Help Identifying equipment? Movie related

Compo

Could you fine people please help me identify this pump for a project?

Im working on a movie prop with my son (got to have a hobby to pass this lockdown), it’s from the film Die Hard 3 but we’ve hit a wall looking for part.

It’s a graduated cylinder which uses a rack & pinion gear to drive a graduated plunger,

My first thought was a syringe pump but there are no syringe plungers with rack teeth that I can find, then I thought is it a graduated
cylinder but I can’t find one with an output at the bottom.

It’s definitely a real world item but I can’t find any details.

thanks in advance 

Rich

E313D435-E83F-4F46-86F6-625F95AF49A9.thumb.png.3bfbe81fd8bf3c6c64e3209791d22931.png

Welcome.

What is the action it performs ?  Electrical input to linear servo output ?  Anything hydraulic in it ?  Purely mechanic ?  Size ?

¿? Something similar to ----> https://www.amazon.com/Detroit-Axle-Complete-Electric-Steering/dp/B01CKKBDSU

----> https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/rack-and-pinion-assist-electric-steering-kitsimage.thumb.png.5c8489e436f941952cec2e6b04df6b0d.png

Sorry, dimensions might have helped. It’s roughly 12 inches from top to bottom. It’s used to pump liquid out of the clear cylinder into another, the film shows a CO2 capsule but that’s cosmetic, it’s the rack and pinion that push the plunger, the motor you can just make out by the gear halfway up. I’d say it’s from the late 80’s early 90’s as Die Hard 3 was 95 

Thanks for your help by the way, it’s a dumb question and I didn’t expect reply but it’s been driving me mad  

1 hour ago, Compo said:

t’s a dumb question and I didn’t expect reply

It's a dumb photo.

I'm sorry but this must be the worst ""What is this please ?" photo I have seen since I joined here.

That is set in the context of maybe one such request a month on this site.

I couldn't understand this one, let alone identify it.

Post a half ways decent photo, or better set of photos,  without the fancy editing and you might be suprised how many responses you get and how good they might be.

Yeah I’m building a replica prop so I need to ID the part and there’s a reason I cropped the photo (I don’t want to be flagged as a terrorist).

In the film it’s a binary device that uses a pump to mix liquids. 
I’ve looked into syringe pumps but it’s the wrong layout, I’m trying to track the prop builder down but even that’s proving tricky.
If you’ve seen the film it’s the part on the subway train.

B40D3E4B-22FD-4930-BD2D-0FFB1025C2D9.webp