Can we PRESERVE and HONOUR our DEAD ?  Walker’s Casket !

Commander

12 hours ago, Commander said:

You give a good design and a practical one and get your name on it !

I don't think your concept is compelling enough to motivate the casket consumer to spend the extra money. Why should they care what someone digs up thousands of years from now?

I do think the name suggests a better motivation. What if you design the Walker's Casket with an escape hatch and a shovel, and market it to those who want a way out in case, you know, it's not what we thought?

Walker's Caskets - Keeping Your Options Open.

The Creator has given us a Body and Frame which is alive until Death occurs ! That is all that is left of us in the end ! Why not preserve it rather than let it Decimate ! It is for our Progeny to Decide the Merit of the case !

6 hours ago, Commander said:

The Creator has given us a Body and Frame which is alive until Death occurs ! That is all that is left of us in the end ! Why not preserve it rather than let it Decimate ! It is for our Progeny to Decide the Merit of the case !

Why not preserve it?  Because I don't want to.  I have no desire to have anyone I know preserved after they die.  That seems creepy.  I sure he'll wouldn't pay for such weirdness!  Why not get a taxidermist to stuff your loved ones and you can have them sit around your living room and watch tv with you.  What fun...

6 hours ago, Commander said:

Didn't the creator design life to be lived and death to furtilise or be recycled into more life?

So, in seeking to preserve the dead, you've perverted the creator's plan; such dirty language... 

I understand that people are more important than a dog, and some people are more important than other people; but no-one is important enough to not fear the reaper.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Didn't the creator design life to be lived and death to furtilise or be recycled into more life?

So, in seeking to preserve the dead, you've perverted the creator's plan; such dirty language... 

I understand that people are more important than a dog, and some people are more important than other people; but no-one is important enough to not fear the reaper.

Baby take my hand...

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

So, in seeking to preserve the dead, you've perverted the creator's plan;

Perverting the Creator's Plan? I sure don't want to do THAT! Better stick with the ashes to ashes approach. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Perverting the Creator's Plan? I sure don't want to do THAT! Better stick with the ashes to ashes approach. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

MEH, bury them don't bury them, the buzzards gotta eat as well as the worms; but who doesn't like a BBQ???

9 hours ago, Commander said:

It is for our Progeny to Decide the Merit of the case !

Who in the hell put them in charge?!?! I didn't vote for them!

Are they also in charge of what we have for dinner? Because if so I'm pretty sure that tonight I'm having Cheese Nips and M&Ms.

Not much can be done by any of us after our death and we leave the frame on earth !

Maybe what's happening now is the best.

Maybe if we all want something more can be done.

That is why it is in a Question form and not a statement. I mean it just asks Can we Preserve ... etc

The end result may not be that fruitful [Like if in the later years some new invention can resurrect the dead frame] but the remains will be better than ashes or left over to Nature. May be better than any mummies or current methods.

One type can be in a strong transparent shell within which the remains can be held until it can be opened if needed. Maybe the frame is first enveloped into a transparent cover and all gases exited by force. Then a transparent inert gas is filled with a view to preserve and deter any deterioration with the correct pressure. Then a transparent [say glass] mould of sufficient thickness is built over it.

The other type is to build over the frame a transparent mould like a mummy and the frame can be preserved and visible in future like a monument. Required process has to be adopted to arrest decay as far as possible.

2 hours ago, Commander said:

That is why it is in a Question form and not a statement. I mean it just asks Can we Preserve ... etc

The people that can afford it and want to live forever, use cryogenics; but even that's not future proof, the only thing we can be sure of (a universal truth), is that everything changes.

But you've yet to explain why you think it would be beneficial, what do you think can be learned from a corpse?

3 hours ago, Commander said:

Maybe what's happening now is the best.

What's happening now, is all we can know; so you have two choice's, pray for a better tomorrow or work for it.

Waisting energy on trying to stop time, is nothing more than a prayer... 😉

15 hours ago, Moontanman said:

What exactly is a "Walkers Casket"? 

This casket might work to preserve bodies although I'd rather have a tree planted on me buried in a thin wooden box. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisk_metallic_burial_case

Your choice is yours dear ! I'm OK You're OK

Personally I would like the Casket sent into Space, but can not afford it !

Think Big and not Small as only Thinking is Faster than the Speed of Light !

If you do the small things perfect
Big Success in life you can expect

Enjoy every effort you make
Reaching Goal with steps you take

Never a dull moment in life
Full of struggles and strife

Stretch your hands to reach the Crown
Minding the steps up and down

16 hours ago, Moontanman said:

What exactly is a "Walkers Casket"? 

This casket might work to preserve bodies although I'd rather have a tree planted on me buried in a thin wooden box. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisk_metallic_burial_case

Thank God for being born 
With both parents alive
During Childhood and for Siblings 
For Survival and Education 

For Jobs Careers and Money
For Neighbours Friends and Society
For Health Peace and Tranquillity
For a great Nation and Motherland

For Tamil English and Languages
For other Nations and Migrations
For Earth Continents and Oceans
For Intelligence and Brilliance

All Credits to the Creator 
Who WAS IS AND WILL BE
Our Hope Trust and Saviour 
Of all our Ventures in Future

5 hours ago, Commander said:

All Credits to the Creator 
Who WAS IS AND WILL BE
Our Hope Trust and Saviour 
Of all our Ventures in Future

III wusssssssssss tempteeees ttttoo repply totootoo ttthiiiiss pppist,,,,,,,,, but I couldn't stop laughing 😂 

19 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Just one credit will do; He put the serpent in the garden of Eden and He is therefore solely responsible for everything bad in the world.

Think about that...

I'm pretty sure he won't get it... the ying/yang thang is a mysterious to his creator.