Gravity is wrong!!1!!1!one!

Mokele

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett,
Hence when atheists jump they never come down :S

I like the 'let's take a look at the evidence' and then goes on to quote the bible...this is actually starting to wind me up.

'There's no such thing as God'...there you go, it's written.

Also this statement is current, not a couple of thousand years old, and is based on all the evidence collated that could prove the existence of God...which amounts to zero.

You can't refute this statement because you have no observable evidence to refute it. You just have a book that's full of contradictions...(that's reeeally old) this statement has no contradictions.

I could go on, but it's Friday night and I'm going to my local church...better know as the pub.

You forgot the other important thing God does: he touches your head as he throws you down toward the earth, damaging just enough brain cells for you not to notice he slam-dunked you.

This new theory is clearly far superior to Newton's "Absolute Space" and "Instantaneous Action at a Distance". And furthermore, it is clearly better than painting yourself into a slower than light-speed corner as with SRT, or imagining Einstein's "the Aether that wasn't" as in GRT. That reminds me of Winnie the Pooh's hefalump.

What have you boys got that beats the Creationists?

you have to be joking.......This is the saddest excuse of a theory I have ever seen. Just like the sun god riding his charriot explains why the sun rose and fell in ancient times....

Another half-baked theory to revitalize the church

you have to be joking.......This is the saddest excuse of a theory I have ever seen. Just like the sun god riding his charriot explains why the sun rose and fell in ancient times....

Another half-baked theory to revitalize the church

Urm' date=' please tell me your being sarcastic. You do realise that the Onoin is [i']satirical[/i] right?

"Closed-minded gravitists cannot find a way to make Einstein's general relativity match up with the subatomic quantum world," said Dr. Ellen Carson, a leading Intelligent Falling expert "

I fail to see why you all comment on this.....clearly none of you are experts in IF and Dr Carson is.Ived discussed this with Severian for several hours.We couldnt really hold down any aspect of the theory

If you would like to actually learn more you can aquire her latest publication..!"Intelligent falling for Dummies"

I can actually prove that god doesn't exist like in the bible

if god existed like in the bible why didn't he actually create the universe as described in the bible? since god didn't do it like whats in the bible i can only be infererred that if God does exist he had no contact with those who wrote the bible.

I can actually prove that god doesn't exist like in the bible

if god existed like in the bible why didn't he actually create the universe as described in the bible? since god didn't do it like whats in the bible i can only be infererred that if God does exist he had no contact with those who wrote the bible.

?? he did so!

From the bible go through the beginning step by step and tell me where it differs,i may be able to understand what your talking about....thanks.

Great, now we're in for another multipage IF/gravitist flame war.

you jinxed us skye

?? he did so!

From the bible go through the beginning step by step and tell me where it differs,i may be able to understand what your talking about....thanks.

well off the top of my head I would say that god obviously didn't create the earth as the center of the universe, if you want I'll go grab my bible and start finding references, but for now I must say that its to late where I am to create a long referenced post supporting my points.

however if you want to talk more about this i would suggest we create a new thread in the philosophy forum. if you create it I'll be happy to post a more thourogh argument there.

I would recommend calling the thread contradictions in the bible (or lack there of)

or possible contradictions in the bible

at least something thats neutral

Yeah, I think we should all start playing a game where you have to try to dodge God's hand... I mean, it can't be everywhere at once! Althogh I spose there's another god-theory allowing that!

I thought that was called hang-gliding.

yeah, but I just felt like getting that rant out of my system, is there even such a degree as applied scripture? ;)

Exactly...being a long time fan of Chris Morris I love satire. I think the point is that it might as well not be satirical, because this is exactly the type of bull sh*t theory that creationists and the like use as fuel for the faithful.

I've been meaning to rant about it for a while, this just set me off.