new developments taking place in labour market

kingdom

Hey guys, I wanted to ask what you think about how the job market will develop in the future in general? What is important and what should an employed person bring with? Due to automation and digitalization, many professions will soon become extinct. How can we counteract the unemployment rate? I guess that the gap between qualified and low-skilled workers is getting bigger and bigger, because some “easier” tasks can't be replaced by robots (such as cleaners in a building or so)... which means that there are some who earn a lot and a lot who earn very little money in future (if that is not already the case…). What do you guys think what new developments will be taking place in labour market and what qualification should young professionals get NOW? I am looking forward to reading your answers! Thanks in advance. :-)

Movement to medical professions and services that aren't so easily automated. Making up the gap through infrastructure programs funded centrally, things like government subsidized installation of solar panels and batteries, for example. 

to me in the current status the management is effective ,also more effective than working hard. but this presumably more valid in good countries regarding technological and scientific developments. of course this is my personal idea,I might be wrong.

what about the future?(Your question)

it is not so much clear. But all in all , rather than working hard , working  to what, will be effective. 

• 3 months later...

Just read an interesting article by Krugman which calls the rapid pace of automation in question:

Let’s do a fact check: Are we actually experiencing rapid automation — that is, a rapid reduction in the number of workers it takes to produce a given amount of stuff? That would imply a rapid rise in the amount of stuff produced by each worker still employed — that is, rapidly rising productivity.

But that’s not what we’re seeing. In fact, the lead article in the current issue of the Monthly Labor Review, published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, is an attempt to understand the productivity slowdown — the historically low growth in productivity since 2005. This slowdown has been especially pronounced in manufacturing, which has seen hardly any productivity rise over the past decade.

I suspect that there sectors more or less heavily impacted but at least as a whole at least that data seems to run counter to the overall assumption of break-neck speed of automation and job displacement. It is perhaps important to note that folks look at this from different angles and many journal articles look at risk of job loss in automation. Krugman's approach is a bit more empirical, looking at historic evidence of automation.