Is length contracting caused by a refraction index?

CuriosOne

What I mean is when light bends in a medium such as a gas field ie fluid field in random motion with light beams or rays passing through it...

Not even sure if my question is relavant, length contraction "angles" I assume they are, is confusing me.

Edited by CuriosOne

19 hours ago, MigL said:

Refraction is when incident light bends towards the normal, on entry into a denser medium; this is caused by the 'slowing' of light by absorption and re-emission.
What do you think is length contracted ?

In my opinion, I think "time' itself is contracted, becuase length is a "variable."...Why else would light bend towards the normal??

If light is slowing down in denser mediums "What" causes re-transmission of light? The medium "field" itself?

And is the speed of re-transmission proportional to its slowing down speed?

Meaning that does re-transmission of light travel slow in mediums too????

In a medium, depending on its properties, light is effectively slowed down by absorption, and re-emission, by the electrons in the constituent atoms.
This process adds time; In 'between' atoms, light travels at c.

There is no time dilation.

3 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

I think "time' itself is contracted, becuase length is a "variable."

If by 'variable' you mean relative, both time and length are relative and 'related'.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

In a medium, depending on its properties, light is effectively slowed down by absorption, and re-emission, by the electrons in the constituent atoms.
This process adds time; In 'between' atoms, light travels at c.

There is no time dilation.

If by 'variable' you mean relative, both time and length are relative and 'related'.

I thought so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But none of my books tell me this, or at least simplified it as you did.

So then!!!!!!!! 

"Light" is frozen and the only way it can "transform into heat" is through obsorbtion through a medium or gas??? "Note: particles act as little magnets too."

Now if light is frozen: what is time and where did it emerge? Hmmmm..

Is this related to permeability??

What im getting at is that it would appear "light" is frozen or ionic, predictable in a sense through geometry, ie hexagonal topologies, homogeneous, triangulated etc etc..

Is this anology correct?

Edited by CuriosOne

12 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

Now if light is frozen: what is time and where did it emerge? Hmmmm..

!

Moderator Note

Your topic is length contraction and refraction.

In case it hasn’t been made clear: length contraction (a phenomenon from relativity) is not caused by refraction (an optical effect). Which of these two topics do you wish to discuss?

(and no, light is not frozen)

23 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

Your topic is length contraction and refraction.

In case it hasn’t been made clear: length contraction (a phenomenon from relativity) is not caused by refraction (an optical effect). Which of these two topics do you wish to discuss?

(and no, light is not frozen)

Maybe light is "refined."

But this makes matters very confusing now due in part of how "radio" transmission travels at light speeds in "any medium."

My idea behind light being frozen, is that "space" has no medium...

I'm not sure if I can answer your question..I think the emission and absorption idea is 100% correct..

Why??

"Particles have spin and act as little magents."

"Heat Energy is Quantized"

"Radio transmission travels at the speed of light." 3*10^8

Still not sure where that 3 comes from though.

"Then we have:

"The Heat Transfer" Ideas."

Edited by CuriosOne

4 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Maybe light is "refined."

But this makes matters very confusing now due in part of how "radio" transmission travels at light speeds in "any medium."

My idea behind light being frozen, is that "space" has no medium...

!

Moderator Note

Your idea? 

Do you have something to post in speculations, that would comply with the rules, or are you asking questions? You can’t do both at once.

1 hour ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

Your idea? 

Do you have something to post in speculations, that would comply with the rules, or are you asking questions? You can’t do both at once.

I'd agree to move this to speculations...

its a good read..