Jump to content

Evaporation and condensation


Seboxen32
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys. Me and my collegues are stuck on the condensation of vapor with vacuum pump and a Heat exchanger equipments. We're definately not coming through with results. Any tíos anyone, i would appreciate.

Btw this is a legitimate, european funded pilot process for leachate treatment. Lets save the earth guys. +_+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, we're based in Spain. Like i said we re developing a leachate treatment process. We're stuck on the evaporation/ condensation of leachate. So i was wondering, if there s any tips i could get on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PThe issue at hand is condensating leachate vapor to be later treated. We got a tank of leachate heated along with a vacuum pump, a Heat exchanger for cooling purposes and yet we coming short of condesated vapor. I am thinkin what the basic factors at play on such operation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seboxen32 said:

PThe issue at hand is condensating leachate vapor to be later treated. We got a tank of leachate heated along with a vacuum pump, a Heat exchanger for cooling purposes and yet we coming short of condesated vapor. I am thinkin what the basic factors at play on such operation.

So you have an unknown material with an unknown vapor pressure being pulled by a vacuum pump at an unknown vacuum level at an unknown flow rate thru a heat exchanger of unknown size operating at an unknown temperature and you would like to know why it is not efficient?  With this amount of information my answer has to be unknown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

So you have an unknown material with an unknown vapor pressure being pulled by a vacuum pump at an unknown vacuum level at an unknown flow rate thru a heat exchanger of unknown size operating at an unknown temperature and you would like to know why it is not efficient?  With this amount of information my answer has to be unknown.

+1

Although we do know one thing.

The apparatus is in Spain.

🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, studiot said:

+1

Although we do know one thing.

The apparatus is in Spain.

🙂

 

Ok, sorry about the many unknowns. But all i want is some funky factors about vapor condensating that might be helpfull to consider, in any given unkown case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Put your 'leachate' through a GC, and find its main components.
It will give you some indication of vacuum and temperature you need to vaporize it.

Otherwise, pull as much vacuum as you can, and slowly increase the temperature until you have flow.
Also check that the condenser is working as it should; if the 'leachate' has a smell, and you get that smell exit the vacuum pump, you are not condensing the vapor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.