How should I set about actually learning science?

apples-and-bees

hey! i'm really interested in science and math, and learning more about the two subjects - BUT, i don't think i've ever actually learned (what i mean by that is that i'm able to remember and use the info later on after a test or whatever) science/math properly, and was wondering what you guys would suggest as resources to learn or how i should go about relearning all this stuff. thanks!!

I second Sensei's comment on books. Without any background perhaps start with a good highschool or first-semester level textbook and perhaps a good popular science book (best if written from an actual expert in the topic). For starters these provide more background and context that allows you to become familiar with terms and concepts and generally provide more context. It still requires interest and work, of course. If what you read is not in any way interesting to you, you will quickly forget. Learning is an active process that is driven by self-motivation.

Apples and bees huh ?

Welcome.

My suggestion would be to decide what area of Science interests you  and try some activity/experiments, rather than going directly to thinking in the abstract.

Electronics ?      Build and modify few simple circuits to find out how they work.

Life Sciences ?  Do some gardening, get a microcscope dissect some things.

Chemistry  ? Find out some common chemicals and do some experiments. Ask yourself why things are the colour they are etc.

Physics    ?   Get hold of The Book of Experiments  by Leonardo De Vries. Fantastic fun.

Let us know where your interest lies so we can suggest some more activities.

:-)