Is YOUR child a Hacker?!!

Newtonian

As a modern parent, I try to be as involved as possible in the lives of my six children. I attend their teen parties with them to ensure no drinking or alcohol is on the premises. I keep a fatherly eye on the CDs they listen to and the shows they watch. My children have never failed to make me proud.

As parents do we decided to aid with our childrens education by purchasing a computer. The kids had a lot of fun using the handful of application programs we'd bought, such as Adobe's Photoshop and Microsoft's Word, and my wife and I were happy we had made the decision

Our son Terence was most entranced by the device, and became quite a pro at surfing the net. But he began to spend whole days on the machine, I became concerned, My wife advised me not to worry it was only a passing phase. Hoever our youngest daughter,Sarah, one night to blurt out: "Terence is a hacker!"

I was shocked. A computer hacker in my own house! I began to monitor my son's habits, was Sarah just telling tales!!.

After some research into computer hacking, I confronted Terence with the evidence. I'm afraid to say, this was the only time I have ever been truly disappointed in one of my children. We raised them to be honest and to have integrity, and Terence betrayed the principles we tried to encourage in him, when he refused point blank to admit to his activities. His denials continued for hours, and in the end, I was left with no choice but to ban him from using the computer until he is old enough to be responsible for his actions.

After going through this ordeal with my own family, I was left pondering how I could best help others in similar situations. I'd gained a lot of knowledge over those few days regarding hackers. It's only right that I provide that information to other parents, in the hope that they will be able to tell if their children are being drawn into the world of hacking.

To this end, I have decided to publish the top ten signs that your son is a hacker. I advise any parents to read this list carefully and if their son matches the profile, they should take action. A smart parent will first try to reason with their son, before resorting to groundings, or even spanking. I pride myself that I have never had to spank a child, and I hope this guide will help other parents to put a halt to their son's misbehaviour before a spanking becomes necessary.

1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

Most families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL. These providers have a strict "No Hacking" policy, and take careful measures to ensure that your internet experience is enjoyable, educational and above all legal. If your child is becoming a hacker, one of his first steps will be to request a change to a more hacker friendly provider.

I would advise all parents to refuse this request. One of the reasons your son is interested in switching providers is to get away from AOL's child safety filter. This filter is vital to any parent who wants his son to enjoy the internet without the endangering him through exposure to "adult material"

2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?

Your son will probably try to install some hacker software. He may attempt to conceal the presence of the software in some way, but you can usually find any new programs by reading through the programs listed under "Install/Remove Programs" in your control panel. Popular hacker software includes "Gator", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

The best option is to confront your son early with the evidence, and force him to remove the offending programs. He will probably try to install the software again, but you will be able to tell that this is happening, if your machine offers to "download" one of the hacker applications. If this happens, it is time to give your son a stern talking to.

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. Is your son starts requesting these devices.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of Intel processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that Intel processor makers, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip!

4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

If you pay close attention to your son's reading habits, as I do, you will be able to determine a great deal about his opinions and hobbies. Children are at their most impressionable in the teenage years. Any father who has had a seventeen year old daughter attempt to sneak out on a date wearing make up and perfume is well aware of the effect that improper influences can have on inexperienced minds.

There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

If you find any of these hacking manuals in your child's possession, confiscate them immediately.

5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours. If your son is doing this, he is breaking the law, and you should stop him immediately. The safest policy is to limit your children's access to the computer to a maximum of forty-five minutes each day.

6. Does your son use Doom 3 ?

Doom is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Doom, you should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

7. Is your son becoming argumentative and surly in his social behaviour?

As a child enters the electronic world of hacking, he may become disaffected with the real world. He may lose the ability to control his actions, or judge the rightness or wrongness of a course of behaviour. This will manifest itself soonest in the way he treats others. Those whom he disagrees with will be met with scorn, bitterness, and even foul language. He may utter threats of violence of a real or electronic nature.

Even when confronted, your son will probably find it difficult to talk about this problem to you. He will probably claim that there is no problem, and that you are imagining things. He may tell you that it is you who has the problem, and you should "back off" and "stop smothering him." Do not allow yourself to be deceived. You are the only chance your son has.

8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks. (I have no idea why they do this) There are many such hackers in schools today, and your son may have started to associate with them. If you notice that your son's group of friends includes people dressed like this, it is time to think about a severe curfew, to protect him from dangerous influences.

10. Is your son struggling academically?

If your son is failing courses in school, or performing poorly on sports teams, he may be involved in a hacking group, such as the infamous "Otaku" hacker association. Excessive time spent on the computer, communicating with his fellow hackers may cause temporary damage to the eyes and brain RSI, from the electromagnetic radiation. In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases. For the sake of your child's mental and physical health, you must put a stop to his hacking, and limit his computer time drastically.

I encourage all parents to read through this guide carefully. Your child's future may depend upon it. Hacking is an illegal and dangerous activity, that may land your child in prison, and tear your family apart. It cannot be taken too seriously.Your comments please??

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

rofl rofl rofl lollolololol

where'd you find that list? its hilarious

just in case you weren't kidding (which I certainly hope is the case) you should know that that list is impossibly innaccurate, hilariously so in fact

if you weren't kidding I'll be happy to provide a long and detailed post refuting every point, I actually hope you aren't kidding just so I can refute it.

I can't contain myself anymore.

1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

Most families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL. These providers have a strict "No Hacking" policy, and take careful measures to ensure that your internet experience is enjoyable, educational and above all legal. If your child is becoming a hacker, one of his first steps will be to request a change to a more hacker friendly provider.

I would advise all parents to refuse this request. One of the reasons your son is interested in switching providers is to get away from AOL's child safety filter. This filter is vital to any parent who wants his son to enjoy the internet without the endangering him through exposure to "adult material"

your son wanted you to change ISP's because AOL's child safety guards are notoriously over-protective, furthermore their part of the AOL browser and are in now way limited to AOL. Most ISP's have better performance than AOL in terms of bandwith, and most internet browsers are superior to AOL's. No ISP will aid would or for that matter could aid hackers, hackers have the effect of clogging up the internet "pipelines" and slowing the ISP down, causing them to lose their customers. Furthermore there is no way an ISP could aid hackers even if it desired to.

2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?

Your son will probably try to install some hacker software. He may attempt to conceal the presence of the software in some way, but you can usually find any new programs by reading through the programs listed under "Install/Remove Programs" in your control panel. Popular hacker software includes "Gator", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

The best option is to confront your son early with the evidence, and force him to remove the offending programs. He will probably try to install the software again, but you will be able to tell that this is happening, if your machine offers to "download" one of the hacker applications. If this happens, it is time to give your son a stern talking to.

none of those programs are hacker programs

here are the companies that make those programs websites

flash.com

(couldn't find the bonzai link because there are to many people complaining about it on google)

gainpublishing.com

The presence of gain on your computer is proof positive that your son is not hacking, as any person well versed in computers will seek out and destroy this program with extreme prejudice, as it is responsible for an unstoppable barage of popups, and performance decreases.

i'm suprised you assumed that these were hacker programs before looking into it

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. Is your son starts requesting these devices.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of Intel processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that Intel processor makers, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip!

AMD currently has superior technology to that of intel and intel is currently trying to make chips similar to AMD's designs. AMD is based in sunnydale california (referenc AMD.com) they currently manufacture most of their chips in germany, and also like intel use milasia for much of their chip manufacture. The electronics industry has no use for sweatshop labor because all of the manufacturing requires highly skilled labor forces (you need a degree to work at these factories). AMD chips are currently built into IBM, HP, compaq, and soon Dell computers. You can check that by going to these companies websites or just going down to your local best buy

4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

If you pay close attention to your son's reading habits, as I do, you will be able to determine a great deal about his opinions and hobbies. Children are at their most impressionable in the teenage years. Any father who has had a seventeen year old daughter attempt to sneak out on a date wearing make up and perfume is well aware of the effect that improper influences can have on inexperienced minds.

There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

If you find any of these hacking manuals in your child's possession, confiscate them immediately.

there are no published books on how to hack. The books that had hacker written on them were most likely history books on hacking, as it is a fascinating subject.

The book on pearl however is a programming language book, You should be very proud of your son for reading this as it shows he is both inteligent, and could have a carreer in the IT field.

5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours. If your son is doing this, he is breaking the law, and you should stop him immediately. The safest policy is to limit your children's access to the computer to a maximum of forty-five minutes each day.

DOSing has nothing to do with the dos prompt, it instead has to do with something called a denial of service attack. This is done by writing a virus and distributing it to a wide range of computers, at a set time the virus activates and causes all infected computers to try and access a specified server or web site. The goal is to have the website not be able to handle all of the requests and force it to temporarily close down. A DOS attack could be just as easily launched in 5 minutes as it could be in 8 hours.

6. Does your son use Doom 3 ?

Doom is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Doom, you should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

doom3 is a game nothing more. its true that the game is excessively violent (towards hordes of zombies) and qualifies a first person shooter. the game has sold millions upon millions of copies and so far i have never met anyone adversly effected by it. most likely all of the boys at your sons school and about half of the girls have played the game, a large portion of those have probably played it regularly. unless your son does not have an already present mental condition there is nothing to fear from him playing the game.

7. Is your son becoming argumentative and surly in his social behaviour?

As a child enters the electronic world of hacking, he may become disaffected with the real world. He may lose the ability to control his actions, or judge the rightness or wrongness of a course of behaviour. This will manifest itself soonest in the way he treats others. Those whom he disagrees with will be met with scorn, bitterness, and even foul language. He may utter threats of violence of a real or electronic nature.

Even when confronted, your son will probably find it difficult to talk about this problem to you. He will probably claim that there is no problem, and that you are imagining things. He may tell you that it is you who has the problem, and you should "back off" and "stop smothering him." Do not allow yourself to be deceived. You are the only chance your son has.

its called being a teenager, it is a genetic imperitave that teenagers be rebelious, its what forced humans to migrate out of africa, but I will leave the psychological aspects of this to those who are better versed in it than me. Suffice it to say the "problem" is very similar to the one of Rock and Roll, many parents in the 60's felt that there youth was being corrupted by this, in the 70's-90's it was the punk movement that was corrupting the children and prior to all this it was the jazz movement. now its electronic entertainment, I would seriously suggest that you may in fact be smothering your child.

just to go on a rant here, in my family it is perfectly normal for children 14 and up to be given a glass of wine or a beer at dinner, my parents have always been very open about drugs and what they did when they were kids, my father openly admits to having smoked marijuana (and a number of otherthings as well), and in the end I do not feel any overiding urge to go out and get drunk or high or anything of the sort. It is a basic tennant to desire that which you cannot have. In fact the only friends that I have who really get in trouble with illicit substances have parents who don't allow them such freedoms normally. extreme measures provoke extreme responses.

anyway, moving on

8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

linux is a perfectly legal operating system and sold on many IBM and HP servers. I currently am using it on my computer right now. it is superior to windows in many ways, one of them that I shall mention now is that in the 6 months its been on my computer I havn't shut my computer off once, I have zero viruses, and I have gotten 0 popups.

The rest of the information in that paragraph is not true either, I would suggest looking those programs up on wikipedia.org to get the truth of it. also look up linus (how do you spell his last name) on wikipedia. now the only thing about linux that you should be worried about is that if your son doesn't know what he's doing he could screw up your computer a bit in installing linux for a dual boot, and if its a family machine he shouldn't install it as the sole operating system, as it isn't readily compatible with most windows programs, you may want to consider buying your son an old computer (to the tune of $100-200 or less) linux doesn't need much to run on , the computer I'm running on right now has the following hardware

compaq presario 5000 (it was inherited when a friend got a new computer)

AMD athalon 900mhz chip (roughly equivalent to a 900mhz pentium 3)

128 MB of ram

20 GB hard drive (in six months I've only used about 5

integrated graphics card (games don't really work on linux without alot of work to make them compatible)

I still have a windows computer that I use for gaming, but for work and general browsing I use my linux comp.

One other advantage of linux is that it, its software, and anything else for linux is free :D , this is acomplished because linux is open source (if you want I can go into more detail on this point)

You should also know that unless the computer only beeps at youm you can fix it on your own. Most people who you would take your computer to to get fixed will charge you $100 or more to have it sit in their office for a week or few and then give it back to you and tell you its fixed. If there is a real noticeable problem on the computer (for instance your only getting the blue screen of death) then they will reinstall windows (something that takes less than 5 minutes of work). You could get a similar effect for free by calling microsoft and having them walk you through whatever problem it is your having

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks. (I have no idea why they do this) There are many such hackers in schools today, and your son may have started to associate with them. If you notice that your son's group of friends includes people dressed like this, it is time to think about a severe curfew, to protect him from dangerous influences.

Most hackers preffered dress color is black or anything else suitably nerdy. The dress code you seem to be describing is punk. and like I said before you should allow your son freedom in his social and to a certain extent his home life (I in no way advocate free reign households, the effect this has on children is quite horrible). and I shall say again extreme measures provoke extreme responses in children.

also a sudden change in dress code is bound to happen in high school at one point or anouther, high school and middle school are the time periods where people start trying to find the place in life where they feel at home, this ongoing search will provoke one or more sharp changes in lifestyle and or appearance as they try to either follow the crowd or define themselves in some way

10. Is your son struggling academically?

If your son is failing courses in school, or performing poorly on sports teams, he may be involved in a hacking group, such as the infamous "Otaku" hacker association. Excessive time spent on the computer, communicating with his fellow hackers may cause temporary damage to the eyes and brain RSI, from the electromagnetic radiation. In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases. For the sake of your child's mental and physical health, you must put a stop to his hacking, and limit his computer time drastically.

this is not true, computer monitors are very well shielded from the EM radiation that is produced inside. meningitis is a condition involving the build up of fluid in the brain and or spinal cord (nothing to do with computer usage). you might want to know that some apple programmers used to work 90 hours a week infront of a computer moniter, and their all fine.

One last point and then I'm going to bed. In recent years IQ scores have increased in the United States, the cause? computer gaming. The fast reaction times required in first person shooters and other games force the brain to think faster and thus increasing the IQ

--------------------------------------

If you want an elaboration on any section or references I will be happy to provide benchmarks articles or anything else you need.

sorry for the horrible grammar and spelling its 4:48 here and I'm dead tired

and if you still believe that linux (not lunix) is illegal, my name is james clabourn moore feel free to report me to the FBI

I certainly do hope that none of that sounded like flaming, as I in no way intended it to

I think it was a Joke, a very good one. At first I thought he was being serious but when I got to the AMD part and next Linux, I started to realize it was. My favorite part was Linux.

Can I reproduce it elseware, pleease?

As a modern parent, I try to be as involved as possible in the lives of my six children. I attend their teen parties with them to ensure no drinking or alcohol is on the premises. I keep a fatherly eye on the CDs they listen to and the shows they watch. My children have never failed to make me proud.

It was after reading this that my immediate response was, "I sure hope this is a joke." By the time I got down to the stuff about "lunix" I was pretty sure it was a joke.

On that line, you ARE joking, right?

Kinda weird sense of humor. But it was pretty funny. And that whole thing about video games creating violence is total bull and it drives me nuts to hear it! Which just makes it all the funnier - in retrospect, at least.

DOSing has nothing to do with the dos prompt, it instead has to do with something called a denial of service attack. This is done by writing a virus and distributing it to a wide range of computers, at a set time the virus activates and causes all infected computers to try and access a specified server or web site.
That's not quite 100% correct. What you are describing (where several computers are instructed to attack one target) is a DDoS (distributed denial of service), as opposed to a DoS which is where the attack comes from a single source.

</nitpicking>

or

[/nitpicking]

depending on which language you wish to work in, a web format seeing as you are on the web or a VB format seeing as you are on a VB forum... you can work out the binary one yourself!

Can I reproduce it elseware, pleease?

Why are you asking him? It's all over the internet, past the point where many sites/emails credit the original.

Newtonian plagiarized it. Given that it may have been uncredited means you can't name the author, but one should at least mention that it's not original work. An "emailed to be" or "gleaned from the internet" at the very least.

I didn't find it very funny so kinda took it seriously, but then it was a bit overprotective, well, "a bit" is an understatement. However it happens.

And what kinda idiot would use AOL?!?

And I always want new hardware.

And spend ages on my computer

And doom3 doesnt equal hacker!

Plenty of people use Linux normally (ie. withouth hacking)

And most hackers don't care what they look like seeing as they act via a computer, not in person.

This bit was my favorite :D

Doom is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms.

Why are you asking him? It's all over the internet' date=' past the point where many sites/emails credit the original.

Newtonian plagiarized it. Given that it may have been uncredited means you can't name the author, but one should at least mention that it's not original work. An "emailed to be" or "gleaned from the internet" at the very least.

Yeah, I spose I shoulda thought to cut a little bit out and run a google search for the exact wording, always works for these copy/paste thingies, and I gotta say, on that site you link to, there's soo many replies all saying the same as us, joke/rubbish.

Calbitero,

If it was a joke, you have a rather weird sense of humor. But it was mildly entertaining. And that whole thing about video games creating violence is total bull and it drives me nuts to hear it!

Its a joke, its been around for years. Type "is your child a hacker" into Google, and you get almost 2,000,000 hits.

Its funny because the person who wrote it is insanely computer illiterate (i.e. claiming that "Lunix" was based on the Microsoft software "Xenix", and claiming the AMD chips are inferior to Intel).

Dont question the joke, just laugh.

In other news, here is how to tell if your kid is not a hacker:

1) He communicates in l33t

2) He calls himself a l33t h@><0r (or if he's a girl - or wants to be really badly -, a ch1><0r)

3) Uses file sharing programmings to search for keyloggers to put on friends computers

4) Has used "WindowsNuke"

5) Claims to "program in binary"

6) Claims to have "hacked into the Pentagon"

7) Cant install Linux

8) Thinks programming a TI-83 makes him a computer programmer

9) Is a registered Republican

10) Uses Windows98

Why are you asking him? It's all over the internet' date=' past the point where many sites/emails credit the original.

Well Mr Funkiller, if you read the original,you will have realised the point WAS NOT mentioning it was a fake.Kinda would have took the fun out of it dont you think??

Its purpose was to see exactly how many numbty's would reply as if it was serious,and how many would have a good laugh by not being fooled.

Reading the thread most people would agree it was hilarious.....but no need to thank me for bringing a little fun to the threads,it was a pleasure! :):)

Its a joke' date=' its been around for years. Type "is your child a hacker" into Google, and you get almost 2,000,000 hits.

Its funny because the person who wrote it is insanely computer illiterate (i.e. claiming that "Lunix" was based on the Microsoft software "Xenix", and claiming the AMD chips are inferior to Intel).

Dont question the joke, just laugh.[/quote']

Yep. Swansont showed this fine. It's kinda hard to tell - I still can't tell if the original (or at least the one he showed) is satire or not. That entire forum seems to be composed of a) insanely overprotective parents, and b) those people who feel the need to "re-enlighten" (ie laugh at) the insanely overprotective parents.

In other news, here is how to tell if your kid is not a hacker:

1) He communicates in l33t

2) He calls himself a l33t h@><0r (or if he's a girl - or wants to be really badly -, a ch1><0r)

3) Uses file sharing programmings to search for keyloggers to put on friends computers

4) Has used "WindowsNuke"

5) Claims to "program in binary"

6) Claims to have "hacked into the Pentagon"

7) Cant install Linux

8) Thinks programming a TI-83 makes him a computer programmer

9) Is a registered Republican

10) Uses Windows98

Lol. Or, he has AOL. [Edit: sad thing is, I (used to) know kids who fall under almost all of the above.]

Well Mr Funkiller' date=' if you read the original,you will have realised the point WAS NOT mentioning it was a fake.Kinda would have took the fun out of it dont you think??

Its purpose was to see exactly how many numbty's would reply as if it was serious,and how many would have a good laugh by not being fooled.

Reading the thread most people would agree it was hilarious.....but no need to thank me for bringing a little fun to the threads,it was a pleasure! :):)[/quote']

Saying you had seen it elsewhere or that it's not original work does not mean that it's "fake."

Perhaps a wrong choice of wording on my part(fake).Though not to continue discussing your grasp of understanding a wind up,with endless posts.And wasting my time may i add,

in simply to understand language

When posting a wind up(you appear unfamiliar with this concept).It is imperrative that you dont give the game away at the outset with little clues like "this was gleaned from the internet" or "hello this is a TFM radio DJ,im Mr Smith from the council,unfortunately your house is blocking sunlight from your neighbours property.In accordance with law we must inform you to arrange for said property to be moved 4 feet further north within 14 days.If the work has not been carried out we will have seek an order to demolish".

--------------------

The purpose of the post was achieved.The cleverer folk seen right through it,it trapped a few over serious numbty's(which would have been more before Mr Logic....oh thats you btw posted)

Mr Logic(alias Swansont)...is a character from the VIZ who is humourless, friendless and emotionless. His only purpose in life is to correct people in their grammar, knowledge or intention when they speak.

Evidently these people actually exist as you have demonstrated.

Perhaps a wrong choice of wording on my part(fake).Though not to continue discussing your grasp of understanding a wind up' date='with endless posts.And wasting my time may i add,

in simply to understand language

When posting a wind up(you appear unfamiliar with this concept).It is imperrative that you dont give the game away at the outset with little clues like "this was gleaned from the internet" or "hello this is a TFM radio DJ,im Mr Smith from the council,unfortunately your house is blocking sunlight from your neighbours property.In accordance with law we must inform you to arrange for said property to be moved 4 feet further north within 14 days.If the work has not been carried out we will have seek an order to demolish".

--------------------

The purpose of the post was achieved.The cleverer folk seen right through it,it trapped a few over serious numbty's(which would have been more before Mr Logic....oh thats you btw posted)

Mr Logic(alias Swansont)...is a character from the VIZ who is humourless, friendless and emotionless. His only purpose in life is to correct people in their grammar, knowledge or intention when they speak.

Evidently these people actually exist as you have demonstrated.[/quote']

Yes, humourless. Ah, you know me so well. (I do love irony, though)

The big difference between what you did and a wind-up such as the one you describe is originality and creativity.