How can we survive this century?

dimreepr

I'm not being a doom-merchant here, I think we are capable (For instance, this current emergency (pandemic) has taught us that our economy is capable of dealing with a change of circumstances, while simultaneously demonstrating our propensity to act too late.)

Should we feed "the lazy mouse"?

Edited by dimreepr

3 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I'm not being a doom-merchant here, I think we are capable (For instance, this current emergency (pandemic) has taught us that our economy is capable of dealing with a change of circumstances, while simultaneously demonstrating our propensity to act too late.)

Should we feed "the lazy mouse"?

Economy hasn't got all the answers. OTOH, if you just let the lazy mouse die, there's no lesson to be learnt either.

I'm missing a third mouse in the story. One that's capable of foreseeing. The diligent mouse will strive just as hard when Nature stops delivering her goods.

19 hours ago, joigus said:

Economy hasn't got all the answers. OTOH, if you just let the lazy mouse die, there's no lesson to be learnt either.

I'm missing a third mouse in the story. 

I think Ricky's the third mouse (It could be argued that Ricky isn't even the lazy mouse, all he does is take the piss out of farmer's...), in that he's the problem. If we're to last out the century we need to embrace the lazy mouse, not just accept them. A job for the sake of a job doesn't make sense in the context of an economy that's clearly unsustainable; one countries unilateral decision to be good and play nice is never going to work when the hungry mouse is still hungry, eventually they will just try and steal the food, by killing the industrious mouse; instead of spending all that money, time and effort defending, more food than we can eat.

If we want a balanced sustainable society/economy, don't pressgang the lazy into work because "the lazy" will always find a way; and being lazy doesn't mean they have nothing to contribute, even if it's only being a friend.

19 hours ago, joigus said:

One that's capable of foreseeing. The diligent mouse will strive just as hard when Nature stops delivering her goods.

Isn't that a little too late?

Edited by dimreepr