Correction hijack (Sharia in the US)

Salik Imran

Hello all,

I am only 13, but I would like to correct all of you about this issue.

1) Muhammed was persecuted! When he opened up Islam for the first time to the idol worshippers ,he was laughed at. When he prayed near the Kabah, he was humiliated and stoned. People threw rubbish over him and tried every avenue to stop him from practicing his beliefs. Does this sound like Jesus and the Jewish rabbis?

2)The Islamic Caliphate might be compatible?! I say this because of many things. Muslims are a peaceful folk. The Quran teaches us to have peace, and so does the Torah and the Bible. Unfortunately, in all religions, you get a few violent people. Just because ISIS or Al-Qaida do violence "IN THE NAME OF GOD" does not mean that the rest of the Muslims are responsible for it, called terrorists, and are mis-trusted. We do not even follow in their beliefs. Islamic Sharia covers all parts of live and it is not  necessarily all law. There are some recommendations based on the Qur'an and the Sunnah (prophet's way). 98% of it is things like regulations, how to eat properly, how to say Hi etc. Sharia is basically a way for life for all to get benefits for all. Only 2% of it gets all the attention in the press. There are punishments in the Quran for likes of stealing and adultery. This is because they are a deterrent and Muslims want to make everyone safe and happy from bandits. These extreme punishments act as a deterrent, but these are the last resort. In a TRUE Islamic court (not the nigerian or arab courts), for someone to be stoned to death for adultery, there need to be 4 witnesses to the actual event! Fines, probation and other things will be imposed before large punishments, and even then, they should happen almost never and are only a last resort to the Muslims.

Do not worry about your nativity plays! I know that Islam teaches that whatever religion, you should respect their customs, unless they are raping men and women. Muslim governments under Caliph rule will give funding to these things, like any other government. Free speech is allowed. This idea of Muslim 'tyranny' is false. This idea was created to create division in earlier Caliphate governments down and to be "free". With a government like this, you will be free to feed the cat and take granny to the cinema, without being interrogated by a imposing guard with a beard. Way before democracy and rights for women were established in America and european countries, it was thriving in the East! Also, women can be free. They are advised to cover, but they do not have to if they do not. Makeup is allowed in Islam! Unless the intention is to flirt of seduce a man, it is allowed up until the point where lage modifications are made unnecessarily. An operation to fix a Muslim's nose will be allowed if it is for medical or life-saving purposes. Note: This applies to Muslims, all others will e able to do this, and even Muslims will not be stopped if they want to change their nose or fun; this is in terms of what God said.

The reason why everyone is scared of a 'takeover' by 'Islamist tyranists' is because the governments are slowly distilling the fear into us. They make rules against the poor Muslims, and instruct the press to misuse the words  like Jihad to give a false impression. In the times of the Sultan Abdulhamid II, all races, sects, religions and ethnicities traded talked and had fun together in the capital of Istanbul. All aspects of life were respected. The way the taxes worked benefited everyone. The caliph would take money out of his own personal treasures to give extensively to the poor. All religions loved him and his way of doing things. Unfortunately, there were some that wanted to create division between the Sultan, the people and the world. They wrote bad about him in the press, did things to make the pubic lose their trust in this wonderful leader and made names for him, like the Red Sultan and the dictator when clearly he was not. They wanted to make the city "free" like Paris or Vienna, when it already was. This is because they wanted to control the public, like governments do today. After this, they wanted to spit all of the land up and give it to other countries, leaving Turkey surrounded This is what happened in Africa, Asia and the Middle-east. Today, look around you. France is banning the Burqa and denying homeschooling for Muslim children, China are brainwashing Uygur Muslim parents and children, and America have wreaked havoc in the middle-east. Britain and all countries of the european union have persecuted and Muslims and conquered Muslim lands to end the caliphate. Was it that bad? Now, they are making laws that affect Muslims, like PREVENT in Britain and actions in Scandinavian countries. The aim of this is to keep a new caliph from rising, and giving full control to the people. This part is secret, but it is true, because during periods with islamic rule, innovation arised, raw materials were put to good use to support infrastructure ad create more revenue than ever, and the people benefitted. It was a solution to poverty and food insecurity. So I do not see why people are scares.

Please read this, and contemplate about the situation of all the Muslims out there. After reading this, do you still think that we are bad, cruel and tyrants. There is more to write, but I have other things to do, so I will have to write more another time. If you have leaned something new from this post, please tell me and share with your family, so Islamic people,who have migrated to developed countries and payed taxes all their lives, can get the trust they finally deserve. I trust Muslims, so Why Don't you?

Yours sincerely,

Salik Imran, 13.

Also, can all of you tell me who is Muslim, as you all sound like Muslims, but are saying some things that contradict their way of life. This would be appreciated.

Edited by Salik Imran

46 minutes ago, Salik Imran said:

The Islamic Caliphate might be compatible?!

Every country that is a theocracy or has a state sponsored religion ends up persecuting to some extent people who practice a religion that is not the state sponsored religion.  Religion should not be sponsored by the state, it is a dangerous path.  Some people say the laws in the USA are based on bible but that is clearly false.

The Western world has been trying to separate Democratic Government from Religion, for hundreds of years.
And many members who are defending Sharia Law, also oppose the large influence Southern Baptists have over the current American Government.

I do not agree with the way things are done in many other countries, simply because it's their 'way of life'.
It can be 'wrong' ( to me ) even if it is their heritage; and why I choose not to live there ( as do many of their people ).

Hi MigL,

Even if you do not like the ruler, he will respect your opinion, unless you try to kill him. Even then, he might forgive you; you never know. Can you explain the rest of your comment. I don't understand.

1 hour ago, Bufofrog said:

Every country that is a theocracy or has a state sponsored religion ends up persecuting to some extent people who practice a religion that is not the state sponsored religion.  Religion should not be sponsored by the state, it is a dangerous path.  Some people say the laws in the USA are based on bible but that is clearly false.

I get what you are saying, but let me tell you something. While Europe was lost in the Dark ages, the Middle-East and the lands that were under Caliphate rule were going through its golden age. Chemistry, algebra and trigonometry were invented, european scholars flocked to the great islamic institutions and universities to learn and translate Islamic science journals into their own language, and people came to have a better education and life under the Caliphate. This is because Islam covers many, if not all, aspects of life and how to live it.

Edited by Salik Imran

2 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

Hello all,

1) Muhammed was persecuted! When he opened up Islam for the first time to the idol worshippers ,he was laughed at. When he prayed near the Kabah, he was humiliated and stoned. People threw rubbish over him and tried every avenue to stop him from practicing his beliefs. Does this sound like Jesus and the Jewish rabbis?

2)The Islamic Caliphate might be compatible?! I say this because of many things. Muslims are a peaceful folk. The Quran teaches us to have peace, and so does the Torah and the Bible. Unfortunately, in all religions, you get a few violent people. Just because ISIS or Al-Qaida do violence "IN THE NAME OF GOD" does not mean that the rest of the Muslims are responsible for it, called terrorists, and are mis-trusted. We do not even follow in their beliefs. Islamic Sharia covers all parts of live and it is not  necessarily all law. There are some recommendations based on the Qur'an and the Sunnah (prophet's way). 98% of it is things like regulations, how to eat properly, how to say Hi etc. Sharia is basically a way for life for all to get benefits for all. Only 2% of it gets all the attention in the press. There are punishments in the Quran for likes of stealing and adultery. This is because they are a deterrent and Muslims want to make everyone safe and happy from bandits. These extreme punishments act as a deterrent, but these are the last resort. In a TRUE Islamic court (not the nigerian or arab courts), for someone to be stoned to death for adultery, there need to be 4 witnesses to the actual event! Fines, probation and other things will be imposed before large punishments, and even then, they should happen almost never and are only a last resort to the Muslims.

Do not worry about your nativity plays! I know that Islam teaches that whatever religion, you should respect their customs, unless they are raping men and women. Muslim governments under Caliph rule will give funding to these things, like any other government. Free speech is allowed. This idea of Muslim 'tyranny' is false. This idea was created to create division in earlier Caliphate governments down and to be "free". With a government like this, you will be free to feed the cat and take granny to the cinema, without being interrogated by a imposing guard with a beard. Way before democracy and rights for women were established in America and european countries, it was thriving in the East! Also, women can be free. They are advised to cover, but they do not have to if they do not. Makeup is allowed in Islam! Unless the intention is to flirt of seduce a man, it is allowed up until the point where lage modifications are made unnecessarily. An operation to fix a Muslim's nose will be allowed if it is for medical or life-saving purposes. Note: This applies to Muslims, all others will e able to do this, and even Muslims will not be stopped if they want to change their nose or fun; this is in terms of what God said.

The reason why everyone is scared of a 'takeover' by 'Islamist tyranists' is because the governments are slowly distilling the fear into us. They make rules against the poor Muslims, and instruct the press to misuse the words  like Jihad to give a false impression. In the times of the Sultan Abdulhamid II, all races, sects, religions and ethnicities traded talked and had fun together in the capital of Istanbul. All aspects of life were respected. The way the taxes worked benefited everyone. The caliph would take money out of his own personal treasures to give extensively to the poor. All religions loved him and his way of doing things. Unfortunately, there were some that wanted to create division between the Sultan, the people and the world. They wrote bad about him in the press, did things to make the pubic lose their trust in this wonderful leader and made names for him, like the Red Sultan and the dictator when clearly he was not. They wanted to make the city "free" like Paris or Vienna, when it already was. This is because they wanted to control the public, like governments do today. After this, they wanted to spit all of the land up and give it to other countries, leaving Turkey surrounded This is what happened in Africa, Asia and the Middle-east. Today, look around you. France is banning the Burqa and denying homeschooling for Muslim children, China are brainwashing Uygur Muslim parents and children, and America have wreaked havoc in the middle-east. Britain and all countries of the european union have persecuted and Muslims and conquered Muslim lands to end the caliphate. Was it that bad? Now, they are making laws that affect Muslims, like PREVENT in Britain and actions in Scandinavian countries. The aim of this is to keep a new caliph from rising, and giving full control to the people. This part is secret, but it is true, because during periods with islamic rule, innovation arised, raw materials were put to good use to support infrastructure ad create more revenue than ever, and the people benefitted. It was a solution to poverty and food insecurity. So I do not see why people are scares.

Please read this, and contemplate about the situation of all the Muslims out there. After reading this, do you still think that we are bad, cruel and tyrants. There is more to write, but I have other things to do, so I will have to write more another time. If you have leaned something new from this post, please tell me and share with your family, so Islamic people,who have migrated to developed countries and payed taxes all their lives, can get the trust they finally deserve. I trust Muslims, so Why Don't you?

Yours sincerely,

Salik Imran, 13.

Also, can all of you tell me who is Muslim, as you all sound like Muslims, but are saying some things that contradict their way of life. This would be appreciated.

Don't be fooled into thinking your way is the only way, age is no guarantee of wisdom...

1 hour ago, Salik Imran said:

Chemistry, algebra and trigonometry were invented, european scholars flocked to the great islamic institutions and universities to learn and translate Islamic science journals into their own language, and people came to have a better education and life under the Caliphate. This is because Islam covers many, if not all, aspects of life and how to live it.

Then I guess it is fair to say Islam is responsible for the current dearth of scientific discovery, honor killings, forced marriages and the subjugation of women.

What happened to culture under ISIS?

It's not a good idea to cherry pick only the good aspects as someone is sure to point out the bad.

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Don't be fooled into thinking your way is the only way, age is no guarantee of wisdom...

I did not say that. I am only saying that it can be compatible with the US or any country, IF it happenes.

3 hours ago, zapatos said:

Then I guess it is fair to say Islam is responsible for the current dearth of scientific discovery, honor killings, forced marriages and the subjugation of women.

What happened to culture under ISIS?

It's not a good idea to cherry pick only the good aspects as someone is sure to point out the bad.

The whole of Islam is not responsible. Forced marriages and honour killings are not allowed in Islam. There is a way to search for the right match, which does not ever involve force. These instances are more of a cultural practice, instead of an Islamic or religious practice. Muslims should not subjugated. Just like how christian women should not be subjugated, there are some individuals that force them to do unmentionable things. This does not make the WHOLE of Islam or Christianity at fault. Do you get what I am saying?

I know that it is not good to cherry pick. As my dad said when I was young: "eat the whole pizza, or none of the pizza. Do not pick out what you don't like. Be grateful. I do not think I cherry picked by intention; can you kindly point it out please? There are some people in Islam that do the wrong things, but you cannot judge the whole of the Islamic population for it. They are nice people and most, if not all will disregard what the bad ones are saying. ISIS are claiming to things in god's name, when God himself forbids what they are doing. Lastly, what do you mean by the current death of discovery?

6 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

Hello all,

Yours sincerely,

Salik Imran, 13.

What’s the connection to the topic (Sharia law in the US)?

The reason why everyone is scared of a 'takeover' by 'Islamist tyranists' is because the governments are slowly distilling the fear into us. They make rules against the poor Muslims, and instruct the press to misuse the words  like Jihad to give a false impression.

Evidence of this happening (in the US)?

I was just replying to all of the comments and correcting the misconceptions.

17 minutes ago, swansont said:

What’s the connection to the topic (Sharia law in the US)?

Evidence of this happening (in the US)?

Yes, in our religious studies class, we were learning about Jihad. Jihad means struggle and most people think os is a term that indicates terrorism, because of the misuse of the word in the press. There was a Washington Post article (can't remember which one) which misused the term. We analysed a letter to the editor explaining what Jihad is and how it is commonly miscomprehended. The person asked the editor to stop misusing the terms, and educate Washing Post's readers so that they can learn the true meaning of the term. I hope you now understand. Also, try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_United_States. This will tell you all about instances where freedom of speech has been violated or missed by the Government of the united states of America. This is not necessarily related to Islam, but more general as I aimed my comment generally.

Thanks for asking, as I am happy to help.

55 minutes ago, Salik Imran said:

This does not make the WHOLE of Islam or Christianity at fault. Do you get what I am saying?

Yes, you are saying when things go bad that the whole of Islam is not at fault, but when things go well it is the whole of Islam that gets credit. Your bias is showing.

58 minutes ago, Salik Imran said:

Lastly, what do you mean by the current death of discovery?

What I said was the "dearth" of discovery. You pointed out that Islam was so good because it covers nearly all aspects of life. You used discoveries in the middle ages as evidence.

As Islamic countries now lag the Western world in discoveries I was wondering why you didn't also suggest Islam was responsible for that.

5 hours ago, MigL said:

do not agree with the way things are done in many other countries, simply because it's their 'way of life'.
It can be 'wrong' ( to me ) even if it is their heritage; and why I choose not to live there ( as do many of their people ).

5 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

Even if you do not like the ruler, he will respect your opinion, unless you try to kill him. Even then, he might forgive you; you never know. Can you explain the rest of your comment. I don't understand.

I do not like living in a society where Religious leaders 'interpret' scriptures to govern people, instead of people choosing their representatives to govern them.
So I choose to live in the Western world, governed by elected Governments; not ruled by Religious Clerics, Kings, or Dictators.
Apparently a lot of Muslims do also, as they are emigrating to Europe and North America in large numbers.
I guess they don't like that 'way of life' either.

By the way, most of us know 'jihad' means struggle, or effort, but what does it have to do with Sharia Law in the US, and how has 'jihad' been used in the past ?
Words take on new meaning according to what they describe; if you use 'jihad' to describe religious wars, or violent actions, eventually that is what it comes to mean.

PS
Quite a bit of the Middle Age Islamic science was 'old' Greek science, which Muslims preserved, but Europe did not.

5 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

While Europe was lost in the Dark ages, the Middle-East and the lands that were under Caliphate rule were going through its golden age. Chemistry, algebra and trigonometry were invented, european scholars flocked to the great islamic institutions and universities to learn and translate Islamic science journals into their own language, and people came to have a better education and life under the Caliphate. This is because Islam covers many, if not all, aspects of life and how to live it.

In this post you claim Islam is responsible for these good things.

1 hour ago, Salik Imran said:

The whole of Islam is not responsible. Forced marriages and honour killings are not allowed in Islam. There is a way to search for the right match, which does not ever involve force. These instances are more of a cultural practice, instead of an Islamic or religious practice. Muslims should not subjugated. Just like how christian women should not be subjugated, there are some individuals that force them to do unmentionable things. This does not make the WHOLE of Islam or Christianity at fault. Do you get what I am saying?

In this post you claim Islam is not responsible for these bad things.

To be honest I do not know. My thinking is that maybe the infrastructure of the Caliphate boosted that. All muslim countries and their scientists were collaborating freely. Nowadays, they are most likely to czre about their own country/fame. This is just an opinion, but I will find out a proper answer. You got me there.

41 minutes ago, Salik Imran said:

I was just replying to all of the comments and correcting the misconceptions.

Yes, in our religious studies class, we were learning about Jihad. Jihad means struggle and most people think os is a term that indicates terrorism, because of the misuse of the word in the press.

The term in question is sharia, not jihad. Nobody mentioned jihad until you brought it up.

There was a Washington Post article (can't remember which one) which misused the term.

That’s not evidence that anyone “instruct the press to misuse the words  like Jihad to give a false impression”

We analysed a letter to the editor explaining what Jihad is and how it is commonly miscomprehended. The person asked the editor to stop misusing the terms, and educate Washing Post's readers so that they can learn the true meaning of the term. I hope you now understand. Also, try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_United_States. This will tell you all about instances where freedom of speech has been violated or missed by the Government of the united states of America. This is not necessarily related to Islam, but more general as I aimed my comment generally.

Thanks for asking, as I am happy to help.

But the topic is specific, not general

15 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

I say this because of many things. Muslims are a peaceful folk. The Quran teaches us to have peace, and so does the Torah and the Bible. Unfortunately, in all religions, you get a few violent people. Just because ISIS or Al-Qaida do violence "IN THE NAME OF GOD" does not mean that the rest of the Muslims are responsible for it, called terrorists

Agreed, which is why we have programs like prevent.

The Prevent strategy has three objectives: 

• Challenging the ideology that supports terrorism and those who promote it,
  • Protecting vulnerable people,
  • Supporting sectors and institutions where there are risks of radicalisation.

https://fullfact.org/law/what-prevent-strategy/

Now, they are making laws that affect Muslims, like PREVENT in Britain and actions in Scandinavian countries. The aim of this is to keep a new caliph from rising, and giving full control to the people.

Good. I'm happy with this democracy thing we have thanks. If it ain't broke...

Edited by Curious layman

15 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

I did not say that. I am only saying that it can be compatible with the US or any country, IF it happenes.

I didn't say you did; my point is something's in life have to be experienced before one understands.

Being nice and fair to our fellow man shouldn't need a manual; but just incase one is needed, every culture has had a stab.

22 hours ago, Salik Imran said:

Do not worry about your nativity plays! I know that Islam teaches that whatever religion, you should respect their customs, unless they are raping men and women.

The issue really isn't nativity plays.

You are posting on a science site.

Many- perhaps most- of the people here are atheists.

What does Islam say about us?

6 hours ago, Curious layman said:

Good. I'm happy with this democracy thing we have thanks. If it ain't broke..

It is broke, it always has been; at least since the stone age. 😉

The more people involved in the decision, the greater the chance that fear is the motivater...

Dear all,
Unfortunately, I cannot answer your questions and carry on the conversation in this post at the moment. Since the start of school online, I have been extremely busy and my laptop is overflowing with homework(stangly, not any science!). Due to this, I will be absent indefinitely, so I ask you guys to carry on the conversation. Once again, I am sorry. I hope you have fun meanwhile.

Yours sincerely,

Salik Imran.

(I will get an email and reply to anything to do with my ideas for theories as that is part of my work at the moment. It is in the specuations section. See you soon!)

53 minutes ago, Salik Imran said:

... my laptop is overflowing with homework(stangly, not any science!)...

Make sure you do everything you can to change that. It’s easy to become trapped in religion. 

It is irrelevant whether Sharia law is 'compatible' with Western law or not: you cannot have a single country that runs one system of laws for some of its citizens and another system of law for others. That way lies anarchy.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Salik Imran said:

In a TRUE Islamic court (not the nigerian or arab courts)

This is known as the no true scotsman fallacy - rather than actually confront why Islam can be interpreted in nefarious ways, the problems are just waved away as not being 'true' Islam. Of course, they will say the same thing about your interpretation of Islam.

On 1/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, Salik Imran said:

how to eat properly, how to say Hi etc

I can take care of that. Thank you very much.

This is because they are a deterrent and Muslims want to make everyone safe and happy from bandits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qarada_raid

Mohammed raided caravans for a while. Please, illustrate me when Islam considers this a proper behaviour.

Way before democracy and rights for women were established in America and european countries, it was thriving in the East! Also, women can be free.

(My emphasis.)

Women can be free... I thought either you're free or your not. If you can be free, something's wrong with your "freedom." This reminds me of that similar, very common, euphemism: "This is potentially dangerous." Something is either dangerous or it's not. "Dangerous" means "potentially harmful." "Potentially dangerous" is about as BS as "potentially potentially harmful." Same with "free." If you're free, you're able to do what you want. If you "can be free," you're able to be able to do what you want. My BS detector went off.

OTOH:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad#Age_of_3rd_wife_Aisha

Is this story true? Is Bukhari right about it? If so, is a 6-year-old child who's still playing with dolls free to take a man in his fifties as husband?