Jump to content

Updated to latest forum software


Dave
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

Was there another software update recently? The UI feels a bit different. Could maybe be just a recent change in config settings though, I suppose.

Reputation points seem to have disappeared. And I don't remember seeing the rocket thingie on people's icons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Reputation points seem to have disappeared. And I don't remember seeing the rocket thingie on people's icons. 

Looks like crappy update of the software.. On PC user can hover elements by mouse to show details, on mobile there is no such way you can hover element to display bubble with details.. Rank is hidden under "rocket icon" which displays only after hovering it by mouse on PC.. Number of posts, reputation points, rounded to the nearest 100. You don't even know how many you have.

Maybe it is editable in configuration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, sorry for the lack of response. Unfortunately upgrades in software are necessary from time to time, in order to prevent against e.g. security vulnerabilities. Inevitably these come with some changes - some nice, some not so great. I've restored your rank under your username and the reputation count should now be found as it was before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always useful to have an idea what the update is supposed to achieve.

There are some very knowledgable members here in respect of It matters so their input can always be considered valuable.

For my part there was a prefectly understandable update announcement early this afterennon, in place of the usual site itself.

When the site returned I noted that the information about members online / offline  had changed its presentation.

I really hope that the various clocks and timers are now coordinated so that members are not still shown as online half an hour after they have left, and the timing of post nn longer suggests that replies occur before the question is asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dave said:

Hi all, sorry for the lack of response. Unfortunately upgrades in software are necessary from time to time, in order to prevent against e.g. security vulnerabilities. Inevitably these come with some changes - some nice, some not so great. I've restored your rank under your username and the reputation count should now be found as it was before. 

Thanks Dave. Looks good now. At least devs made it configurable..

ps. Somewhere (e.g. user profile) it still rounds larger quantities to the nearest 100.

Edited by Sensei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

ps. Somewhere (e.g. user profile) it still rounds larger quantities to the nearest 100.

Yep! However if you click on this, then you should see the breakdown to exact number on the left hand side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.