Spectrophotometr Hach DR 3900 - hangs on startup

Greg007

This is my first post, I heartily treat all users, :-)

Spectrophotometr Hach DR 3900 - hangs on startup. I do not have a service manual - maybe someone has? I replaced the lithium battery on PCB and pressed the restart button - no change. Any suggestions?

Regards 

20210114_203258.jpg

57 minutes ago, Greg007 said:

This is my first post, I heartily treat all users, :-)

Spectrophotometr Hach DR 3900 - hangs on startup. I do not have a service manual - maybe someone has? I replaced the lithium battery on PCB and pressed the restart button - no change. Any suggestions?

Regards 

When I used to service/repair instrumentation as part of my business I could put up with inadequate initial fault reports since I was being paid to fix things.

Here at SF we are not paid.

Another member here tried to be helpful (+1) as the user manual contains troubleshooting advice and does indeed list and offer advice on similar circumstances.

So how about a proper fault report, starting with

Hs this machine ever worked ?

If so when and how did it go wrong ?

What have you tried apart from battery replacement?
Have you for instance tried any of the troubleshooting proceedures listed in the manual ?

I guess I got misunderstood, sorry for my English. I didn't mean that StringJunky didn't help me, just that there is nothing in the user manual about a crash at startup - Section 8 Troubleshooting.

The spectrophotometer worked for several years and it happened once that it crashed (for no apparent reason), but after switching it on / off several times, it started working. Now it freezes always.

• 7 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 11:48 PM, Greg007 said:

Thank you for the link, but this is the user's manual. There are no helpful comments for this situation.

Dear Sir

Could you find any solution for your problem?
Also I have faced with same problem.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.