Evaporation and condensation

Seboxen32

Hi guys. Me and my collegues are stuck on the condensation of vapor with vacuum pump and a Heat exchanger equipments. We're definately not coming through with results. Any tíos anyone, i would appreciate.

Btw this is a legitimate, european funded pilot process for leachate treatment. Lets save the earth guys. +_+

PThe issue at hand is condensating leachate vapor to be later treated. We got a tank of leachate heated along with a vacuum pump, a Heat exchanger for cooling purposes and yet we coming short of condesated vapor. I am thinkin what the basic factors at play on such operation.

4 hours ago, Seboxen32 said:

PThe issue at hand is condensating leachate vapor to be later treated. We got a tank of leachate heated along with a vacuum pump, a Heat exchanger for cooling purposes and yet we coming short of condesated vapor. I am thinkin what the basic factors at play on such operation.

So you have an unknown material with an unknown vapor pressure being pulled by a vacuum pump at an unknown vacuum level at an unknown flow rate thru a heat exchanger of unknown size operating at an unknown temperature and you would like to know why it is not efficient?  With this amount of information my answer has to be unknown.

10 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

So you have an unknown material with an unknown vapor pressure being pulled by a vacuum pump at an unknown vacuum level at an unknown flow rate thru a heat exchanger of unknown size operating at an unknown temperature and you would like to know why it is not efficient?  With this amount of information my answer has to be unknown.

+1

Although we do know one thing.

The apparatus is in Spain.

🙂

1 hour ago, studiot said:

+1

Although we do know one thing.

The apparatus is in Spain.

🙂

Ok, sorry about the many unknowns. But all i want is some funky factors about vapor condensating that might be helpfull to consider, in any given unkown case.

Put your 'leachate' through a GC, and find its main components.
It will give you some indication of vacuum and temperature you need to vaporize it.

Otherwise, pull as much vacuum as you can, and slowly increase the temperature until you have flow.
Also check that the condenser is working as it should; if the 'leachate' has a smell, and you get that smell exit the vacuum pump, you are not condensing the vapor.