Executing MAIAN tool: what is test.sol and where to store the retrieved Etherscan.io contract

zak100

Maian Tool Repository: How to store contract retrieved from etherscan.io and what is ‘test.sol’

Hi,

Hi,

I am to execute the MAIAN tool from its repository on docker. The link at :

GITHub Maian tool Issue

The above link provided details of how to execute the MAIAN tool from docker. I am in the MAIAN tool repository on docker.

They have first tried to access a smart contract from docker using Etherscan.io:

Accessing smart contract using Etherscan.io

The name of the contract is KaratBankCoin. They have not told where to store the contract.

Later on they used the command:

python maian.py -c 2 --soliditycode test.sol KaratBankCoin

I am getting the error :

====================================================================================================

[ ] Compiling Solidity contract from the file test.sol ... [-] Contract file test.sol does NOT exist

[-] Contract KaratBankCoin does NOT exist

Because I don’t know what is test.sol and I don’t know how and where to store the KaratBankCoin contract retrieved from mainnet using Etherscan.io.

They have not provided any details about test.sol and how to store KaratBanCoin because we are in the Maian tool’s repository.

Somebody please guide me.

Zulfi.

They have not provided any details about test.sol and how to store KaratBanCoin because we are in the Maian tool’s repository.

Did you not post on the forum about solidity before? Did you not study it back then and take notes so you can write it now?

I feel like you are spending way too much time on something that would be a lot easier if you got a cheap course. I am not an expert in all this blockchain stuff. Surely there is one on Udemy etc but you will have to wait for a sale.

Hi,

<Did you not post on the forum about solidity before?>

Yes, I posted about this also but no reply.

<Did you not study it back then and take notes so you can write it now? >

Never. But sorry why are you asking these questions? Are you against forums? You know this is the advantage of forums that we can learn from each other. I can't understand why are you feeling bad about this. If you don't know no problem. I am not pressing you to tell me.

<I feel like you are spending way too much time on something that would be a lot easier if you got a cheap course. >goo

I know about Solidity but I am not good at testing that's why I am posting.

<I am not an expert in all this blockchain stuff. Surely there is one on Udemy etc but you will have to wait for a sale. >

Okay no problem, let some other person reply me. But if I am in a position to afford anything, I don't wait for sales.

Zulfi.