Increase tall

4 hours ago, dsfs said:

But there are ebooks that you can actually increase your height by 2-3 inches and it says that even after 30 years old.

The ones I've seen base their claims on some kind of vitamin/mineral supplements, with the assumption that you aren't as tall as you could be because you're somehow deficient. If you don't grow, they can always claim your diet was already good. "Can actually" means it's possible, not that it's guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, dsfs said:

In the morning my height is 184 cm tall and in the evening 183, what is my true height? ?

Depends on the time of day, apparently.

32 minutes ago, dsfs said:

If they wrote untruths in books, clients would try these methods and if its didn't work, they would accuse these authors of writing untruths and that they would be forbidden to publish such books, but nothing like that happened.

Most authors use careful language to prevent their works from being actionable in this way. Lots of caveats and exemptions, lots of wiggle-words that lawyers can argue about, and very little assertive claims. But surely you've read about all the people reporting on how scammy that whole industry is? Notice how the marketing for these books and supplements now includes "Don't fall for the scams, we've got the REAL THING!"? Even they realize what they claim is too good to be true.

Just now, dsfs said:

I downloaded such e-books for free from pirated sites from the Internet

Is this what made you so tall? Six feet, well above average?

2 hours ago, dsfs said:

I downloaded such e-books for free from pirated sites from the Internet

Ok, then instead of, "throw a few dollars away, waste your time and be disappointed, you went with, "break the law, waste your time and be disappointed. 

That's just great.

Edited by Bufofrog

It is probably better to buy the girl some flowers which might not work, than to buy a book that certainly won't work

3 hours ago, dsfs said:

If they wrote untruths in books, clients would try these methods and if its didn't work, they would accuse these authors of writing untruths and that they would be forbidden to publish such books, but nothing like that happened.

The authors usually rely on the fact that, when you realise you have been made a fool of, you will be too embarrassed to take them to court.

2 hours ago, dsfs said:

So how does this work?

How does what work? You don't seem to be aware that sometimes books contain untruths. Now, you may consider yourself informed. Lots of books contain lots of bullshit. 

You're not gonna find a way to make yourself taller other than buying shoes with heels. Stop trying, or you'll just get taken advantage of by hucksters and snake oil salesmen, or worse... hurt. 

12 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

It is probably better to buy the girl some flowers which might not work, than to buy a book that certainly won't work

Flowers are amazing for their ability to break ice. When you present them, the look on the person's face tells you the next step.

16 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

The authors usually rely on the fact that, when you realise you have been made a fool of, you will be too embarrassed to take them to court.

They learned from the precedent set by the penis enlargement industry, another fine example of Truth in Advertising. 

I've always been alone and I'm still a cherry boy. I also don't have a job. I just sit at home and I'm furious that even drunks are more successful with women. When I leave the house, the villains from school chase me (who beat me at school a long time ago) If I had a taller height, I would have had everything easier. The villains would back off and I would be alone.

Often it is always worth being at least 190 cm tall or even 2 meters tall. There are single girls, maybe even virgins that nobody wants because they are too tall and if she had over 180, I would have lost even if she had a nice character and I would have to look for short ladies, but they have been children for a long time and besieged by other peasants, but if I was a giant and macked on to a very tall girl, I would not have much competition.

You're never going to change your height. It's not gonna happen. Stop trying. Stop thinking about it. Stop ruminating. It's not healthy. You are how tall you are ever going to be unless you put on shoes with heels. End program.

You can, however, change your fitness level, and you can change your mindset and you can engage in activities that make you a better human. Focus on the things you can change, not pie in the sky dreams like growing a 3rd arm or having lasers that shoot out of your eyes (the equivalent of trying to force your body to be taller).

Right now, it's almost certainly your lack of self-confidence and lack of realistic understanding of the world you live in that's likely most unappealing to the girls you wish to include in your life. If you don't like yourself, then why would they ever like you? Start there... accept who you are and improve yourself in ways that can be improved.

Girls aren't aliens. They are really not different than you are and they feel the same feelings you do. Often they tend to appreciate others who are self-aware, kind, and focused on making themselves better. That could be you, even if the only way you can get there is with some help and/or therapy. No shame needed. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Girls aren't aliens. They are really not different than you are and they feel the same feelings you do. Often they tend to appreciate others who are self-aware, kind, and focused on making themselves better. That could be you, even if the only way you can get there is with some help and/or therapy. No shame needed. 

Quite a number of chaps seem to put women on an insurmountable pedestal. I wonder how much exposure to certain types of ads and programmes create this mindset.

18 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Quite a number of chaps seem to put women on an insurmountable pedestal. I wonder how much exposure to certain types of ads and programmes create this mindset.

Indeed, or lack of exposure to actual females. Your point of them often becoming caricatures in the minds of young "chaps" is spot on.

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Quite a number of chaps seem to put women on an insurmountable pedestal. 

Indeed. It seems romantic to romanticize them. These chaps require certain behavior around women, which they're more than willing to abide by if the women would give them a chance. But they also make far too many assumptions about women for someone who doesn't speak to them.

The drunken slob is unworthy, yet he has no problems making women smile. A side effect of drinking too much can be exposing honest feelings, and if you're even halfway into someone, it can be powerfully attractive when they share like that.

If you don't simply talk to a woman as a person, you might imagine she admires that tall guy she's looking up to. If you actually talk to her, you might find out that guy gives her a pain in the neck. 

Ultimately, the pedestal is insurmountable because we don't try to climb it. We're trying to jump up there all at once. That's what ends up making women nervous. A slow climb, getting to know the terrain as you go, is best. With people of any gender, talking to them and listening to what they have to say is the best way to get to know them. As a great astronaut once said, you can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle! Like woman, I am a mystery.

The OP is nearly 6' 3" and I'm 5' 8"... PLEEEASE HELP ME!!! Where can I find some 7" booster shoes? Seriously, at the height the OP is, what proportion of women is he excluded from because he's "too short"? If I had the hots for a 2m woman and I had competition from a 2m man, I would still have a go because height may not be on her list of top priorities. The only way to find out is to try.

Edited by StringJunky

On 2/7/2021 at 10:25 PM, dsfs said:

I never spoke to her.

I don't know her exact height.

Height differences are not nearly so obvious when you are both lying down. Just something to keep in mind.

Now, as to how to increase your height at your age, there is a simple solution. I believe it is fullproof. Go into space and spend some time in microgravity. You will stretch a few centimetres. Of course you lose it after returning to Earth, but you might stay tall just long enough to go talk to her. And perhaps she'll be impressed enough by your experiences as an astronaut she will overlook (pun intended) your height.

3 minutes ago, dsfs said:

Why does Zac Efron look much taller than Robert DeNiro in the photos when Zac Efron is 173 cm and Robert DeNiro 177 cm?

Can you explain it to me rationally?

Efron is in the foreground, DeNiro a pace back, so the perspective makes him seem taller. Also, look at DeNiro's shoulders (uneven) and his tie (also uneven) which suggest he's slumping a bit to the side, probably because he has his left arm up around Pesci's shoulders.

Want more? Efron's suit lines are showing a single color, which makes you look taller, and it's white as well so it stands out. DeNiro is breaking up his tailoring lines with an open coat and a lighter shirt, so his height looks broken up as well.

And it's obvious that Efron's got about an inch and a half taller hair than DiNiro. Why, did you think there's a height conspiracy going on in Hollywood? 

I always thought that whoever has the top of his head in the pictures is taller and I didn't take into account the perspective.

Does a person of Danny DeVito's height of 147 cm have a chance to meet a shorter (adult) woman?

Edited by dsfs

9 minutes ago, dsfs said:

Does a person of Danny DeVito's height of 147 cm have a chance to meet a shorter (adult) woman?

Great question!  What do you think?  Is it possible that there are women shorter than 147 cm and if that is possible, is there any possibility he could meet them.  Gosh, I don't know!?  This thread is just so gosh darn compelling!

Just now, dsfs said:

From 6'0 it is far to 6'3

Approximately .000000000000000008054346 light-years.

But since it's an impossible thing to attempt, you can't be blamed for failing, right? So at least you've got that going for you.

Which is nice.

34 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Approximately .000000000000000008054346 light-years.

I don't understand.

34 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

But since it's an impossible thing to attempt, you can't be blamed for failing, right? So at least you've got that going for you.

Which is nice.

How many centimeters tall would I be if I had been taking growth hormones a long time ago? Have I screwed up?

Edited by dsfs

43 minutes ago, dsfs said:

From 6'0 it is far to 6'3

You are 3 inches closer than I am... I have 7 inches to go. You are 6ft, you can pull a 6'3" lady if that is what you like, without any bodily manipulation. It's an issue of your own construction because you don't want to really try. imo

4 minutes ago, dsfs said:

I don't understand.

3 inches is about .00004734848 miles, .0000761999921971 kilometers, or 76200000000 picometers.

2 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

You are 3 inches closer than I am... I have 7 inches to go. 

But you've got that whole Sean Bean gorgeousness thing going on, so height isn't as much of an issue for you. Or maybe you just don't let it bother you because it's a shallow POV and you wouldn't want a woman that thought it was more important than, say, your heart and mind.