Metal and iron dissolving

Vendrek

14 hours ago, chenbeier said:

Any strong acid like hydrochloric acid will do it.

But not every metal  can be dissolved.

Thanks u for u answer but i used HCL and H2SO4 on that , thats not work, and the metal i wanna dissolved like this pic.thanks

٢٠٢٠١٢١٦_٠٣٢٨٥٨.jpg

I'm a little reluctant to butt in, but I'm slightly concerned that the OP seems somewhat new to chemistry (I don't have much hands-on experience but I've done a few chem courses in college and watched a lot of chem videos) so I figured just in case OP plans on doing this indoors I should ask whether or not rebar releases toxic fumes when dissolved in hydrochloric acid like silver does in nitric. Because if it does, it might be an idea to do this outdoors or in a fume hood.

21 hours ago, Vendrek said:

Thank u for u answer. I will do that, but if there any other ways i wanna learn about that , thank u.

That's a heftly 7 inch lump of 1 inch rebar you have shown.

It doesn't look stainless, which would offer good resistance to hydrochloric or sulphuric acids.

But stainless rebar can look dull like that. It is not higly polished like cutlery.

It looks more like standard high tenisle steel with the normal black oxide coating.

The black oxide is what give cast iron its high corrosion resistance.

You would have to expose clean metal to get the solution going.

Even then, if it is a high silicon steel it might still be resistant.

High-silicon cast irons represent the most universally corrosion-resistant alloys available at moderate cost. When silicon levels exceed 14.2%, high-silicon cast irons exhibit excellent resistance to H2SO4, HNO3, HCl, CH3COOH, and most other mineral and organic acids and corrosives.

Why do you need to dissolve such a large amount ?

Would some shavings not do ?