NEED HELP WITH FATHER-INLAW DRINKING Chlorine dioxide

paladize

Hello Everyone,

I need some help in order to understand the potential side effects of drinking Chlorine dioxide (ClO2). It is also called MMS on the web.

He believes it cures Covid and other diseases like cancer, etc.

Can anyone on the forum provide me some guidance as to what may actually happen if you drink this compound on a regular basis.

Thank you.

It is a matter of concentration. Very very small amounts are can be harmless, but LD50 doses (i.e. concentration at which half of all animals died) is around 90 mg/kg, when taken orally. This is for acute effects and I am not sure about long-term issues.

Perhaps more importantly, there is no evidence that drinking it has any protective or curative properties on the body. I.e. it is indeed a health risk without any known benefits.

MMS is a snake oil scam and Chlorine dioxide is an industrial bleach and disinfectant. The people hawking it as medicine are the lowest of the low. 

It's difficult to convince someone that they are wrong, and in many circumstances, evidence dispelling an incorrect belief can counterintuitively reinforce the belief. Here's some advice that might help you talk to him. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/07/15/1004950/how-to-talk-to-conspiracy-theorists-and-still-be-kind/