Does smoking's smoke helps kill Corona virus

fredreload

....Tobacco smoking is a known risk factor for many respiratory infections and increases the severity of respiratory diseases. A review of studies by public health experts convened by WHO on 29 April 2020 found that smokers are more likely to develop severe disease with COVID-19, compared to non-smokers.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease that primarily attacks the lungs. Smoking impairs lung function making it harder for the body to fight off coronaviruses and other diseases. Tobacco is also a major risk factor for noncommunicable diseases like cardiovascular disease, cancer, respiratory disease and diabetes which put people with these conditions at higher risk for developing severe illness when affected by COVID-19. Available research suggests that smokers are at higher risk of developing severe disease and death......

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-05-2020-who-statement-tobacco-use-and-covid-19

All is true but perhaps breathing in controlled non-tobacco fumes could create therapeutic effect to the lungs? All is true but perhaps the first step in avoiding fire hazard is to avoid breathing in the fumes. Sorry that I mention this sort of jokingly before

5 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

So the second step would be not to get burned? 

Ya, well, jokes aside. The fumes generated from burning charcoal or tobacco would contain acetaldehyde which could have antiviral effect(speculation). Thing is I am not sure what corona virus do to the lungs and if inhaling low concentration of acetaldehyde would have a therapeutic effect in killing the virus in the lungs. That is a long shot. I do not worry too much because I think I am immune to the virus

4 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Ya, well, jokes aside. The fumes generated from burning charcoal or tobacco would contain acetaldehyde which could have antiviral effect(speculation).

!

Moderator Note

It's not a proper speculation if you don't bother to search for supportive evidence. It's a WAG, and not what we're looking for. Pony up, or this gets shut down quick.

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

It's not a proper speculation if you don't bother to search for supportive evidence. It's a WAG, and not what we're looking for. Pony up, or this gets shut down quick.

I do not have anything, you are free to close it