Hall Of Good People

Clara

actualy, I wanted to keep out of this thread in way of nominating folks, in case it`s seem as favoritism and/or others get upset for Not being mentioned etc...

but from a personal perspective, the ones that have helped me or taught me the most since I`ve been here would have to be Glider and Swansont, I`ve Never had bad advice/data from these guys ever, they`re both a true asset to this place IMO, and I`m gratefull to them.

but from a personal perspective, the ones that have helped me or taught me the most since I`ve been here would have to be Glider and Swansont, I`ve Never had bad advice/data from these guys ever, they`re both a true asset to this place IMO, and I`m gratefull to them.
I spose that's a good perspective to come from.

I think it was probably YT2095 who got me to stay because it seemed cool!

And Sayo with his knowledge of HTML (which impressed me back then!)

And nowadays it'd have to Swansont... genius!

(And of course Blike for running this all... oh, and Lance for selling me ferrofluid!)

Otherwise like I said before, anyone willing to stay around here it nice/good!

Swansont always has a good sarcastic comment for all the people who post ridiculous questions, and a good sense of humour and quick mind is to be above all else admired. Same with Sayo, AP of course, and Yourdad.

<edit>Oh! and how can I forget Phi for All... his latest post in "Why are you Still Single?" has refreshed my memory about how funny he can be as well!</edit>

I think you should post the names of people that seem really intelligent, or have been good friends to you.
OK, my list (incomplete), in no particular order:

YT2095--epitomy of a man/father/friend, versatile intellect, down-to-earth.

Swansont--beautiful mind, funny in a hilarious sort of way, never condescending.

Sayonara³--massive mind, passionate without drooling, not too busy to be here with us.

Dr. Blike--young man with big dreams, incredibly caring, great legs.

Dave--incalculably smart, walks softly, carries a big cattle prod.

Coquina--Sweet, sexy, wise in the ways of science and practically everything else.

AzurePhoenix--bronzed goddess, youthful cynical well-read rebel, takes years off my age whenever I even think about her.

In My Memory--sharp as a very large box of tacks, would be justified in having an ego with it's own zip code (but doesn't, curiously), a whole bunch of beautiful.

Martin--so enormously smart, so ingenuously nice, so incredibly passionate about physics.

Bettina--unfailingly polite, astronomically intelligent, a tortured soul who brings out the big brother/sister in everyone.

Mokele--defines the word "unique", probably the most interesting person at any party, biting (reptile teeth) humor.

Dak--alweys funy, suprizinglee smart smart smart, purpussly mispels things so yu haf to reed his posts carefullly twise.

Certainly not a complete list, but I've work to do and these folks leapt to mind. ;)

Wow, for a sociopathic and tyrannical lunatic with a penchant for mad scheming (often with the intent of a major loss in human life and the destruction of civilization), I got a lovely number of mentions. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Except for Yourdad and Callipygous. You guys can burn in hell, and not regular hell, but the one that they send old people to when they're too useless to use as corn-farming slaves :P heheheh, My Memory called me sweet. Hehehe.

Oh, I'd like to add Dak to my list. He's an all-around good member. Nice, funny, smart. And Bettina. That girl's got a good heart.

*** And Callipygous, you can be sure, that if for some reason I ever did track you down, I would go a step further than your mailbox and hide scorpians in your shoes and underwear. That's if the pineapple doesn't come into play...

well... my take on that would be that we get plenty of idiot traffic (esp school hollidays) and they don`t last long, but the Good Guys are here to stay, thus when the fools lose it gets posted. as for the rest, well we just sit quietly in the background and enjoy the show :)

Wha, me? :embarass:

I'll nominate:

YT - his life is horrendously busy with his expanding family, but he's always in a cheery mood in #sfn and is such a laugh to talk to. There've been so many times when I've been grumpy in there and his quips and encouragement have cheered me up.

Lenale - because she's just freakin' cool. And she's my sister. Sort of. Well, that aside, there's a great amount of reassurance to be drawn from someone who a) lives in the same country as you, b) shares your faith, and c) is as much of a science nerd as you are.

Klaynos - because he also understands the Hell Of Exonian Hills, and because of his bizarre spelling.

mike90 - because he sat through about ten minutes of me ranting about atheist intolerance this morning and didn't totally flip :D

I'm sure there are other wonderful people, but these were the first four that sprang to mind.

Aw me really? Well after a bit more time here I have a bigger list: Lyssia, lenale, Lance Richardbatty, Yt, Klaynos, In My Memory, Bettina, Metafrizzics, Phi for all, Sayo, Glider,Clara, Azure, Coquina, Mokele, Swansont. Im sure im forgetting a bunch too. Most of you seem like pretty cool people =)

Geez....I'm blushing. I can't pick any names because everytime I start making a list I get afraid to leave someone out' date=' so I stop. I like all you guys. :)

Bettina[/quote']You're a natural born politician.

Phi-His intelligence and effectiveness as a mod.

Sayonara-His treatment of fools and trolls with that English wit akways makes my day.

Swansont-Funny guy, and incredibly smart.

Mokele-Extensive knowledge of my favorite sciences, has a funny, cutting way of insulting people.

In My Memory-Knows a little about everything, excellent poster and has a way of making it feel that your opinion matters, even if she may disagree.

Bettina-Don't post much in astronomy, but she is very nice.

Dak-Spelling errors aside (don't take it personal :)), very witty and smart poster.

dave-Nice guy, funny and smart.

Pangloss-Excellent politics poster, very even-handed. Makes me actually think more about my own political views.

thats all I can think of at the moment. I think everyone has good qualities worth listing here, unless you are a troll.