Is the earth really our planet? Or the planet of fishes?

Biological Combination

• Is the earth really our planet? Or the planet of fishes?

4/3 of the earth’s surface is covered with water. Only 1/4 of them consists of land. About 1/4 of the 1/4 land portion is entirely mountainous. In addition, there are deserts and poles that are not suitable for humans to live. There are also storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and predators. Only 3% of the water on Earth is made up of sweet water that people can drink. 97% consists of salt water.

• Is there a balance in nature?

It is wrong to say that there is a balance in nature. Equalization of the power of two mutual forces is called balance. Whereas in nature, the strongest always wins and survives. This is not an balance. This is the «Layout of the Stronger».

• Classification of Living Things.

There are two species of living things on earth. Moving living things, non-moving living things. Then we invented the third species of living things, the human. We are shaving and we try to wear clothes and behave differently.

• Do animals accept people as superior?

Animals do not see humans superior to themselves. Animals see humans as hunts as they see other animals. They attack and eat or posions.

• Human Oddities.

Humans so weird. He is surprised by what is different and surprised by what is the same. For example, people are surprised that fingerprints and DNA are different. They are also surprised that twins born are the same.

• The claim of: It is very difficult to formation spontaneous of life on earth; One in a million a possibility.

Some people say that it is not possible for the earth to spontaneously form in an orderly way, but a possibility of a million. Only one of the millions of sperms reaches its address and the pregnancy takes place. If it can not reach, it is not pregnancy. This example shows how a probability of a million happens. Octopus drops thousands of eggs but only a few live.

100% of the surface of the Earth is covered by a miles thick atmosphere.
Does the Earth really belong to the fish ? Or to the birds ?

That is one of the silliest arguments I've heard in a long time.
And what kind of 'new age' jargon is 'balance' ?

Edited by MigL

17 minutes ago, Biological Combination said:

By saying  "argument is silly " you are insulting me.

While you may take offense at the comments, you and your “argument” are not the same thing and his comments were very clearly about your “argument,” not you. 

51 minutes ago, Biological Combination said:
  • Is the earth really our planet? Or the planet of fishes?

4/3 of the earth’s surface is covered with water.

And it gives 110% effort

32 minutes ago, Biological Combination said:

By saying  "argument is silly " you are insulting me. Don't comment if you don't like it.

!

Moderator Note

No, by the staff’s interpretation of our rules, it is an assessment of your argument, which is permitted. “you are a silly person” is an insult, but that’s not the comment.

You need to distinguish between the two situations, and stop distracting from the discussion. Critique of your argument should be expected.

3 hours ago, Biological Combination said:

Everything on Earth, including fishes, is covered by microbes. Ergo, it is the planet of microbes.

The post does fall into the "not even wrong" category, though.

1 hour ago, Biological Combination said:

There are two species of living things on earth. Moving living things, non-moving living things. Then we invented the third species of living things, the human. We are shaving and we try to wear clothes and behave differently.

(my emphasis)

I take it that humans are neither moving nor non-moving. Who invented the third? We, the weird ones? Before "we" existed?

I disagree with @MigL: This is way past silly. It is a meandering nonsense.

1 hour ago, joigus said:

This is way past silly. It is a meandering nonsense.

Yes, but by upending his username to the end of every thread title he creates he is better optimizing his ideas in search engine results... nonsense or not

Edited by iNow

13 hours ago, Biological Combination said:

@Sensei has dealt clearly and terminally with your argument in the post above.

• Is there a balance in nature?

It is wrong to say that there is a balance in nature. Equalization of the power of two mutual forces is called balance. Whereas in nature, the strongest always wins and survives. This is not an balance. This is the «Layout of the Stronger».

This is a common misunderstanding. Strength can be a notable survival characteristic, but so too can speed, or agility, or adaptability, or intelligence, or . . .  the list goes on. Those best suited to their environment stand the best chance of survival, but Lady Luck also plays a hand. Just ask the non-avian dinosaurs.

Classification systems are artificial, so there is nothing inherently wrong with yours (other than the fact that all living things move to some extent), but is it useful? Nothing useful springs to mind when considering it, especially when compared with the more traditional classifications. Even unconventional systems, oflimited use, may have other specific advantages. (e.g. There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.)

Aside: since isolating myself during lockdown I've stopped shaving and don't wear clothes.

14 hours ago, Biological Combination said:
  • Do animals accept people as superior?

Animals do not see humans superior to themselves. Animals see humans as hunts as they see other animals. They attack and eat or posions.

Many animals are completely unaware of humans. Many animals are fearful of humans. The majority of animals are not carnivores. While I've been attacked by sheep, I've never been eaten by one.

• Human Oddities.

Humans so weird. He is surprised by what is different and surprised by what is the same. For example, people are surprised that fingerprints and DNA are different. They are also surprised that twins born are the same.

Do you have sound evidence to support these statements. They look very much like over-simplified generalisations and as such have little or no value.

• The claim of: It is very difficult to formation spontaneous of life on earth; One in a million a possibility.

Some people say that it is not possible for the earth to spontaneously form in an orderly way, but a possibility of a million. Only one of the millions of sperms reaches its address and the pregnancy takes place. If it can not reach, it is not pregnancy. This example shows how a probability of a million happens. Octopus drops thousands of eggs but only a few live.

You have almost redeemed yourself here with these valid observations. Unfortunately the weakness of the earlier statements leave the overall conclusion negative.

I offer you some an observation and some advice. The observation - you seem to be genuinely interested in the world and in science. The advice - rather that make unfounded claims that appear silly, why not ask questions, the answers to which will enhance your knowledge and understanding?

11 hours ago, iNow said:

Yes, but by upending his username to the end of every thread title he creates he is better optimizing his ideas in search engine results... nonsense or not

Not so meandering after all. ;) 

15 hours ago, Biological Combination said:

By saying  "argument is silly " you are insulting me. Don't comment if you don't like it.

Earth should indeed be called " Marine" but the real rulers of this planet are microbes, they outweigh us in total mass and in numbers and viruses rule over them.  

21 minutes ago, Biological Combination said:

the moderators only allow me to write in the speculations section. Hope this gets better.

I'm sure it will once your ideas do. Also, you're already allowed to write in mainstream sections. The issue is that you're not writing about accepted ideas or those in the mainstream based on centuries of evidence.

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

I'm sure it will once your ideas do. Also, you're already allowed to write in mainstream sections. The issue is that you're not writing about accepted ideas or those in the mainstream based on centuries of evidence.

It's nice to see people like you in the forum. Thank you very much. I like to come up with new ideas. I hope we can benefit humanity.

4 hours ago, Biological Combination said:

Thank you so much to all who commented without using bad words like bullshit and stupid. I love science. That's why I'm on this forum. However, the moderators only allow me to write in the speculations section. Hope this gets better.

Not really true. There are different sections for different scientific disciplines that are accepted mainstream science. There is also another section for hypothesis and ideas that are not accepted mainstream thinking, and those defending those ideas need to attempt to justify them there. Some ideas are silly, and some are literally bullshit, with the proponent obviously having a hidden agenda.

I'm only an interested bystander also, interested in science and the scientific methodology. You have been offered some excellent advice with the following....

8 hours ago, Area54 said:

I offer you some an observation and some advice. The observation - you seem to be genuinely interested in the world and in science. The advice - rather that make unfounded claims that appear silly, why not ask questions, the answers to which will enhance your knowledge and understanding?

On 3/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, Sensei said:

Comparison of mass of living organisms on the Earth:

Global-Taxa-Biomass-800x359.png.9727ed75c0494ce0f7a7606633accec9.png

Absolutely spot-on, @Sensei.

On a similar vein, here's a couple of very interesting TEDtalks by Karen Lloyd,

Hyper-slow metabolism microbes that live under the Earth's crust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2DzsgJSwcc

Hyper-slow metabolism microbes that live under the sea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbgB2TaYhio

15 minute talks for the general public. Some catchphrases by Lloyd are priceless. Makes you think that the amount of microorganisms may have been, if anything, grossly underestimated.

Edited by joigus

• swansont changed the title to Is the earth really our planet? Or the planet of fishes?
  • Phi for All locked this topic