept in mind the different branches, the major players, and then had coherent criticisms that put pressure on the right people at the right times to actually influence the correct steps forward to come to pass.

i guess its foolhardy to think that it works to, what i think most people fall into, is to be remembering that these are the conditions, but think the pres and vp are supposed to be doing that to some extent and acting as some sort of "team leaders" when in reality they're not really organizing at that level and it would in theory be giving them too much power if they were, which wouldn't support the system of checks and balances 

52 minutes ago, CashlinRap said:

well i'm assuming (stupid i know) if she wanted to appear consistent she would maybe mention it once or do something to show that she still actually supports it.

There’s an old saying about how campaigns are written in poetry whereas legislation and governance is written in prose. You’re welcome to your feelings, but feels rather nit picky to me. YMMV

the pres and vp are supposed to be doing that to some extent and acting as some sort of "team leaders" when in reality they're not really organizing at that level

You mean other than injecting $6T into the economy and coordinating 3Million daily vaccine shots, while also organizing climate commitments from other nations, readying the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan by 9/11, and addressing a surge of migrants on the southern border in a humane way... 

And all within their first 75 days in office? Not to put too fine a point on it, but your criticism is a bit douchey and a lot unreasonable. 

and it would in theory be giving them too much power if they were, which wouldn't support the system of checks and balances 

In fairness, the congress had been actively and voluntarily relinquishing / surrendering their power to the executive branch for decades. The basic calculus is that it’s easier to keep their seat and win the next election when they refuse to take hard votes. Can’t say I blame those holding executive office who are more than happy to continue receiving and exercising said power. 

Edited by iNow

2 hours ago, iNow said:

You mean other than injecting $6T into the economy and coordinating 3Million daily vaccine shots, while also organizing climate commitments from other nations, readying the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan by 9/11, and addressing a surge of migrants on the southern border in a humane way... 

And all within their first 75 days in office? Not to put too fine a point on it, but your criticism is a bit douchey and a lot unreasonable. 

I'm totally in the camp of people that say it's only been 75 days, give him some more time, geez! In comparisons that try to paint him as being worse than an outright sprint for dictator control by a sociopath who allowed a pandemic to become a controlled genocide. But absolutely not in considering that the president is war criminal in chief and that, wow, maybe all that good stuff they're doing was, i don't know, supposed to be their job the whole time? 

anyways, anyone who is actually going to say the US empire is humane, even if playing devil's advocate for sake of a good discussion, could have the cure for cancer for all I care, it's time to tune them out because they're basically implementing the same form of cognitive dissonance as people who think all of the police out here murdering black men is justified, for whatever random reason. Sorry if that seems cruelly unrelated or harsh but I think it's a much more comprehensive and coherent analysis of behavior than "douchey" and "unreasonable" when these people seem pretty damn proud to be the leaders of the so called free world. (And yes, our modern age has extreme levels of privilege and luxury and I am really appreciative of it all but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be standards) 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pavlich-bidens-border-policies-are-humane-hardly/ar-BB1eG178

"According to lawyers who have visited children in the facilities, 4,200 minors are being kept in Border Patrol "jail like cells" for longer than 72-hour maximum legal limit. They are sleeping on cold floors, in crammed conditions and going hungry. And while the White House doesn't want to "label" the situation as a crisis or disaster, the deployment of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to handle the situation proves it is exactly those things." 

I'm confident that video has been secured of these facilities, maintaining the status quo from the last term isn't humane. Sadly what has become a conservative talking point is actually true, the facilities were started under the obama admin. Just because a bunch of idiots who probably desperately need to be tested for dementia get a hold of a piece of information and use it to smear the other party's guy doesn't mean it doesn't have some truth to it.  

Being humble about the right kind of volatile problem riddled information can at times be a magical skill that draws the lines between people considering your perspective even if it has its own problems, and realizing that you're just completely full of shit 

7 minutes ago, CashlinRap said:

Sorry if that seems cruelly unrelated or harsh...

Doubtful

8 minutes ago, CashlinRap said:

I'm confident that video has been secured of these facilities, maintaining the status quo from the last term isn't humane. Sadly what has become a conservative talking point is actually true, the facilities were started under the obama admin. Just because a bunch of idiots who probably desperately need to be tested for dementia get a hold of a piece of information and use it to smear the other party's guy doesn't mean it doesn't have some truth to it

Super glad you shared, but this is a thread about minimum wage